Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Gosh Wiz I just don't even know where to begin

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 20-Dec-2005, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

!@#$%^&*()_(*Y#%%@#%&^%#%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEW YORK TRANSIT STRIKE! censored.gif furious.gif
ranting.gif ranting.gif ranting.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 20-Dec-2005, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone...sorry it has taken me a couple of days to catch up
I have been busy with the Christmas thing.. Its hard to believe its almost here..

I would also like to say I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Gordon Duncan. Here is a site if anyone is interested in knowing a little bit about him and some tributes are here also.. So sad.
Gordon Duncan

Hi Perkeo, I live in the Western U.S I bet you have heard of Yellowstone? I am not too far from there..you may come visit anytime..
I like cold weather but not when my hands turn blue. Hope all is going well for you at this Holiday Season- I wish you the best..

Valpal, Happy Holidays to you and yours.. Your Paw Prints are so cool..way to go..glad you posted the picture of them.
Happy Holidays

Gwenlee- Oh no! Get well. So sorry you haven't felt well. I am glad you went to the doctor.. That pneumonia is nothing to mess with at all..A wedding to think about also-you need to get well quick..
Hope your hunny got your daughters car running..
I am trying to keep warm- type, type, type (ha) lol
Let us know how your feeling...
Happy Holidays to you and yours..

Hi Mike! Happy Holidays to you and yours...Hows that car doing?

Hi Annabelle- Its good to see ya... Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Hi Wizard- hope things are going well for you.. Any snow yet? I need a cup of hot chocolate.. Your name should be on the can as I think of you everytime I make a cup...
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hi Emerald-eyewanderer- Happy Holidays

Oh NO- Stoirmeil!!! I heard that on the radio this morning.. Are you stuck somewhere? I sure hope not..
Happy Holidays to you and yours-its good to see you...even if you are upset.. I don't blame you..

Well have a good evening

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Dec-2005, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!!!

I just got done wrapping most of my presents. The doll I'm giving my two-year-old niece is going into a gift bag. I'm not feeling that ambitious.

I hope my sister doesn't comment on my wrapping again this year. I'm ok when it comes to small stuff like CDs, DVDs and books. When we were younger, she was known to re-wrap presents she deemed to be wrapped wrong. She doesn't realize that it's what on the inside that counts.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 24-Dec-2005, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Here it is Christmas Eve and I'm blue as can be... we thought we had a buyer for our house and would be able to sell after the first of the year, but last night they called and backed out on us. I had been so happy to think I wouldn't have to keep the house constantly in order, waiting for the callers who say "I want to show your house in an hour!" I am embarassed to admit how stressful its been for me, trying to be hopeful but being disappointed over & over again - and its hard to resist getting upset when somebody says they're not interested because 'the back yard won't do' or 'the floor squeaks'.

Now tonight we're going to have to go to my husband's familys Christmas Eve dinner and endure the presence of the nastiest brother-in-law known to mankind... and thanks to him and his wife, there will be not a single present exchanged because they decided they didn't want to draw names any more. And guess who is the richest of all of us??? Yep - them! For years its just been the children's names that were drawn from a hat for the gift exchange, but now they don't want to do even that. I guess they figure it'll cut too far into the money they plan to spend on their second home in Florida or the yacht they have docked down there.

Crap.

Blue Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 24-Dec-2005, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I feel so much better. I still have a nagging cough which comes in the evenings and I get tired easily but I am much much better. Thank you everyone for your well wishes.

I got out yesterday and today and did a little shopping. My daughter Laura and I have spent the afternoon baking. We made pumpkin pie, oatmeal scotchies, and spritz cookies, and a cake. Tomorrow I'm cooking a turkey, dressing and all of the fixins.

SB try to relax about the house. Believe me I know what you are going through. But I heard the market in our area is a little soft. Our house took almost 6 months to sell. I will keep you in my prayers.

Rindy you live in the most beautiful part of our country. I love the west, and the mountains. For many years I had thought about working with the Indian Health Service and often thought of Montana, or Wyoming.

I hope everyone is in good health. I wish everyone a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
newyear.gif . Remember the reason for the season the birth of Yeshua (Jesus)!!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 24-Dec-2005, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hey all!

Today was quite busy for me. First, I made an eggnog pie for tomorrow. I hope it turned out good. It was a good thing that there were two pie crusts in the bag because I burned the first one tongue.gif . Then, after a brief respite, I cleaned my apartment. I needed to. It was quite messy. Took out the trash, washed the dishes, wiped the bathtub, vacuumed, and mopped the floor. When I was done, my apartment smelled pine fresh biggrin.gif .

Then, it was time to get dressed up in nice clothes (collared shirt, tie, nice khakis, sport coat and some really uncomfortable imitation black patent leather dress shoes) for dinner at a nice restaurant with my folks and a friend of my parents and her stepdaughter Vani. We all had water creatures for dinner. Vani and I both had the roast duck (which was very good-it was the first time I've ever had duck), my dad had some lobster dish, my mom had the orange roughy and Vani's stepmom had salmon.

I'm keeping my dress clothes on because my day ain't over yet. I'm going to midnight Mass over at my church. This'll also be the first time I've ever gone to midnight Mass.
gwenlee 
Posted: 25-Dec-2005, 05:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

It is early Christmas morning and I've been up since 5 AM. I'm making a big breakfast for the family. Hashbrowns, sweet rolls, and egg casserole. After breakfast we will clean up and start the Christmas dinner.

