Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Keeping Christ In Christmas, What do you do?
haynes9 
Posted: 15-Dec-2005, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hey Folks.

We all have heard a lot of talk from politicians and others about "Christmas" versus "Happy Holidays" and such. What I am wondering is what do you do to keep Christ in Christmas? By that, I mean are there traditions in your home you use to emphasize Jesus or maybe in your church?

Your ideas and family traditions may help others. For pur family, we do all the gift giving and such. Before we open anything, we always read the Christmas story from the Bible.

Let's keep Christ in Christmas! How do you do it? Happy Holidays . . .ooops . . .I mean, Merry Christmas laugh.gif !

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 21-Dec-2005, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

You'd enjoy the sign outside a little car oil change place on nearby Thornton Road - below their store sign there's a changeable sign that says "Happy Birthday Jesus Christ!" laugh.gif
Oh I love that!!
Personally I send lots of Christmas cards that I create myself and they always have scripture in them... we have a nativity or two in our home, and in recent years I've begun to collect ornaments that show the Christ child and his parents & an angel too sometimes. So our tree now has these ornaments on it each year, along with angels and personal ornaments and even some my children made when they were very young. We attend church regularly anyway, so its easy to keep Christ in Christmas when we're hearing sermons about the birth and attending the beautiful choir presentations.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Susan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]