> Wrong Song Is Playing
Meek
Posted: 02-Jul-2003, 05:01 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Hello. This is my first visit and I already love this site!
The problem is I requested a song but the wrong artist is playing it.
I requested "Be Thou My Vision" by Eden's Bridge, that song played but it was NOT Eden's Bridge, although the album info displayed was correct. The Eden's Bridge version has lyrics for one thing, and is much, much nicer than the version that was played. The version played was a subdued piano/cello sort of piece, nice, but very wrong. I love Eden's Bridge and was happy to find them listed, but would hate for folks to get the wrong impression due to the bland music substitution. smile.gif

I hope this is helpful.
Thanks!

Meek
Posted: 02-Jul-2003, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Oh man, this is crazy. Another song I requested is playing now, again it's the right "tune" but the wrong artist! I requested "The Lakes of Pontchartrain" by Deanta, my favorite pure Celtic group, that song is playing but it is clearly another artist, not the pure, sweet voice of Mary Dillon. The album info displayed is correct but again the song itself has been subtituted by one by another artist (a male/female duet no less).

Please believe me I know what I'm talking about here, I know the artists and I'm closely following the playlist, which is to say I'm not just confused. smile.gif

There is a mixup in your files.

Naturally I request my two favorite groups on my first enthusiastic visit, but then I find substitutions. I'm traumatized. wink.gif

I'm quite serious though, I hope you'll look into the problem. I imagine popular songs covered by various artists could easy get mixed up by title.

CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Jul-2003, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,853 Gold!

Hi Meek! First off, welcome to the forum! I am sorry that you ran into this issue and we are going to fix this issue today. To explain, when we first started this site a few years back we were not very good at figuring song tags out. Over the past few years we have fixed a number of songs that somehow got mixed up. Our listeners have been very thoughtful about letting us know of incorrect song tags and through their efforts the majority of these problem songs have been cleared up. I think you will find most of our song database is in good order and that possible 20-30 songs (estimate) are still not in snyc. We now have a good procedure in place to get all of the song tag information entered correctly now and for 18 months it has been working flawlessly. We even have a brand new scanner to get those album covers in there!

So, even though you had a bad experience initially I can assure you that is not the norm and hope that you can join our little community and help us make this site the best one of it?s kind.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Meek
Posted: 03-Jul-2003, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

Thank you Macfive! I really appreciate the welcome, info and assurances.

I'm now on my second visit to the site and I can see I'm going to have to try to make a habit of coming here, and the forum too when possible. I certainly appreciate what's being offered here, many thanks! So far everything looks nice, works well and even feels good.

Now, having just re-read my previous postings I'd like to clarify my final statements, for the record. When I said I was traumatized I was joking of course, but then I said I was serious, which was in relation to me not trying to pull anyone's leg regarding the songs being mixed up. rolleyes.gif

Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 03-Jul-2003, 01:49 AM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

Hey Meek... welcome to the forum! It's GREAT to have yet another in here!
smile.gif
By the way, you'll find that everytime you request The Hooligans, the music and timing comes up perfectly! (Shameless Plug)

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 03-Jul-2003, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ Jul 2 2003, 04:21 AM)
I think you will find most of our song database is in good order and that possible 20-30 songs (estimate) are still not in snyc.

Paul,

One other for correction:

"Altan - The Unicorn" is actually by the Irish Rovers. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Jul-2003, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,853 Gold!

QUOTE (stevenpd @ Jul 3 2003, 02:57 PM)
I think you will find most of our song database is in good order and that possible 20-30 songs (estimate) are still not in snyc.

Paul,

Thanks so much! Perhaps we can keep this thread going to indentify these incorrect songs. I'm going to fix these songs tonight.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 04-Jul-2003, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ Jul 3 2003, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (stevenpd @ Jul 3 2003, 02:57 PM)

Paul,

Thanks so much! Perhaps we can keep this thread going to indentify these incorrect songs. I'm going to fix these songs tonight.

Your welcome Paul! I've been a listener for awhile, since August 2001, and you've developed a great site despite the the gremilins along the way. Keep up the excellent work! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 07-Jul-2003, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,853 Gold!

Ok, I fixed these songs tonight. Since I am pretty much unable to spend a great deal of time tracking down the artists of these songs; I have put them in a general "celtic music" category.

Speaking of gremlins, we had another one show up tonight!

While trying to get the remaining album covers into the database, I noticed that about 889 songs have never been played. I said "Uh!" How can that be!

Well, it is true. I am not sure if this is a bug in the broadcast software or what.

So I made a few changes to the broadcast line up logic. Actually, this closely resembles how we use to play songs from last year - which is a good thing because it follows a set pattern of type of songs. So, expect to hear alot of music that really has not been played since early in the year and in 2002.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]