Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Where Do You Live?, If you want to share...
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Terrence for the lind on San Antonio. It is one city I really want to visit. I want to see the Alamo, even though I know it is nothing like the latest movie "The Alamo" that came out. Still want to experience it and see that wonderful river walk I keep hearing about.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 06-Sep-2004, 02:40 PM)
Brian, actually surprised that you even have internet today. Figured we wouldn't hear from you for a few days.

I think we were lucky because we live downtown, and most of the power lines are underground. The lights flickered a few times, but that's it. We had wind gusts up to about 55mph yesterday afternoon, and rain for about 24 hours. There are a lot of small tree parts lying around, but we fared pretty well. Frances was downgraded to a tropical storm just as she entered Tampa bay, so that helped too. Just east of Tampa got hit pretty hard, including the aforementioned Plant City. Now all eyes are on Ivan. eek.gif This is quite a hurricane season. I moved here in December. My wife tells me they haven't had a hurricane close to this area in many, many years. I guess I brought them with me. smile.gif

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

Ceciliastar1, what's wrong with Ohio? I've never been there, so I am quite curious as to your issues with the place?

Rory
PMEmail Poster               
Lady Anandrea 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 11:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Nova Scotia Canada

female

Hi everyone,i'm new and a bit post shy but i'll share my wonderful location with you.I live in a mountain community in the beautiful Canadian province of British Columbia. It has been very hot this summer, highs of 30-38C,which would be about 90-100F. Not what you would expect in the mountains.The winter monthes actually aren't too bad either,lots of snow though for all the skiers,snoboarders.It is a very spiritual place to live,lots of good energy.I've been told my celtic oracle is The Hills of the Faery's,so maybe thats where the good vibes come from biggrin.gif Thank-you for the nice welcoming e-mail,very thoughtful! *****Lady Anandrea***

--------------------
***Lady Anandrea***
PMEmail Poster               
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted: 07-Sep-2004, 01:46 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

I live in a small town in eastern North Carolina, about halfway between New Bern and Greenville.

This time of year, daytime highs usually average out at about 86 degrees and nightime lows in the low 70s to upper 60s. And, like Brian, we have an almost daily chance of showers and thunderstorms. We always say that the weather people can go on vacation this time of year and leave a recording that says "Hazy, hot, and humid with highs between 83 and 90, lows between 68 and 75, with a 20 to 30% chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms" and never be wrong.

In August and September, all eyes are on the tropics (we're watching Ivan just as closely as the Floridians!).

Winters here are rather mild, daytime highs usually being in the low to mid 50s and lows hovering around freezing. These temps are averages, of course. Last winter, I know we had one day, when it snowed (a rare event here) we had a high of about 26, and a low of about 13.

Except for the fact that we have been getting way too many hurricanes and other tropical cyclones lately (10 in as many years), eastern NC is a wonderful, peaceful place to live.
PMEmail Poster               
ImmortalAvalon 
Posted: 07-Sep-2004, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacAlder

Realm: North Carolina

female

Ooops, hit the wrong color. That's what I get for posting so early in the morning! biggrin.gif This should be more legible:

I live in a small town in eastern North Carolina, about halfway between New Bern and Greenville.

This time of year, daytime highs usually average out at about 86 degrees and nightime lows in the low 70s to upper 60s. And, like Brian, we have an almost daily chance of showers and thunderstorms. We always say that the weather people can go on vacation this time of year and leave a recording that says "Hazy, hot, and humid with highs between 83 and 90, lows between 68 and 75, with a 20 to 30% chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms" and never be wrong.

In August and September, all eyes are on the tropics (we're watching Ivan just as closely as the Floridians!).

Winters here are rather mild, daytime highs usually being in the low to mid 50s and lows hovering around freezing. These temps are averages, of course. Last winter, I know we had one day, when it snowed (a rare event here) we had a high of about 26, and a low of about 13.

