Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

wink.gif Lets all remember these families in our prayers after suffering such a tragic loss.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

I will say a prayer for them. The simple fact that the amish can forgive the man himself for committing that crime shows me really how spiritual they are.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Oct-2006, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Totally agree. They are a hard working, unique people. May the Lord of Light comfort those who are hurting. Might ought also remember the shooter's wife and children. They will have to live with this the rest of their lives.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 07-Oct-2006, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

This has got to be one of the most terrible shootings for many, many years.
While we had Port Arthur, where 35 people were gunned down - the evil of this man to choose five beautiful girls.

Australia has banned handguns and assault rifles, America should follow, it doesn't stop tragedies like this happening, but it sure helps reduce them.

--------------------
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 08-Oct-2006, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 07-Oct-2006, 03:52 PM)
While we had Port Arthur, where 35 people were gunned down - the evil of this man to choose five beautiful girls.

Australia has banned handguns and assault rifles, America should follow, it doesn't stop tragedies like this happening, but it sure helps reduce them.

Tassie. God bless you but here in the US everywhere that they've banned hand guns, crime has increased. We have the 2nd ammendment here and it's our right. Canada is all ready trying to drop long gun registration because it hasn't solved anything. When someone says gun ban. I start to think of one thing. The loss of a right. ALso one name comes to mind. Hitler.
PMEmail Poster                
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 12-Oct-2006, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Tassie. God bless you but here in the US everywhere that they've banned hand guns, crime has increased. We have the 2nd ammendment here and it's our right. Canada is all ready trying to drop long gun registration because it hasn't solved anything. When someone says gun ban. I start to think of one thing. The loss of a right. ALso one name comes to mind. Hitler.

Hi Nova Scotian, yes I am aware of that and am familiar with the passion that some have with the "right to bear arms".
I do sympathise with that view, but as a Christian I have to ask some questions:
Why do i need a gun?
What are guns for? one answer is that some guns are designed only to kill people, do I want to kill people? No, but what about self defense? what does the Bible say about this? where is our faith in the God who is able to protect us?

I know this is easy for me to speak of, I live in a peaceful place (as much as anywhere is), I can walk the streets at night, I don't have to lock my doors when I leave the house.
but do I really need such a gun?

I do have a gun, a rifle, for keeping snakes and possums at bay...but do i want to kill people (for whom Christ died)?

yes guns are a controversial issue, but I hope to be guided by the Lord in this Who told Peter to put away his sword.

On another matter, I must say that Nova Scotia is one place I have never been that I really want to see, we may yet meet biggrin.gif
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

biggrin.gif Tassie. Hi again. Yes. You are right guns are a controversial issue. However, did you know that here in the USA, the two states that have the most liberial gun laws are probably 2 of the most peaceful? Vermont and Alaska. Also, you spoke of God protecting you. You are right he willl but he wont do for you something you can do for yourself. The ability to defend yourself is your God given right. I say this without God I cannot, but without me God will not. thumbs_up.gif Also here in the USA I have looked but have not been able to find one Christian organization that is for the banning of guns. If there are, they are very very few and far between. king.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

Also Tassie. Here a web site that weill explain it more. Self defense is Biblicle.

http://www.lawandliberty.org/defense.htm wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
stoirmeil 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Tassiecelt --
Thank you. There's a lot to be said for what you believe, no matter where you live.

All our thoughts have been with these girls and their families. I had mixed feelings on discovering that they were razing their old schoolhouse to the ground. It's a lot of work for them to replace it, with the old preindustrial methods they like to use. But on the other hand, it is a symbol for them of starting anew, and the forgiveness they wish to extend -- the memories will be much softened over time without the building there. And healthier for their children and community too.

If I were able to be away from New York and my work schedule, I would love to be there to offer my two hands and help them raise their new school, in any way I could be useful.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 18-Oct-2006, 11:39 AM)
Tassiecelt --
Thank you. There's a lot to be said for what you believe, no matter where you live.

All our thoughts have been with these girls and their families. I had mixed feelings on discovering that they were razing their old schoolhouse to the ground. It's a lot of work for them to replace it, with the old preindustrial methods they like to use. But on the other hand, it is a symbol for them of starting anew, and the forgiveness they wish to extend -- the memories will be much softened over time without the building there. And healthier for their children and community too.

If I were able to be away from New York and my work schedule, I would love to be there to offer my two hands and help them raise their new school, in any way I could be useful.

Very well put! May the Lord grant all those dear folks peace and healing. thumbs_up.gif
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 18-Oct-2006, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

If I were closer I'd try to lend a helping hand as well. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 19-Oct-2006, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 07-Oct-2006, 03:52 PM)

biggrin.gif This a reply with love. Please read this quote Tassie.

lets see what Jesus Christ, the original Founding Father of us all, had to say about the right to bear arms! Gun powder had not yet been invented. The weapon of the day was the sword. One of the last instructions he gave his disciples in the Garden was Luke 22: 36. The key admonishment "LET HIM WHO HAS NO SWORD, SELL HIS CLOAK AND BUY ONE.

God bless you! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 23-Oct-2006, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

OK OK lets get back to what this post was for lets just remember in prayer the ones who were lost. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]