Mike do you have the recipe for that eggnog pie posted? I'd like to try it.

Everyone be safe and have a blessed day.

gwenlee
MDF3530 
  Posted: 25-Dec-2005, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 25-Dec-2005, 05:28 AM)
It is early Christmas morning and I've been up since 5 AM. I'm making a big breakfast for the family. Hashbrowns, sweet rolls, and egg casserole. After breakfast we will clean up and start the Christmas dinner.

Mike do you have the recipe for that eggnog pie posted? I'd like to try it.

Everyone be safe and have a blessed day.

gwenlee
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Dec-2005, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Merry Christmas to y'all! Sorry I have been away for so long. As most of you know, my computer crashed and slowly but surely as time has allowed I have been working on that. All seems to be well now, but I am still paranoid!

Christmas has been very well. Christmas eve with loads of family and today have 6-8 family members coming to my house so I am cooking for them.

We are probably the warmest place in the country for Christmas right now! It is unbelievable! I have on capri pants and flip flops! LOL

SB! I am so sorry to hear about the disappointment in the sale of your home. Believe me, the right buyer will come along!

Sorry to hear those of you who have been sick. My sis was to come out to spend Christmas with us and she got pneumonia. My hubby is sick with a cold and so tis the season to be sick and for some of us cranky who deal with chronic pain every day.

Anyway, I wish y'all a very healthy, happy, safe Christmas with all your loved ones and a very blessed new year!
Dreamer1 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone!

'Tis the day after Christmas, and our house is at rest. All the presents are piled 'neath the Tree (in some semblance of order!), loose bows, ribbon, and wrap scraps are confined to shipping boxes from family afar, the tables are laden with goodies galore, the dog's spread her new toys into every room, new electronics have been tried-tested-approved, loud toys have been silenced for now, and we are all now enjoying our computers in perfect peace and harmony. laugh.gif Phew!! Somehow everything got accomplished again this year, though I'm never sure how. It's just a Christmas mystery!

I want you all to know that I've thought of all of you soooo much these last two weeks, as we've all been running around crazily, and hoped you were well and safe, and happily surrounded by your families and friends. I am very thankful to be part of this family! I wish you all wonderful Holidays!! Enjoy being with those you cherish, and be Blessed in the coming New Year!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hey everyone!

OK, 'fess up. What did Santa bring you for Christmas?

I got:
White Sox World Series documentary DVD
A George Foreman grill
Toaster
Coffeemaker
A book (can't recall what)
Electric razor
A shirt
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone.. My Christmas was great.. One of the best gifts I got was a autobiography from my brother..Its wonderful, not complete but close.. The rest was money and I must say money is good..What did all of you get? My football team the Broncos played on Christmas Eve day and won, so that made my day..

SB, so sorry to hear about the people backing out.. It would drive me crazy trying to keep the house up like that. I hope your feeling better about things now.. I hope you have a wonderful New Year..

Gwenlee, I am glad you are feeling better. Thank you for the compliments on my state sometimes I think I take it for granted..
Do you work in Indian Health now? Forgive me if you have told me, my memory is always for getting...lol
You have a wonderful Holiday Season

CR-always good to see you...

Mike- sounds like you had a good Christmas..Busy man I will say..I have never heard of egg nog pie..interesting
Happy New Years to you and yours.

You guys and your cooking is making me hungry..

Dreamer I hope you had a great Christmas and I want to wish you a very Happy New Year–

Everyone keep healthy during this holiday season

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Dreamer! So great to hear from you and know what is going on. I must admit it is nice to have the quiet in our house now.

gift-wise? Well we didn't have a whole lot of money this year so we just got small gifts for each other. We both got each other some personal items that we needed. However, hubby has his train hobby and got several trains. I have my 18thc reenactment hobby that I had to spend money on...Christmas gift giving was wierd for us this year. I did get a book trilogy that I am really excited about. Got some CDs too.

Eating my ham dinner now and probably will go to bed after this. I am exhausted from all the holiday dos's!

Take care and speak to y'all soon.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 27-Dec-2005, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey y'all!

FINALLY my house is quiet - hubby went back to work after a week-long holiday, daughter is still out of school but went to work at 3. So its just me and the cats, packing up the Christmas decorations... you know, that can be a challenge when every time you reach to put something in a box, there's a cute little marmalade tabby cat face looking at you from the depths of the packing materials. biggrin.gif

Our gift-giving was very subdued this year; money is tight and with the unexpected expenses of trying to buy a house, Reid and I decided we'd let our gift to each other be the $200 spent having the house inspected.

I did receive some very special gifts, though; my parents gave me a gold band with three emeralds (they know emeralds remind me of the English and Irish hillsides!) and some silverware so I'd have enough to serve our expanding family when they all come for a meal... daughter gave me a book by my newest favorite author Jan Karon... son & d-in-law gave me two movie tickets, and a 'herbal comfort pack' you can heat in the microwave and lay gently on your tense aching neck (appropriate for me since I've been constantly tense about selling our house!)
And the most unusual gift was from a dear friend: a GuitarMania model of a Fender Stratocaster called "Jungle Jam" painted with the most delightful jungle animals! I've been collecting guitar memoribilia for years and this is going to be one of the highlights of the collection.

Take a look at this link and you'll see what GuitarMania is. When I was in Arizona I actually saw the ones called Stratocactus and Desert Rhythms...

GuitarMania in Arizona

This post has been edited by Siobhan Blues on 27-Dec-2005, 02:01 PM
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]