Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

The following excerpts are actual answers given on history tests and in Sunday school quizzes by children between 5th and 6th grade ages in Ohio. They were collected over a period of three years by two teachers. Read carefully for grammar, misplaced modifiers, and of course, spelling! Kids should rule the world, as it would be a laugh a minute for us adults and therefore no time to war or argue.

Ancient Egypt was old. It was inhabited by gypsies and mummies who all wrote in hydraulics. They lived in the Sarah Dessert. The climate Of the Sarah is such that all the inhabitants have to live elsewhere.

Moses led the Hebrew slaves to the Red Sea where they made unleavened bread, which is bread made without any ingredients. Moses went up on Mount Cyanide to get the ten commandos. He died before he ever reached Canada but the commandos made it .

Solomon had three hundred wives and seven hundred porcupines. He was an actual hysterical figure as well as being in the bible. It sounds like he was sort of busy too.

The Greeks were a highly sculptured people, and without them we wouldn't have history. The Greeks also had myths. A myth is a young female moth.

Socrates was a famous old Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. He later died from an overdose of wedlock which is apparently poisonous. After his death, his career suffered a dramatic decline.

In the first Olympic games, Greeks ran races, jumped, hurled biscuits, and threw the java. The games were messier then than they show on TV now.

Julius Caesar extinguished himself on the battlefields of Gaul. The Ides of March murdered him because they thought he was going to be made king. Dying, he gasped out "Same to you, Brutus."

Joan of Arc was burnt to a steak and was canonized by Bernard Shaw for reasons I don't really understand. The English and French still have problems.

Queen Elizabeth was the "Virgin Queen," As a queen she was a success. When she exposed herself before her troops they all shouted "hurrah!" and that was the end of the fighting for a long while.

It was an age of great inventions and discoveries. Gutenberg invented removable type and the Bible. Another important invention was the circulation of blood.
Sir Walter Raleigh is a historical figure because he invented cigarettes and started smoking.

Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100 foot clipper which was very dangerous to all his men.

The greatest writer of the Renaissance was William Shakespeare. He was born in the year 1564, supposedly on his birthday. He never made much money and is famous only because of his plays. He wrote tragedies, comedies, and hysterectomies, all in Islamic pentameter.

Writing at the same time as Shakespeare was Miguel Cervantes. He wrote Donkey Hote. The next great author was John Milton. Milton wrote Paradise Lost. Since then no one ever found it.

Delegates from the original 13 states formed the Contented Congress. Thomas Jefferson, a Virgin, and Benjamin Franklin were two singers of the Declaration of Independence. Franklin discovered electricity by rubbing two cats backward and also declared, "A horse divided against itself cannot stand." He was a naturalist for sure. Franklin died in 1790 and is still dead.

Abraham Lincoln became America's greatest Precedent. Lincoln's Mother died in infancy, and he was born in a log cabin which he built with his own hands. Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves by signing the Emasculation Proclamation.

On the night of April 14, 1865, Lincoln went to the theater and got shot in his seat by one of the actors in a moving picture show. They believe the assinator was John Wilkes Booth, a supposingly insane actor. This ruined Booth's career.

Johann Bach wrote a great many musical compositions and had a large number of children. In between he practiced on an old spinster which he kept up in his attic. Bach died from 1750 to the present. Bach was the most famous composer in the world and so was Handel. Handel was half German, half Italian, and half English. He was very large.

Bethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf that he wrote loud music and became the father of rock and roll. He took long walks in the forest even when everyone was calling for him. Beethoven expired in 1827 and later died for this.

The nineteenth century was a time of a great many thoughts and inventions. People stopped reproducing by hand and started reproducing by machine. The invention of the steamboat caused a network of rivers to spring up. Cyrus McCormick invented the McCormick raper, which did the work of a hundred men.

Louis Pasteur discovered a cure for rabbits but I don't know why.

Charles Darwin was a naturalist. He wrote the Organ of the Species. It was very long people got upset about it and had trials to see if it was really true. He sort of said God's days were not just 24 hours but without watches who knew anyhow? I don't get it.

