Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Just Saw The Worst Movie Ever Last Night..., Well..actually, I could only stand half.
Taliesin 
Posted: 27-Nov-2004, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

Hello everyone. My name is Chris, and I am a Christian. Not really of any denomination...right now, I'm attending a Grace Orthodox Presbyterian Church. I subscribe to Reformed Doctrine. (John Calvin, Martin Luther, etc.) Just thought I'd provide a bit of an introduction.

Last night, my family was trying to attend National Treasure, but it was sold out. So we instead chose to see Alexander, knowing nothing about what this movie is about. (Actually, it wasn't my choice...I would have much rather seen The Incredibles again, if only to see the trailer for Episode III again. wink.gif ) Anyway, Alexander is absolutely horrible on two major levels.

1. The homosexual aspect is just disgusting. Now, I know there are Christians in this forum who see no problem with homosexuality, and I'm not intending to spark a debate here, but I also happen to know that a vast majority of Christian denominations and churches disagree. I am one of those. That does not mean I can't like you as a person. I was a music major for 3 years in college. A lot of my friends and classmates were homosexuals in Theater and Choir, and Band. They were very nice people. They just participated in a lifestyle that I believe is wrong. At any rate, this movie is filled with homosexuality...men kissing etc.

Now, I know this is historic. In Greek society bisexuality was very common. That doesn't mean that I want to see it. If this were the only thing wrong with the movie, I still would have walked out, however.

Also, I heard from those who stayed in the theater that there was a heterosexual sex scene in the movie later, and that was particularly offensive and pointless. I would have been offended at this had I seen it as well.

2. This movie failed to make me care about any of the characters in the least. A giant battle scene is raging and roaring, and I could care less which side wins and which side gets slaughtered. There was no drama because it didn't matter to me whether Alexander dies or whether he lived. At that point, actually, I was kinda hoping he would die, and then the movie would be over.

At any rate, I can learn a lot more from a history book about Alexander. (And I did, after I left the theater and went to a bookstore.) I don't need or want to see it played out on screen. And secondly, a movie must make the audience feel something for the character, and all I could bring myself to feel was intense boredom and revulsion.

I apologize if I've offended anyone, however, I did consider the Golden Rule when writing this review. If someone were to say that they think that heterosexuality is disgusting or immoral or wrong, I wouldn't much care. I also wouldn't hesitate to cease public displays of heterosexual affection if someone told me it bothered them for whatever reason. I know that homosexuals exist, etc, but it doesn't mean that I want to see them displaying their affection in on a giant screen in front of me. I also don't want to see heterosexual sex scenes. At least in public, I have the choice to not look at it.

Well, now that I've offended everyone, I'm going to end. I just wanted to give Christians the information that I didn't have so that they can make an educated decision as to whether they want to see this movie or not.

-Chris

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Nov-2004, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (sir_tal @ 27-Nov-2004, 12:31 PM)
Well, now that I've offended everyone, I'm going to end. I just wanted to give Christians the information that I didn't have so that they can make an educated decision as to whether they want to see this movie or not.

-Chris

I don't think you've offended anyone. You certainly didn't offend me. I was brought up to respect everyone else's beliefs, even if I didn't agree with them.

I could tell just by looking at the trailer online (www.apple.com/trailers) that "Alexander" was gonna be a train wreck.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 27-Nov-2004, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Thanks for posting this, Chris.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Taliesin 
Posted: 27-Nov-2004, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 27-Nov-2004, 11:06 AM)
I could tell just by looking at the trailer online (www.apple.com/trailers) that "Alexander" was gonna be a train wreck.

Man, do I ever wish I had watched that trailer before going. And truthfully, if the movie we had originally planned on seeing had been Alexander, I wouldn't have gone. I had no desire to see it.

We're going to see National Treasure today, I guess. I'm all for eating leftovers and sleeping, but if my in-laws wish to pay for a movie, then I'll go see it. smile.gif

-Chris
maryellen 
Posted: 28-Nov-2004, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

Thank you for your post. I agree with your view and will not be seeing Alexander.
You will be happy to hear that the critics I listened to on the radio did not like this movie either.
I'm sorry you didn't get to see "National Treasure." I thought it was a fun movie. If you do see it, there are some errors. The biggest one is that 56 delegates signed the Declaration of Independence, not 55 as he says in the movie.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
Taliesin 
Posted: 28-Nov-2004, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Heh, we ended up seeing National Treasure last night, and it was a REALLY good movie. I didn't notice the error, but I didn't actually know how many delagates actually signed the Declaration of Independence. smile.gif

I was really pleased with how that movie turned out. That's one I'd like to own when it comes out on DVD. smile.gif

