Posted: 08-Mar-2006, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Anyone else?

For me I lost the ability to trust. Everyone else had let me down, there was no one I could count on to be there for me. In losing trust with all earthly beings, I lost the ability or the gift of being able to trust God. I now think it is a gift. Because it can't be contrived. I can read of God's love, read of how I should trust in God to take care of me because He loves me, I can be told it, be preached it. But, yet, all I can feel is - maybe you, but not me. For me there is nothing more than endless years of duty until I die.

Joy is found in the small things and is very precious. I am grateful for every joyful experience. And I am grateful for God's loving care of my children. I trust in God to be there for them, beg Him to give them what I have missed.

There is too much keeping me down that can't be lifted. Some trials in life can't be changed, only endured. Yes, and a finer Christian than I would rise above every adversity, singing God's praises every inch of the way they crawled on bloody and bruised hands and knees.

I know all go through dry bones times of life, but this one's really derailed me. And, I'm afraid, defined me.

I still believe in the All Mighty, Most Holy God and the Salvation of Jesus. But I don't belive life holds any promise for me. Can't trust in the goodness of the Lord to provide for anything other than ultimate salvation. As if that isn't enough!

OK, anyone else experienced a crisis?

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 15-Mar-2006, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

Elspeth, I understand very well, have been there myself.
Watch your mail box, I sent you a letter.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
dundee 
Posted: 16-Mar-2006, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

i think i am in one now... +1 on the trust issue els...
but right now the only thing i have that i can cling to is trust in is God and Christ.

i have been thinking alot lately about the trite lil saying WWJD....
been thinking its not what would Jesus do ... Jesus was Jesus he had his strengths
(and i believe weakness) i am me i have my strengths and lord knows plenty of weaknesses.... thinking it should be more like WWJHYD..... what would Jesus have YOU do...

why does everyone want to manipulate and control others....?

sorry didnt mean to ramble or get off topic if i did.... note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Elspeth 
Posted: 16-Mar-2006, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (dundee @ 16-Mar-2006, 10:23 AM)
i have been thinking alot lately about the trite lil saying WWJD....
thinking it should be more like WWJHYD..... what would Jesus have YOU do...

why does everyone want to manipulate and control others....?

sorry didnt mean to ramble or get off topic if i did.... note.gif

I like that, dundee. Hope you don't mind if I perpetuate the idea.

I'm sorry you're in the same spot. Do you keep thinking of Job or the 'dry bones'?

Manipulate and control.... got me.
Jesus never did either. Even though He could have brought all of the earth to its knees.

I love rambling and this isn't remotely off-topic. A discussion of the difference in ecru vs. tan would be off-topic. biggrin.gif
Irishmusiclover 
Posted: 18-Mar-2006, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Champlin Minnesota USA

female

I am currently going through a crisis of faith. The reasons are many, and I don't wish to post them here, but I will share them privately if anyone wants to know what they are.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 31-Mar-2006, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

I have had the joy of being a Christian for 40 years this August. I have been in the ministry on a full time basis since 1979 (yes, I'm older than dirt wink.gif . I certainly understand the crisis of faith. I would also expect that there will be a few more of them before home going.

Here is my spin and I hope it may be of help to someone. If we read the Scriptures, I think we find that many of the great heroes of the Bible experienced what we are all talking about. David certainly did. Many of his psalms cry out to God almost as if David couldn't find him. The book of Job comes to mind when that good man suffered for no apparent wrong doing in his life. Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet and for good reason. In his entire ministry, it seemed that virtually no one listened to him. He tried to quit preaching, but said he could not because the Word of God burned in him like a fire (Jeremiah 20:9). What I am saying is that we are not alone. Abraham, Moses, and the list could go on and on.

The question is what to do about it. I know that sometimes these kinds of things can be brought on by sin, but what if sin is not the issue? Psalm 51 deals with the sin issue, but what if we, to the best of our knowledge, are trying to fulfill the will of God and still seem to be in crisis?

Here is what I have done. I have found that if I will keep doing the things I should do, whether or not they bring me the joy they once did, God will someday, somehow, restore the joy. I wish I could tell you that I always enjoy reading my Bible and praying. there are times, to be honest, that i read the Bible and get nothing form it. I pray and it seems like my prayers bounce off the ceiling. The question is then, why do it? Well, first of all, Jesus loved me enough to give Himself for me. If I can't always do it out of love, I will do it out of duty. Secondly, right is alway right. I may not feel like doing right,but it does not absolve me of my responsibility to do so. Thirdly, these, among others, are the things that brought me joy in the first place. I have found that as time goes on, the joy will return. What is the timetable? In my life, it has varied from a few days to even months or,yes, years.

Another factor I look at is the fact that even when I am out of control or my life seems as such, not takes our Lord by surprise. He is always the same. I do not always understand His ways and I have even questioned some of the paths He has determined for me. But I know that His love for me in unconditional and I can rejoice that my crisis has not caught Him by surprise. I find a lot to live for here on earth, but I also know that this is not home. The old songs says "This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through." I have a rest in Jesus inside, but real rest will come when we get to Heaven.

Elspeth, you mentioned in another thread, I believe, about reaching the lost and going soulwnning and that some say that is the way to find purpose. I believe that it is very Scriptural to get the Gospel out (after all, someone brought it to you and me). Having said that, evangelism by itself does not end a crisis of faith. I continue going soulwinning even when in crisis (back to tat duty thing again), but it is not the total answer. We still must nourish ourselves spiritually and trust our sweet Lord to bring us through. And by the way, I always appreciate your insight and openness. Way too many Christians are afraid to admit that they struggle. That is just not realistic! We still live in this flesh.

Irishmusiclover, I would never want to pry into your crisis issues. If you want to send me a PM and talk about them, I would be glad to try and be of some help. Just wanted to be available.

I hope I haven't come across as one that has all the answers. I don't. But I know the One Who does and I do my best to tap into His wisdom. I think one of the best things we can do is lift each other up in prayer and ask the Lord to give us strength for each day. Hope maybe something I've said can be of some small help.

Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Elspeth 
Posted: 02-Apr-2006, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Thanks haynes... Much to think about there. And once again, I'm reminded of the simplicity of AA when they teach, do the next right thing. Dont' get freaked when nothing makes sense, or you don't know where it's all going or there seems to be no answers... just keep doing the next right thing.

Seems the same with Christianity, just keep doing the next right thing, allowing yourself to be bouyed by the Holy Spirit.

I keep telling myself, life doens't have to be as complicated as it has become....

And irish, I too would listen if you want to talk. Probably won't have any answers, but might understand.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]