Madman Curie discovered radio. She was the first woman to do what she did. Other women have become scientists since her but they didn't get to find radios because they were already taken.

Karl Marx was one of the Marx Brothers. The other three were in the movies. Karl made speeches and started revolutions. Someone in the family had to have a job, I guess.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

wow...that's all I can say is wow...

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I still can't decide whether I should laugh or better cry... unsure.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
catlynelizabeth 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Boston

female

I got that as an email earlier this year and all I could do was laugh. Some of the answers are just so absurd that you just have to.

--------------------
To watch us irish dance is to hear our hearts speak!
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
Douglas Adams
A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
Eleanor Roosevelt
PMEmail Poster               
greenldydragon 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 02:23 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHazel

female

tongue.gif WOW!! They know their history! angel_not.gif Maybe they should teach the teachers instead.... Then again...... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
DRAGON BLESSING

May dragons bring you wealth
and guard your treasures
May they banish darkness and enlighten you
May female dragons grant you inner power
May the Dragon Queen
neutralize your enemies
May Dragon Spirits
give you power over Elementals
May weather dragons
bring rain at your request
May Ti'amat effect the changes you command
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
May Ishtar grant you Dragon Power
PMEmail Poster               
bubba 
Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

Welcome to the future.

--------------------
[SIZE=7]Curtesie is cumbersom to them that kens it not.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Dec-2004, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

No child left behind, indeed....

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
freekenny 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
~ Wow! If this is indeed true, I'm with gaberlunzie....I don't know if I should laugh or cry! lol.gif crybaby.gif Sad and scary...well one things for certain, one out of that bunch will surely be our President one day! lol.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,481 Gold!

I had a history teacher in High School (in the Dark Ages), who would have wondered what was so strange about those answers. He was one of the coaches, but in those days (at that school) they didn't have a "coaching position", so all the coaches taught "something". Used to go home and keep my parents laughing with what else Mr. _____ had said.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
bigjimhainey 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: South Mississippi

male

laugh.gif no wait ... cry.gif oh no the Emasculation proclamation.
but hey at least they knew that beethoven was the father of rock and roll band.gif punk.gif
but in the end i think that one of these guys will be president and then we will all be boff.gif

(ok i just felt like playing with smilies today)

--------------------
ERIN GO BRAGH

Beware the Celtic Storm

Big Jim Hainey
birddog20002001 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

I actually feel comforted in the knowledge that I was that dumb when I was 10-11 and I was actually stupid at 16-24 but now that I am almost thirty I'm getting a bit smarter. If you want to be afraid look at Jay Leno interview people on the streets or watch street smarts THAT will scare you eek.gif

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Hey, I am from Ohio and what is wrong with those answers? unsure.gif

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

At least they have the Basics of the Names. wink.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
freekenny 
Posted: 15-Dec-2004, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 15-Dec-2004, 07:18 AM)
I had a history teacher in High School (in the Dark Ages), who would have wondered what was so strange about those answers. He was one of the coaches, but in those days (at that school) they didn't have a "coaching position", so all the coaches taught "something". Used to go home and keep my parents laughing with what else Mr. _____ had said.

O'siyo,
~~ Yeppers can relate! lol.gif The greatest part of it all for one school I attended..coaches 'taught' something indeed...our football coaches taught Drivers Ed..they used to load us up in the car and once we were on the road, they would pull out their newspaper and drink their coffee! lol.gif That brought back a few memories!! wine.gif And the coaches in the classroom 'teaching' us about proper driving skills..too funny! It was all great!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-Dec-2004, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

As long as we're reminiscing about our school days, did any of you have PE teachers who wished they were still in the Marines? All of mine did.
freekenny 
Posted: 16-Dec-2004, 12:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 16-Dec-2004, 01:09 AM)
As long as we're reminiscing about our school days, did any of you have PE teachers who wished they were still in the Marines? All of mine did.

O'siyo,
~ Whew....can't type a response cause I'm laughing too hard! lol.gif Can I ever relate to that!! lol.gif Too funny!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]