-Chris
susieq76 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Thanks so much for the info, Chris! It is very helpful - not that Alexander is my kind of movie anyway, but it is always good to know. And Incredibles was a fabulous movie, wasn't it?! Man, I loved it!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
catlynelizabeth 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Boston

female

I didn't think Alexander looked particularly appealing either even though I think Colin Farrell is an interesting person, I don't always agree with his actions or what he says but he can be interesting and ridiculously funny. I saw National Treasure over the weekend with my parents and most of the content is not only entertaining but is accurate. However this one point besides the delgeates was pointed out to me: The person who kept the secret for the mason (can't remember his name now) was a Catholic and historically ( not saying now just in history) the masons were antiCatholic and at one point the Pope said that to be part of the masons was a sin against the church and so the probablity of him acutally being the one to keep the secret of a society that he was not necessarily supposed to be apart of is kinda wrong. However other than that small almost unnoticeable detail the movie was Stellar. I loved it and my dad who is incredible hard to please when it comes to movies loved it too.

--------------------
To watch us irish dance is to hear our hearts speak!
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
Douglas Adams
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I don't get one point in that review. You're upset because you payed for a movie and 'didn't want to see that'. Sorry, but you should have checked it out first. I could care less what they do on the screen. I wouldn't be going just because it looks like bandwagon jumping after King Arthur and Troy. The gay stuff wouldn't phase me in the least.

I'm sorry, it just sounds like you feel you were deceived by someone when you saw some gay scenes. Your money got you into the show. No, I'm not offended. I just saw that as complaining for the sake of it.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Meryat 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Somewhere near a computer

Also, I heard from those who stayed in the theater that there was a heterosexual sex scene in the movie later, and that was particularly offensive and pointless. I would have been offended at this had I seen it as well.

It is sad that modern filmmakers often seem to lack the art of subtlety and suggestion and find it necessary to detail the intimate parts of a couple's relationship to make it understood that the couple is participating in such activities. It makes selecting movies a difficult task for those of us who have no desire to watch such things.

~Meryat
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 29-Nov-2004, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

QUOTE (sir_tal @ 27-Nov-2004, 01:31 PM)
Hello everyone. My name is Chris, and I am a Christian. Not really of any denomination...right now, I'm attending a Grace Orthodox Presbyterian Church. I subscribe to Reformed Doctrine. (John Calvin, Martin Luther, etc.) Just thought I'd provide a bit of an introduction.

Last night, my family was trying to attend National Treasure, but it was sold out. So we instead chose to see Alexander, knowing nothing about what this movie is about. (Actually, it wasn't my choice...I would have much rather seen The Incredibles again, if only to see the trailer for Episode III again. wink.gif ) Anyway, Alexander is absolutely horrible on two major levels.

1. The homosexual aspect is just disgusting. Now, I know there are Christians in this forum who see no problem with homosexuality, and I'm not intending to spark a debate here, but I also happen to know that a vast majority of Christian denominations and churches disagree. I am one of those. That does not mean I can't like you as a person. I was a music major for 3 years in college. A lot of my friends and classmates were homosexuals in Theater and Choir, and Band. They were very nice people. They just participated in a lifestyle that I believe is wrong. At any rate, this movie is filled with homosexuality...men kissing etc.

Now, I know this is historic. In Greek society bisexuality was very common. That doesn't mean that I want to see it. If this were the only thing wrong with the movie, I still would have walked out, however.

2. This movie failed to make me care about any of the characters in the least. A giant battle scene is raging and roaring, and I could care less which side wins and which side gets slaughtered. There was no drama because it didn't matter to me whether Alexander dies or whether he lived. At that point, actually, I was kinda hoping he would die, and then the movie would be over.

At any rate, I can learn a lot more from a history book about Alexander. (And I did, after I left the theater and went to a bookstore.) I don't need or want to see it played out on screen. And secondly, a movie must make the audience feel something for the character, and all I could bring myself to feel was intense boredom and revulsion.

I apologize if I've offended anyone, however, I did consider the Golden Rule when writing this review. If someone were to say that they think that heterosexuality is disgusting or immoral or wrong, I wouldn't much care. I also wouldn't hesitate to cease public displays of heterosexual affection if someone told me it bothered them for whatever reason. I know that homosexuals exist, etc, but it doesn't mean that I want to see them displaying their affection in on a giant screen in front of me. I also don't want to see heterosexual sex scenes. At least in public, I have the choice to not look at it.

