Posted: 27-Mar-2008, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: South Spain

female

Oh my God! You can speak Spanish, UlsterScotNutt! laugh.gif
Although it sounds as like Spanish from Southern America... Do you want I correct your message?

"¿Cómo es que no te dije hola hasta hoy? Hola, ¿qué tal? Mucho gusto en conocerte. Espero que te lo pases bien y espero verte en los foros. ¡Este es el único español que he escrito desde hace 30 años! Casi nunca tengo la oportunidad de practicar mi español. Ahora tú tienes que escribir en inglés. ¡Ay, lo olvidé tanto!" -- More or less...

Hello Fred. I have read your profile. You're going to Ireland in May! Congratulations! It's so exciting, isn't it? clap.gif (I only can imagine it... snif)

Thanks for your Spanish welcome!

Slàinte!

--------------------
Only three things renew the world:

A woman's womb,
A cow's udder
And a blacksmith's forge

PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 27-Mar-2008, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hello Aelfeth!

Thank you for your help! Although I doubt I'm the best candidate for the job of English tutor, here goes!

Your sentence:
Yeah, you're right! We're learning so much --I hope you're learning all things as like as I learning from you-- Please, if I make a mistake, tell me it!

What you could say:
Yeah, you're right! We're learning so much - I hope you're learning some things from me as I am learning from you. Please let me know if I make any mistakes!

Your sentence:
El Hombre Pez... I heared this name even! I'll search more information about it.

What you could say:
El Hombre Pez... I heard this name before! I'll search for more information about it.

Your sentence:
Oh, but you're from USA... Have you ever hear something about Andalucía? It's possible not, we are so far...

What you could say:
Oh, but you're from the US... Have you ever heard anything about Andalucia? It's possible that you haven't, since we're so far away.

Anyway, I don't like correcting people's English, especially if they are from foreign countries since I think you're amazing for what you can do! I have a hard enough time speaking English and you can speak and write at least two languages - and probably more! After all, you said that you are philological, and I'm sure that your love of learning goes beyond this.

To answer your question, yes, I have heard of Andalucia and Alhambra, not to mention Seville, one of the grandest cities in Spain and La Giralda is possibly the largest Christian cathedral in the world! You are truly blessed to live so near there, in a beautiful city of your own, Jaén. Who knows, some day we may be fortunate enough to have you as our tour guide! smile.gif

Blessings for now!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Aelfeth 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my God! Oh my God!! I'm shamed... bag.gif

Anyway, thanks for correcting me!
Oh, my English is so bad! What a lot of mistakes! Now I'm afraid to write here tongue.gif Argh...

I'm glad you have heard of Andalucía! Yes, La Giralda is an Arabic minaret located next to the cathedral, and it is the largest Gothic cathedral in Europe! Wow laugh.gif And The Alhambra is wonderful! Surely there are many places in the world which may be more attractive, but I know that people from outside love Andalucía and Spain!

See you soon!

PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

QUOTE (Aelfeth @ 27-Mar-2008, 08:46 PM)

Oh my God! You can speak Spanish, UlsterScotNutt! laugh.gif
Although it sounds as like Spanish from Southern America... Do you want I correct your message?

"¿Cómo es que no te dije hola hasta hoy? Hola, ¿qué tal? Mucho gusto en conocerte. Espero que te lo pases bien y espero verte en los foros. ¡Este es el único español que he escrito desde hace 30 años! Casi nunca tengo la oportunidad de practicar mi español. Ahora tú tienes que escribir en inglés. ¡Ay, lo olvidé tanto!" -- More or less...

Hello Fred. I have read your profile. You're going to Ireland in May! Congratulations! It's so exciting, isn't it? clap.gif (I only can imagine it... snif)

Thanks for your Spanish welcome!

Slàinte!

Gracias, Mis padres son de Chile y mis abuelos vienen de Santiago de Compostela, Espana. Los nombres de mi abuelos son por exemplo Oyanadel, Aguirre, Stay. Yo nace en los Estados Unidos y los adultas hablan en espagnol y los hijos contestan en ingles. Eso es porque yo no hablo y no escribo bien. Yo lo entiendo mejor. En los 70's yo estuve en Espana. Entre su pais en Malaga, de ayi autostop a Sevilla, Cordoba, Jaen, Granada e de ayi en la coasta a Cartegena, Valencia, Barcelona entonce entre Perpignan, Francia. Pase como una mes ayi. Maraveoso!!! Me espagnol es terible. Me abuelo siempre me pegaba en la cabeza y me dijo " gringo". La otra cosa , mis padres sempre dicen que hablan Castellano y no dicen que hablan Espagnol. Ok no more Spanish, my head hurts!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aelfeth 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! What an adventure! ohmy.gif

Don't worry, you can speak me in English --I do not want to hurt your head for that!

So your grandparents were Spanish... I speak Spanish but your grandparents said that they spoke "castellano". Spanish = Castellano? It's a good question.

In Spain, there are several languages and/or dialects: Galician, Basque, Valencian, Catalan... Spanish is a kind of 'mixture' of those dialects plus the Castellano. I means, the Spanish uses some words and/or expressions from those dialects, whereas Castellano is the base for the Spanish language. So speak Spanish is nearly identical to speak Castellano. I'll give you an example:

"Morriña" is a Galician word that means 'homesickness', but is used outside Galicia, and also belongs to the 'general' Spanish. Castellano is the great historical base of Spanish. That's what I think...
My family has Andalusian accent and it is very difficult to understand for foreingners, hahaha laugh.gif

Slàinte!

PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

Aelfeth, Excellent, see you in the forums!!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aelfeth 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Thank you happy.gif
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hello and welcome to CR Aelfeth from Canada.Glad you found us and as I see you have already found good friends.
So sit back and relax,listen to good music and will look forward to your futture posts. cheers.gif LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Aleksandr 
Posted: 29-Mar-2008, 02:44 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

male

Bienvenida Aelfeth!!
Por fin alguien más de España! jejeje clap.gif
Yo soy de Barcelona, de dónde eres tú?

Ya he visto que te interesa practicar el inglés, así que si lo prefieres podemos hablar en ese idioma. No hay problema!!

A ver si coincidimos por el foro!!
Suerte!!!

Bye!
bye1.gif

Aleksandr

--------------------
"Brothers, what we do in life... echoes in eternity."
(Maximus)

Aleksandr
PMEmail Poster               
Aelfeth 
Posted: 29-Mar-2008, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello, Lady of Avalon!

Thank you for your welcome, you're very kind. I'm glad to meeting wonderful people that I find here on the forums. Oh! And I think Canada must be beautiful! thumbs_up.gif

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster               
Aelfeth 
Posted: 29-Mar-2008, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

female

Hola Aleksandr!

Gracias por tu bienvenida. ¡Sí que es agradable encontrarse a un compatriota en estos lares! Jajajaja. Qué pequeño es el mundo tongue.gif

Más arriba mencioné de dónde soy y dónde vivo ahora. Entré en estos foros básicamente por la temática y para practicar de vez en cuando mi inglés, ya que he comenzado a estudiar Filología Inglesa biggrin.gif

¡Ya nos leeremos por ahí!

¡Salud! wink1.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Welcome Aelfeth biggrin.gif Enjoy CR & look forward to chatting with you soon, as I am new too cheers.gif

Slàinte!
PM               
Haggishead 
Posted: 05-Apr-2008, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

Welcome to the world of the Celts, Aelfeth! Enjoy your stay here.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]