flora 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

It surprised me that no one has broached the subject of the oil spill. Is it not that important to everyone? Is it just another disaster that we will endure?

I have tried to be patient about the whole situation but I become more frustrated with each day more oil is pumped into the ocean. Do you feel that BP is doing enough? With all the technology that we are suppose to have is a 4 inch pipe catching not even half of the oil the best we can expect?

Did I not hear that with all the technology that we have nuclear plants will be safer? Yeah, right.

I know BP is pumping out money to those that are affected and has promised millions to Florida for tourist advertisement but don't you think that is closing the barn door after the horses have gotten out?

Is it such a novel idea that other oil companies would share their ideas and technology (i.e. back plans) with BP instead of watching with glee the money the company is losing?

I heard today that the Coast guard has spotted tar balls in the Keys already. Next month is June and the beginning of hurricane season. I have read of a possibility of a tropical depression at the least.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Ohh, wouldn't you know it that after I started this I found a discussion in the Political forum. My apologies. I wonder if we could leave it here though? I don't necessarily see it as a political topic. Maybe it would encourage those who do not post in the political forum to share their thoughts?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 18-May-2010, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Since the person that is in charge of the govt agency that inspects these wells has just announced his resignation, I suspect it could appear either place.

However, This appears to be a massive assortment of errors and no one has any real idea of the amount of oil that now contaminates the gulf. I read today that the oil is about to enter the current that moves through the gulf and since oil has been found on the Keys, it may have done so already. They should be able to test that oil against the oil on the surface to know for sure.

A tropical storm or a hurricane will be a catastrophe.

I did not understand why the pipe was not collapsed with one or more explosive charges but it was released yesterday that BP was trying to "save" the well and recoup their cost. That could have been done in a week and was not. It could turn out to be at the expense of the gulf and it's marine life. Also in the last several days it has been announced that in excess of 20 waivers have been granted to others operating in the gulf since this spill.

I would hope that efforts are being made to capture and confine marine life that is endangered.

I heard on the radio today that approximately 40% of the gulf's marine life are now impacted and dolphins, turtles and the commercial/sport fish are being found dead. Unfortunately precise numbers are hard to pin down.

I do not believe that BP can or intends to make whole those who will be damaged by this spill.

Unfortunately, I doubt that any information that has reached the public is accurate, thus it is impossible to hold any real discussion on the subject. When the beaches are black with oil and awash with dead marine life, only then will we know the true reach of this spill.

It would have been easier to stop than it will be to clean it up!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 20-May-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

It appears according to this morning's news that the oil is now in the gulf currents and will be deposited on beaches around the gulf.

So much for the tourist industry and probably now both sport and commercial fishing.

This will also increase the loss of wild life!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 20-May-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

According to the video media today, BP has now admitted that considerably more oil than was first reported has been dumping into the gulf. Also, it seems that the many millions of gallons of dispersant is as harmful, if not more so, than the actual oil.

This is likely to destroy all income generated in the gulf.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]