-Chris

O'siyo sir_tal,
~ My name is seeker, thats right, my Native American name is seeker and the name I go by online and in real life..I claim no 'religion' but am as spiritual as any one person can be..being that you introduced yourself and your 'religion' I only thought it proper to reciprocate wink.gif
~First off, let me say that unconditionally I respect everyones opinion tis why I am going to post something about your comments on the movie Alexander I really feel that you have a really hard tyme dealing with gays in every aspect...not just 'gay things' on the big screen but in life in general..that is your right I suppose just as it is my right to say that heterosexual displays of affection in public can be a nuisance..If I may ask a question? If you claim to have no problems with gays and their 'ways' and you don't agree with any of it for it 'disgusts' you how can you claim that 'it doesn't mean I can't like you as a person'..would that not make you a hypocrite? And is that not a sin in your religion? being a hypocrite, saying one thing and doing another so to speak? I am just curious tis all..MY OPINION ONLY on this statement, 'If you can't like me for what I am and for how I live my life, then I would prefer you not like me at all..because to like me as a person is to accept the way I choose to live my life...how I live my life and who I share it with being man or woman is just that..a part of who I am and how is it possible to single out a few characteristics to like while you dislike other aspects of me? unsure.gif I always thought to like someone was to accept all that they are made up of..It doesn't mean that you have to live the same life I live nor the same lifestyle..I just have a hard tyme with someone claiming to like a person but, find themselves disgusted at their lifestyle, beliefs or cultural background wink.gif
~ Another aspect of your post that stirs my curiosity is, isn't it wrong to judge people? Is that not considered a sin in your religion and beliefs? I have to wonder where religion would be today had Jesus judged people and based on their lifestyle decided whom to 'cure' and 'love'.. angel_not.gif
~Another part of your post that humoured me if you will, was the fact that you acknowledge that 'homosexuals exist'..I also think it 'big' of you if you will to say that if displays of heterosexual affection bothers someone you would cease those displays of affection..but, you also say that if someone was offended by your heterosexual lifestyle, thought it immoral or wrong you wouldn't much care dry.gif I believe that is what our society has become..it has taken a long tyme for gays to become a real part of society and I believe from the experience that I have had with the homosexual 'society' they believe the same way you do..they could care less if they are given approval for how they choose to live their life..guess it boils down to our lives are just that, OURS and everyone is going to live it accordingly..makes things easier so to speak..
~ One more thing before I finish up my two-cents here wine.gif Many people believe that gays/lesbians/homosexuals are the only ones in Theatre/Music in college..I am a Doctor of Psychology and you should 'see' the gays in this field wink.gif I also have many O'ginallis that profess to be 'Christians' and they too are gay..I have gay O'ginalli's that have been in monogomous relationships much longer than any heterosexual couple I know.. Guess happiness comes in many forms, genders and situations eh? wink2.gif
~I admire you speaking your mind sir_tal and to you I say Ni Ya We (thank you in Cherokee) for sharing..I just felt compelled to speak mine..tis nothing against you, just some observations that I wanted to point out along with a few questions that came to mind.. And for the record, you didn't offend me..that is really hard to do happy.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

hehe. You know what's funny. I saw the trailers and I new it was going to be a horrible movie. Colin ferrel's hair....how fake can you look??? If a movie is going to look that fake then there is no way it is going to be good. The movie didn't make any money, which is good, and it got horrible ratings, which is good because it doesn't deserve any of it!

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Taliesin 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 29-Nov-2004, 01:11 PM)
I don't get one point in that review. You're upset because you payed for a movie and 'didn't want to see that'. Sorry, but you should have checked it out first. I could care less what they do on the screen. I wouldn't be going just because it looks like bandwagon jumping after King Arthur and Troy. The gay stuff wouldn't phase me in the least.

I'm sorry, it just sounds like you feel you were deceived by someone when you saw some gay scenes. Your money got you into the show. No, I'm not offended. I just saw that as complaining for the sake of it.

I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but it was not my intention to see Alexander. Originally, we wanted to see National Treasure. Had the plan been to see Alexander, I would not have gone. I had no desire to see that movie. I didn't know a thing about it, and the short glimpses of the trailer I had seen didn't really do anything for me. We got to the threater, and National Treasure was sold out. So the family made a quick decision to see Alexander instead. I did not drive to the theater, so I couldn't just have driven home. I wasn't technically even paying for it, as my in-laws ended up paying me back for the movie. (And no, I did not demand that...they just did it.)

Finally, I was not complaining just to complain. I am reviewing this movie for the Christians who may be going to see this movie just like I did. If I had happened to read a review of this movie like what I wrote, I would have chosen to sit in the bookstore and read for the duration of the movie. I want to give them the opportunity to make that informed choice.

If the homosexual things in the movie wouldn't have bothered you, then ignore my review...it's not for you.

