Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mending Fences?, We need a bigger fence.
Bookmark and Share
oldraven 
Posted: 07-Dec-2004, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

http://www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?bo...51208&f_id=1211

Could one of you please do me a favour and beat the living pooh out of these two mother **TOS VIOLATION**ing ass wipes?

Do you seriously want ignorant, arogant, arses like that speaking in public? Much less national television.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Keltic 
Posted: 07-Dec-2004, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

male

Two???? I think that you forgot to include Caroline Parrish. The ignorance exists on both sides of the border. However, I take more offence to ignorant statements coming from a politician than I do to ignorant statements coming from media. We have to remember that the media is first and foremost about selling their product whether it's by sensationalism or by creating controversy. Their next priority, coming in as a distant second, is presenting the news. Carlson and Coulter are doing exactly what Michael Moore does but from the other end of the political spectrum. Controversy sells...facts don't!! Their all ignorant in my book!!

--------------------
oldraven 
Posted: 08-Dec-2004, 12:39 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Agreed. But the difference is, she's insulting one man, while those two insult an entire nation.

Stuff like this can erase decades of peace and cooperation. Honestly, you'll see a lot more Americans stepping on Bush dolls than you'll see Canadians spewing ignorance at that level about US citizens. Educated people just shouldn't be alowed to speak such lies, (and yeah, there are a lot of lies in there). What good can come of that? No good comes from stepping on a Bush doll, and remember, she got fired for that. These two imbiciles will continue to feed this crap to the impressionable public, and differences that no one can mend will come about.

For one, no educated Canadian journalist would ever think of saying anything remotely close to that. And if it ever got to that, they would be fired on the spot and the piece would never make it to air.

I've heard the response from Americans on other sites to this, (not my threads), and disapointingly, but not surprising, the majority supported the crap these two were saying.

These two people honestly don't have a clue what's really going on outside of their own minds. I'm sure Walter Cronkite, the most well spoken of American journalist, would have a few things to say about this sad excuse for news reporting and political debate. You can be sure Nolton Nash would be mortified.

We need a military NOW! I'm tired of people like this acting superior to me over the number of guns they THINK we need to protect us from enemies we never made.
maisky 
Posted: 08-Dec-2004, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Good response, Oldraven!! The US and Canada have been friends and allies for centuries. Canada is in NO need of protection by the US. Bush Imperialism is an embarrassment for the entire nation. These "conservative" idiots obviously don't have a brain to engage.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
birddog20002001 
Posted: 08-Dec-2004, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

No Dude, It's the Isle of Dude, Dude.
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

That was crazy man, that is why I am jumping ship here.

And talking about the Canadian military I think last year they got the world record distance sniper shot in Afghanistan, Your guys did a lot of good work there.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 08-Dec-2004, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario Canada

male

QUOTE (birddog20002001 @ 08-Dec-2004, 04:14 PM)
And talking about the Canadian military I think last year they got the world record distance sniper shot in Afghanistan, Your guys did a lot of good work there.

Our snipers have to be good because due to cutbacks in our military, they only get one bullet each.

OR,

In 2002, Parrish stated, "Damned Americans!!! I hate those bastards!!". She then restated it a couple of weeks later on the Mike Bullard show. This was an attack not directed to one person.

No good comes from stepping on a Bush doll, and remember, she got fired for that.

Parrish didn't get fired for stepping on the Bush doll. She got fired for her attitude towards her party.

From a CBC article...

Parrish followed that stunt (stepping on the Bush doll) with an interview with the Canadian Press Wednesday, in which the former school teacher said she had no regrets over her behaviour and wouldn't be silenced by Martin.

"Every time he gets up and reprimands me, be it ever so gentle, it just feeds it and he looks like he can't control me, which he can't," she said.

Parrish said she had "absolutely no loyalty to this team. None."

"After what they've put me through and lots of my colleagues, they can all go to hell."

She added of Martin: "If he loses the next election and he has to resign, I wouldn't shed a tear over it."

Parrish was kicked out of caucus soon after this statement.

Anyways, there is no law against ignorance (and there shouldn't be) and no matter how vile the crap that the Coulters, the Carlsons or the Parrishs of the world spew, the true idiots are those who embrace their words. As much as they offend my good sense, I will not agree to take away their right to say it because once they are censored, who is next?

maisky 
Posted: 09-Dec-2004, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacVine

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Good answer, Sir Keltic! Our civil rights are eroding too fast already. thumbs_up.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt