Posted: 18-Aug-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

The government was never to promote one religion over another. Granted most people are Christian because most founders were Christian (or a faith very near Christianity).

An interesting parallel can be drawn to Mormons. There are different types of Mormons (some still attempting polygamy). But the government does not allow this (though there are pockets of polygamy that are "overlooked"). But all in all they are not permitted to practice polygamy because it is illegal in this country. For the most part Mormons found a way to evolve and continue practicing their faith here in America.

We (the people or government) did not go out of our way to promote tolerance for Mormonism....we set firm boundries and allowed them to evolve within those boundaries.

Muslims should take heed.

I ask myself why the over-extension towards Muslims? No other faith has received such support....as it should be. So let's knock it off. They are no better than any other faith. And in my opinion, worse than other faiths because even the most radical evangelical has not killed as many in the name of their god in today modern day world landscape.

The knucklehead Baptist minister who goes around picketing funerals of soldiers and the miners in West Virginia has been slammed by other Christian faiths. And in my opinion has been justly warned/threatened to stay away from certain areas by the locals. But look at the percentages of this kind of preacher compared to mainstream Christianity....then look at Muslims...the percentages of radical terrorist appear to far outweight the moderates. Then...in my opinion...doing more harm than good to the moderate Muslims is this Imam w/the Ground Zero mosque. His actions are alienating Americans from moderate Muslims because we figure hell, if this is moderate...we don't want it!

Again, only my 2 cents on this explosive topic.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 25-Aug-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

It was interesting that at the recent protest, there were well over 1000, maybe 2000 at times, protesting the mosque and 75 supporters came out in favor of it.

It just shows where the passion lies!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]