-Chris
Taliesin 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Hi there! Good points, and I'd like to address them. This could be long. :-D

If you claim to have no problems with gays and their 'ways' and you don't agree with any of it for it 'disgusts' you how can you claim that 'it doesn't mean I can't like you as a person'..would that not make you a hypocrite? And is that not a sin in your religion? being a hypocrite, saying one thing and doing another so to speak?

I'm confused as to why thinking a lifestyle is sinful, and then liking a person is hypocritical. A dictionary definition of a hypocrite is "a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold". I hold those beliefs, and loving a person who commits a sin is in no way hypocritical. Shoot, I sin. We all sin. This would be a world of everyone disliking everyone all the time if we were supposed to hate people who do wrong things.

You say that a hypocrite is saying one thing and doing another. If I say that homosexuality is a sin, and then go and practice it, then I am saying one thing and doing another. Or if I say that all heterosexuals should be put to death, but then have a heterosexual lover, than THAT is saying one thing and doing another. But saying that I can love a person who happens to be doing something that I believe is wrong does not make me a hypocrite.

'If you can't like me for what I am and for how I live my life, then I would prefer you not like me at all..because to like me as a person is to accept the way I choose to live my life...how I live my life and who I share it with being man or woman is just that..a part of who I am and how is it possible to single out a few characteristics to like while you dislike other aspects of me?

Very simple. I tend to like salads. I HATE tomatos. But that doesn't mean I have to dislike salads. All of my friends have done something at one time or another that I disagreed with or thought was wrong. Part of being a friend is not drop-kicking them out the door when they do such things. If a homosexual person didn't want to be around me because I disagree with them about their sexual orientation, that's ok. It's their choice.

Another aspect of your post that stirs my curiosity is, isn't it wrong to judge people? Is that not considered a sin in your religion and beliefs? I have to wonder where religion would be today had Jesus judged people and based on their lifestyle decided whom to 'cure' and 'love'.

I am not judging anyone. That is for God to decide. He makes the rules, and whether or not people follow them determines their judgement. However, the Bible says that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10.) Now, you can dispute the Bible verse, etc., but that's a different discussion.

There was a scene in the Bible where a woman was caught in the act of adultery. The pharisees brought the woman to Jesus to be stoned. He said "Let he who is without sin among you, cast the first stone", then stooped and drew in the dirt, and one by one, the accusers, convicted of the sin in their own lives left. He looked up, and asked her whether any remained to condemn her to death. She told him no. He said, "Then neither do I condemn you. GO AND SIN NO MORE." (CAPS mine.) wink.gif He did not dispute that what she was doing was sin. He just didn't condemn her to death. He showed her mercy in the proscribed way of dealing with adulterers. Now, I am not going to stone any homosexuals to death. That is not my job. I also don't determine who goes to heaven or hell. That is not my job. However, I am not judging someone if I say that the Bible says that what they are doing is wrong.

Another part of your post that humoured me if you will, was the fact that you acknowledge that 'homosexuals exist'..I also think it 'big' of you if you will to say that if displays of heterosexual affection bothers someone you would cease those displays of affection..but, you also say that if someone was offended by your heterosexual lifestyle, thought it immoral or wrong you wouldn't much care

By saying I wouldn't much care, I was saying that I would not be offended. I'm not a big one for public displays of affection anyway, so I'm also saying, I wouldn't much care that I wouldn't be able to do such things. I'm not saying that I don't care about the beliefs of the person. I apologize for not making myself clear.

And for the record, I'm not saying that only gays are in theater or music. I'm saying that at the time I was in music, there were a lot of them in the classes I was taking, and I had a good time talking and learning with them. Didn't mean to insinuate that I was the only heterosexual. Had some of the BEST times in my Music Theory classes. :-D

-Chris

edit: Also, this is all I'm going to say on this topic. This is a Christian forum, and the majority of mainstream Christians hold the same beliefs I do about this topic. My review is intended for those who don't want to see that kind of thing on screen, hetero-, homo-, or otherwise. If you aren't bothered by such things, then as I said above, my review is not for you. If you want to discuss the topic of whether the Bible is against homosexuality or whatnot, feel free to create a thread about it. This thread was simply for my review on the movie. If you disagree with my assessment of this movie, and would like to post a different review of the movie for Christians, feel free. I would suggest that you put it in its own thread, unless you're ok with the thread being entitled "I Just Saw The Worst Movie Ever Last Night." Thank you. smile.gif