Except for the fact that we have been getting way too many hurricanes and other tropical cyclones lately (10 in as many years), eastern NC is a wonderful, peaceful place to live.
PMEmail Poster               
coastman 
Posted: 07-Sep-2004, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Coastal Georgia

male

Coastal Georgia is where I hang my sunglasses. Haven't needed them since Monday. Wind and 91/2 inches of rain since Monday. Shellman Bluff is a tiny fishing community on Sapelo Sound. Population about 100 during the week and about 200 on weekends. It is rural and I like it that way. Carolina Scotsman my family home is in Elon College near Burlington in the Piedmont. Our family has been there over 200 years. My grandfather came to Georgia to save his sister and her husband from loosing their business. Fell in love, married, fathered 13 children and we are the only branch of the family in Georgia.
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 07-Sep-2004, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (Lady Anandrea @ 07-Sep-2004, 01:33 AM)
Hi everyone,i'm new and a bit post shy but i'll share my wonderful location with you.I live in a mountain community in the beautiful Canadian province of British Columbia. It has been very hot this summer, highs of 30-38C,which would be about 90-100F. Not what you would expect in the mountains.The winter monthes actually aren't too bad either,lots of snow though for all the skiers,snoboarders.It is a very spiritual place to live,lots of good energy.I've been told my celtic oracle is The Hills of the Faery's,so maybe thats where the good vibes come from biggrin.gif Thank-you for the nice welcoming e-mail,very thoughtful! *****Lady Anandrea***

Hello Lady Anandrea! And welcome to Celtic Radio! So glad you found us! I think you have found some of the nicest people to be found anywhere on the internet! And the music is wonderful too! smile.gif So jump on in and start posting away!

Come back and visit with us often, okay?

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Madadh 
Posted: 08-Sep-2004, 04:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fort Worth Texas

male

I live in Westminster, Maryland. It is about 35 miles north west of Baltimore. We have cows in the back yard for now, but will be sprouting a new crop of homes soon. I am origionally from Northern New York state close to the Canadian boarder.

Irish Stepper, that makes us neighbors.

Gaberlunzie, from 1975 thru 1978 I was stationed in Kirch Gons how close is that to where you live? The country side was beautiful.

Lady Anandrea, welcome to this small bit of heaven that Mac built. It is a great place to hang out and get over being shy.

--------------------
-----------------------
Céad Mile Fáilte

May God hold you in the hallows of his hands

American First, Irish Always

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
gaberlunzie 
  Posted: 08-Sep-2004, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (Madadh @ 08-Sep-2004, 05:50 AM)
I live in Westminster, Maryland. It is about 35 miles north west of Baltimore. We have cows in the back yard for now, but will be sprouting a new crop of homes soon. I am origionally from Northern New York state close to the Canadian boarder.

Irish Stepper, that makes us neighbors.

Gaberlunzie, from 1975 thru 1978 I was stationed in Kirch Gons how close is that to where you live? The country side was beautiful.

Lady Anandrea, welcome to this small bit of heaven that Mac built. It is a great place to hang out and get over being shy.

Hi Madadh;

Kirch Goens is near Darmstadt and therefore situated in the same county as I'm living in. My town is about 100 - 120 miles west of Darmstadt.
I figure you were stationed near the "Odenwald" which is indeed nice country side!
I'm glad you liked it! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Madadh 
Posted: 08-Sep-2004, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

gaberlunzie,

Kirch Gons is a small town between Frankfurt and Gissen, near the town of Butzbach. It was in the provence of Hessen. It was very lovely country and I enjoyed my time there very much.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 08-Sep-2004, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

biggrin.gif Weeeeell....then it is even much nearer. It's only the mountain range "Taunus" between Butzbach and my town. I'm also living in Hessen and it's on a straight line west of Butzbach....the distance is only 45 miles. smile.gif
Madadh 
Posted: 08-Sep-2004, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

male

gaberlunzie,

That should put you close to Fulda. I spent many a cold night there between 1975 and 1978. That is indeed beautiful country. biggrin.gif
ErikDeckers 
Posted: 08-Sep-2004, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: Orlando, FL

male

I live in Syracuse, Indiana, which is halfway between Fort Wayne and South Bend (home of Notre Dame University). It's about 2.5 hours straight north of Indianapolis.

We have the largest natural lake in the state, which means we get loads of tourists -- called Lakers -- every weekend. Our area, which usually runs about 7500 during the winter, will swell up to 35,000 on major summer holidays like 4th of July and Memorial Day.

I work in Fort Wayne, so I drive about 40 miles each way.

Erik Deckers

--------------------
[color=blue][b]Erik Deckers
Visit my weekly humor blog
Laughing Stalk[COLOR=blue]
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 08-Sep-2004, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

QUOTE (deckers @ 08-Sep-2004, 12:14 PM)
I live in Syracuse, Indiana, which is halfway between Fort Wayne and South Bend (home of Notre Dame University).

that's so cool! I'm from South Bend. I love that city. Notre Dame is my football team even though they stink!!!

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]