> What Movies Have You Seen Recently?, Old and new
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticWish @ Jan 11 2004, 02:34 PM)
Hi Siusaidh Blues! Long time, no talk! How have you been?
I watched Bad Boys 2 a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!!!! The first one is one of my favorite movies. Now I have added the second one to my ongoing favorites list. laugh.gif They language was awful, but, my kids were asleep so I didn't have to worry about that. biggrin.gif

clap.gif
Hey, there you are!! CelticRose told me you were around here - what a pleasant surprise to have you join us my dear.

I've been up to no good a'tall, lemme tell ya. Spendin' lots of time on the Net here, working on my web page, doing laundry, working on the web page some more, cleaning out the cat litter pan (that kitten thinks every time I scoop out some poop, its time to make another deposit - grrrr), and not spending near enough time in the studio!

How bout choo?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I just watched the live-action "Scooby-Doo", with Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar dribble.gif . Matthew Liddiard, who played Shaggy, sounded just like Kasey Kasem on the old cartoon.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticWish 
Posted: 14-Jan-2004, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Siusaidh Blues @ Jan 13 2004, 01:49 PM)
My Webpage
QUOTE (CelticWish @ Jan 11 2004, 02:34 PM)
Hi Siusaidh Blues! Long time, no talk! How have you been?
I watched Bad Boys 2 a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!!!! The first one is one of my favorite movies. Now I have added the second one to my ongoing favorites list. laugh.gif They language was awful, but, my kids were asleep so I didn't have to worry about that. biggrin.gif

clap.gif
Hey, there you are!! CelticRose told me you were around here - what a pleasant surprise to have you join us my dear.

I've been up to no good a'tall, lemme tell ya. Spendin' lots of time on the Net here, working on my web page, doing laundry, working on the web page some more, cleaning out the cat litter pan (that kitten thinks every time I scoop out some poop, its time to make another deposit - grrrr), and not spending near enough time in the studio!

How bout choo?

Hi you!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad you are doing good!
What spare time I have I spend on here, too. I am really loving this site!
I definitely know what you mean about the kitty. You would think that I have 10 cats. The stinker!!!! And I mean that literally. laugh.gif
I did not know that you had your own site? That's great!!!
I need to spend some time painting myself. I haven't done that for a while. I do oil paintings. Mostly scenery or animals. Someday when the kids leave me alone long enough to get in a couple of brush strokes. biggrin.gif

Talk to ya soon.
CW
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 14-Jan-2004, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Last Night I watched the Pirates of the Caribbean with Johnny Depp. It was as far as I was concerned a cute movie.

Tonight was What Women Want with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt. I thought I was going to bust a gut laughing. lol.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
CelticWish 
Posted: 15-Jan-2004, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

female

Richard,
I loved What Women Want. That was hilarious!!!

I haven't seen the pirate movie yet.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 15-Jan-2004, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Do you mean "Pirates of the Caribean
Curse of the Black Pearl"

It was a great movie. I went to see it 4 times in the theaters. I want a new 46" widescreen TV but we are fixing to leave on a trip to Scotland and I can't do both so the TV will have to wait.

You'll really enjoy it. I'm crazy about Johnny Depp!
A

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 15-Jan-2004, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ Jan 15 2004, 09:59 PM)
Do you mean "Pirates of the Caribean
Curse of the Black Pearl"

It was a great movie. I went to see it 4 times in the theaters. I want a new 46" widescreen TV but we are fixing to leave on a trip to Scotland and I can't do both so the TV will have to wait.

You'll really enjoy it. I'm crazy about Johnny Depp!
A

What about the Jeep? dry.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 16-Jan-2004, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticWish @ Jan 14 2004, 07:51 PM)

I need to spend some time painting myself. I haven't done that for a while. I do oil paintings. Mostly scenery or animals. Someday when the kids leave me alone long enough to get in a couple of brush strokes. biggrin.gif

Talk to ya soon.
CW

I've gotten back into the 'wildlife art' during the last two years, after having spent about 10 years doing landscapes and portraits... horses have caught my fancy, and its been such fun getting back to trying to capture on paper their delightful personalities and high spirits. Its fun, but working in colored pencils (like I prefer for animal sketchs) is so much tighter & detailed, it feels a bit restrictive after working with pastels for so long.

With pastels you can make big broad strokes of color, its exhilerating to the max! Its more like painting... what do you use, oils or acrylics?
PM               
CelticWish 
Posted: 17-Jan-2004, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (Siusaidh Blues @ Jan 16 2004, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (CelticWish @ Jan 14 2004, 07:51 PM)

Talk to ya soon.
CW

I've gotten back into the 'wildlife art' during the last two years, after having spent about 10 years doing landscapes and portraits... horses have caught my fancy, and its been such fun getting back to trying to capture on paper their delightful personalities and high spirits. Its fun, but working in colored pencils (like I prefer for animal sketchs) is so much tighter & detailed, it feels a bit restrictive after working with pastels for so long.

With pastels you can make big broad strokes of color, its exhilerating to the max! Its more like painting... what do you use, oils or acrylics?

Hi SB!!

I work with oils. I never got into acrylics for some reason. My aunt only uses acrylics I think.
I worked with pastels a little bit years ago when I was in school but, I never got into those too much either. I am very messy, so me and pastels has a love hate relationship. biggrin.gif
I like working with pencil, too.

I finally got around to watching The Order last night. I found it very boring, even though Heath Ledger was nice to look at. wub.gif
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 18-Jan-2004, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

The last movie I saw was in December called The Last Samurai and from the thread in the general category I started on it it seems to have been a fairly liked movie by all. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
kidclaymore 
Posted: 18-Jan-2004, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

THE BLACK KNIGHT
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: North East Texas

male

I just finished The Order with Heath Ledger, wreid movie.

--------------------
Slainte
Cho Sona ri radan ann am muileann and Gus an coinnich sinn a rithisd
Clan Lamont
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 18-Jan-2004, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

What is it about? Saw one newer movie with him but do not remember the English title...maybe it's the one you saw?

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 18-Jan-2004, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (scottish2 @ Jan 18 2004, 07:05 AM)
The last movie I saw was in December called The Last Samurai and from the thread in the general category I started on it it seems to have been a fairly liked movie by all. smile.gif

I tried NOT to read too much about that movie on the other thread as the movie just started at the cinema in our town.
Will go there one evening this week and I'm really anxious ... rolleyes.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Jan-2004, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I just watched "Bruce Almighty." I was disappointed in that I had expected it to be hilarious, which I did not. Maybe I have a pooh sense of humor. It's just that everyone told me this movie was soooooooooooo funny and I just didn't find that. Had a good story though.

Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Jan-2004, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Jan 23 2004, 09:24 PM)
I just watched "Bruce Almighty." I was disappointed in that I had expected it to be hilarious, which I did not. Maybe I have a pooh sense of humor. It's just that everyone told me this movie was soooooooooooo funny and I just didn't find that. Had a good story though.

Rosemary, I had to same reaction. I thought or expected to be sooooo funny that it was a big-let-down when I finally saw it. I guess different strokes for different folks? wink.gif

Tomorrow I'm going to see ROTK with a close friend who hasn't seen it yet. I knew we had to go see it soon before it leaves the theatres.

Roisin,
angel_not.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]