This post has been edited by sir_tal on 30-Nov-2004, 01:08 PM
freekenny 
Posted: 30-Nov-2004, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo sir_tal,
~ Well, you too made some very good points..but, indeed I do disagree with you on many of them which is my right and nothing personal against you rolleyes.gif
~ For the record, I do believe and have always been taught that saying one thing and doing another similiar to the one thing for instance that you are 'against' is a hypocrite pure and simple..I truly believe that saying something 'disgusts' you such as homosexuality and believing it a sin but, at the same tyme socializing with gays is exactly that, being a hypocrite.. *hypocrite- a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue, acceptance, or religion* It is very obvious that you and I are never going to agree on that so perhaps it should be put to rest.. rip_1.gif
~ As far as you claiming to be confused about me believing that 'thinking a lifestyle is sinful' is pretty simple in my mind..its being judgemental and to judge someone I believe is a sin according to how I have interpreted this book called the Bible.. I truly believe that as a mere mortal you nor I for that matter have any right whatsoever to pass judgment on anyone for any reason wink.gif Again, perhaps this is yet another issue that you and I will never see eye to eye on and well thats perfectly fine..even 'normal' for the most part..
~ Alright, as far as your 'salad & tomato' analogy..let me ask this..in my eyes it goes back to the judgement thing..why is it that you choose to be around a person or even like a person if there are certain characterisitcs about that person or their lifestyle that 'disgust' you or 'you believe to be wrong'?..you said you weren't going to speak any further on this issue but, I still had to ask that question..wouldn't it be much more peaceful and serene to just avoid all together those that you find to 'digust' you? I am just curious is all.. rolleyes.gif
~What bothers me about people is the fact that there are lifestyle 'complaints' if you will that when it all boils down to it is judgemental at best..I mean are we really meant to judge others? Is it our job to say that something or the way someone lives is wrong? Just because it is written in a book doesn't mean it should be that way..I am not disrespecting the Bible nor anyone that wishes to believe in it and its words..I just find it difficult to live by words in a book that were written by mere mortals and interpreted hundreds and hundreds of tymes.. dontgetit.gif I believe, and tis my opinion only, with so much emphasis on this Bible too many people are being isolated, hurt and even ostracized from our communities; hence hate crimes and holier than thou attitudes.. angel_not.gif And totally being a devils advocate here perhaps even a bit facisious, but you say, 'I HATE tomatoes'..hmmmm is not to hate a sin?? wink.gif
~ I don't agree with you or the Bible saying that homosexuals will not enter into this place called 'heaven'..again, that is my right..I just thought that if this God was a true, loving and forgiving God as Christians claim, how could He not allow all to enter heaven? How is it that we are to believe that He will allow so many to suffer in this place called Hell?..that in my opinion is nothing more than a scare tactic and hypocritical at best! God is suppose to love everyone and forgive everyone for these 'sins'..my opinion is if you aren't 'hurting' anyone here on Mother Earth, then you will enter this place called Heaven should you choose to believe it exists.. And for the record, even though it may state in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong etc., I don't believe this Jesus or God said it..again, this book was written by mere mortals and their job was to record 'history' loosely at best and to tell stories that glorify this healer called Jesus..did a great job I will give them that..but absolute, no way..Again, probably more issues that you and I will never agree on and again, that is how life is and how diversity makes us individuals..
~ As far as the part of our postings that 'debate' being offended over our displays..'By saying I wouldn't much care, I was saying that I would not be offended. I'm not a big one for public displays of affection anyway, so I'm also saying, I wouldn't much care that I wouldn't be able to do such things. I'm not saying that I don't care about the beliefs of the person.' Again, my opinion..by being disgusted and judging others on the way they choose to live their life, you are totally displaying 'not caring about their beliefs'
~ And for the record O'ginalli (friend in Cherokee), I realize that this is a Christian Forum and like all things in life, good or bad, religion will always be a major debate..also I once again am going to have to disagree with you when you claim that the majority of mainstream Christians agree with you on your views..perhaps that may, but doubtfully hold true in your circle or your Church or with your O'ginalli's, however, I am very close to many 'Christians' and they no where near have the belief system that you profess to have..they are accepting of all for we all are truly created equal..the sooner we realize this, the better off the world, religion and people will become.. beer.gif
~ And for the record, I have no desire whatsoever to go see Alexander I just happened upon your post, read it, and it was intellectual and I wished to comment on some things that I didn't agree on..again, nothing personal against you persay, just some of your words and thoughts wink.gif Ni Ya We (thank you in Cherokee) for sparking such an intellectual spar without any hurt feelings! It takes courage to spar with this Cherokee Gal! lol.gif
~ Look forward to many more 'spars' or possibly agreements with you on some other issues here at CelticRadio.. wink.gif
~~Sty-U (stay strong) red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]