LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Since the "suggestion box" is closed I posted my suggestion/question here instead in the hopes that the administrators will read it.

Would someone explain to me why it cost so much food to built a trebuchet (3000 units) and takes that long (28months) to built and the battering rams cost (6300 units) and takes 36months?

For me there is no logic in the fact that one has to pay that much food to built weapons made of wood!!!!!And why it takes so long to built for that matter?

Also the "slavers" that cost 1000units of food...from what I've read, medieval slaves would eat scrapes or leftovers...the way it is now they eat as luxuriously as the knights almost....

Is it possible to have the costs of food and wood units revised so that there would be a better balance between the categories of soldiers?

Because even though I have workers that are being whipped to the bone on their backs on my farms to produce; it doesn't even come close to gold and wood productivities for the same amount of workers. It is very slow in coming.

Just a suggestion.

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Skeleman 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: North Carolina

male

QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 18-Sep-2008, 11:35 AM)
Since the "suggestion box" is closed I posted my suggestion/question here instead in the hopes that the administrators will read it.

Would someone explain to me why it cost so much food to built a trebuchet (3000 units) and takes that long (28months) to built and the battering rams cost (6300 units) and takes 36months?

For me there is no logic in the fact that one has to pay that much food to built weapons made of wood!!!!!And takes so long to built for that matter.

Also the "slavers" that cost 1000units of food...from what I've read, medieval slaves would eat scrapes or leftovers...the way it is now they eat as luxuriously as the knights....

Is it be possible to revise the amounts of units of food and wood so that there would be a better balance between the categories of soldiers?

Because even though I have workers that are being whipped to the bone on their backs on my farms to produce; it doesn't even come close to gold and wood productivities for the same amount of workers. It is very slow in coming.

Just a suggestion.

LOA

While trebuchets and battering rams are made out of wood they're not going to build themselves. They would require people to build them and those people would need to eat. At least that's the way I look at the food cost for those two things. But I do agree that they take a little too long to make.

As for the slavers, I think you've just misread it. It's slavers with an "R" not slaves. A slaver is a person who deals in the trafficking of slaves.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C. S. Lewis

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide a safe testing environment. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it." - GlaDOS - Portal
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Thank you skeleman,
I didn't see for one minute the "R" yes you are right about it for slaveRs are surely not slaves but still they eat too much for my taste.

As for the trebuchets and battering rams I know that they don't autobuilt themselves they are built by people but again I think it too much in the cost of food for it in comparison of the income of food from farms.

I just think that the amounts spent of food units should be revised for it to be fair compared to harvesting it.

LOA
Harlot 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Maybe it doesn't rain much in the kingdoms, so Dogshirt could you PLEASE do us a rain dance thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 02:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Yes!!!How about that eh! a rain dance to get the darn veggies to grow faster.... thumbs_up.gif

LOA tongue.gif
subhuman 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

Unlike other units, where for example 1 archer is 1 person, each catapult and trebuchet is manned by a team of people. This explains the food.
As for the long training time, long-range siege weapons are arguably the most training-intense units on the battlefield. Until the last few decades, it would take several (or many) range-finding shots to "zero in" relatively modern artillery pieces. That's with uniform ammunition, something that didn't exist in medieval warfare.

To give you an idea of how difficult this is, here's a modern-day equivalent: Punkin' Chunkin'.
Even with modern-day precision machining of parts, it's extremely difficult to get anywhere even remotely close to your target.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 18-Sep-2008, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (subhuman @ 18-Sep-2008, 06:39 PM)
To give you an idea of how difficult this is, here's a modern-day equivalent:

I have seen them on TV and one lady at the end of the program said it all" Little boys and their TOYS" lol.gif
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 11-Oct-2008, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Does anyone have their battering rams named? In the story Lord of the Rings a battering ram named Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld was used in the breaking of the great gate of Minas Tirith!
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                View My Space Profile.
djam1023 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Pacific Northwest -- but out in the Desert Sun

male

I suppose I could search the help, but at what level are the battering rams and trebuchets available as options for building and use?

tank.gif Royal06.gif

--------------------
Slŕinte, sonas agus beartas!
DJAM
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

female

You can find them in the training part. When you go out to attack send them out with your army,they are not much use keeping any at home. Boy can they do some damage! So the more you have the better.
olorin 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
167,529 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 11-Oct-2008, 10:48 PM)
Does anyone have their battering rams named? In the story Lord of the Rings a battering ram named Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld was used in the breaking of the great gate of Minas Tirith!

I have way too many to name, lol. Perhaps name each "group" of them in your armies? You could do up to 4 names that way.

Funny you should mention Lord of the rings though. One of my names, (and my Heraldic name here) is Gandalf. I try to use little bits of Middle Earth here to give my character a little sense of "realism". Like my Homelands, the gardens of Irmo. This is where Gandalf "supposedly" came from. There is obviously much more behind his origins and his character, but this fits my actual personality perfectly. cool.gif

So here I am, in my homeland. I must research now and find proper names for my battering rams. Perhaps I should get an entire theme going, that would be alot of work though *sigh*.

--------------------
Slŕinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
olorin 
Posted: 13-Oct-2008, 11:28 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
167,529 Gold!

Well after some reasearching I haven't came up with any battering ram names yet, but am now inspired to change my kingdom and army general names to names more approiate to the theme I'm working towards. What can I say, I'm a work in progress wink.gif
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
subhuman 
Posted: 14-Oct-2008, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

but am now inspired to change my kingdom and army general names to names more approiate to the theme I'm working towards

Will renaming your generals be seen as changing leaders, thus causing you to lose any offensive or defensive bonuses?
PMEmail Poster               
McRoach 
  Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
1,202,345 Gold!

Can anyone tell me whether a trebuchet can take out enemy troops or are they just for enemy towers? In the third Lord of the Rings movie "The Return of the King" you see them used defensively to take out rows upon rows of infantry units in the battle for Minas Tirith. Do they serve any sort of similar purpose for defense or offense in this game?

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
olorin 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
167,529 Gold!

QUOTE (subhuman @ 14-Oct-2008, 09:54 AM)
Will renaming your generals be seen as changing leaders, thus causing you to lose any offensive or defensive bonuses?

That is unfortunatly correct Subhuman. It wasn't a major loss for myself since I only had one general with any points, but it's not somthing I would recommend for a long time player. That's why I did it now rather than having to live with the silly names I had come up with at first. cool.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]