Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
3Ravens 
Posted: 22-Oct-2003, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

Oldraven,
James Kelegan is fron Calgary. Garnett discovered him. If you like those Rogers boys, you will probably like James. He writes most of his own stuff, lots of social comentary in a historical vein. Penny Lang is the closest thing to oldtime I've heard come out of Canada. Irish Decendants is from the Maritimes, I forget exactly where. (No wonder you never heard of Irish Connection, they don't exist. Oops!) Oliver is an extrordinary fiddler. He's on some of Garnett's CDs, also has several CDs of his own.

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
Hak 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 12:14 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

male

Hello,I am Hak from Vashon Island,Washinton State,USA. I play Irish fiddle. This is a test run;I'll see how this all this chat and web site navigation works as I go. I get poor playback:the music cuts out a lot,so I suspect I need to pay the lousy $39.95 so-called upgrade in my media player software. If anyone has advice on this let me know:since I'm a rookie cyborg,I'm guessing a software upgrade can process the data stream faster. Well,for now I'll just say hello and nice to have found you.

PMEmail Poster               
Hak 
  Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

male

Hello,I am Hak from Vashon Island,Washinton State,USA. I play Irish fiddle. This is a test run;I'll see how this all this chat and web site navigation works as I go. I get poor playback:the music cuts out a lot,so I suspect I need to pay the lousy $39.95 so-called upgrade in my media player software. If anyone has advice on this let me know:since I'm a rookie cyborg,I'm guessing a software upgrade can process the data stream faster. Well,for now I'll just say hello and nice to have found you.

PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (3Ravens @ Oct 23 2003, 12:05 AM)
Oldraven,
James Kelegan is fron Calgary. Garnett discovered him. If you like those Rogers boys, you will probably like James. He writes most of his own stuff, lots of social comentary in a historical vein. Penny Lang is the closest thing to oldtime I've heard come out of Canada. Irish Decendants is from the Maritimes, I forget exactly where. (No wonder you never heard of Irish Connection, they don't exist. Oops!) Oliver is an extrordinary fiddler. He's on some of Garnett's CDs, also has several CDs of his own.

Ah, yes. The Irish Decendants. I know of them, and have heard them on the local radio and telly channels back east, but I'm not sure where exactly they're from either.

As for the rest, I'll try to find some of thier stuff around. I guess the first place to check would be in the request bin here. smile.gif

Thanks.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (Hak @ Oct 23 2003, 02:17 AM)

Welcome, Hak. Don't waste your money on a $40.00 player. That's frigin theft, in my books. Go here instead. Winamp It's free and infinitely skinnable. Meaning you can make it look like anything you want, or pick from thousands of interfaces that other users make and give away. smile.gif Please do this, and don't waste money on something that should be free.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Hak @ Oct 23 2003, 01:17 AM)

Welcome Hak!

Here's the link to Apple's iTunes. You may want to try that. It is now for Macs and PCs.

Apple iTunes

Another thing: do you use a dialup connection or a broadband connection? If it is dialup, you may want to consider switching to broadband.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 04:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I found when I was on Dial-up that I could stream Highlander Radio's low BW stream and browse a little just fine when I was going through my Linux router, but when I connected directly via a Win98 box while part of my local network was down for laying newcarpet, I found myself lucky to maintain the stream... Even mostly unadministered QoS rocks!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
phamil 
  Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: ohio

female

Hi! I stumbled upon CelticRadio when I received a new computer at work and it was on iTines. I play it everyday and I finally came on at home. I'm a school principal in Ohio who is married with 2 kids. One is in college and one at home. Annie, 12 years , is a Highland dancer that competes and dances with a local pipe band. That is how I got involved in learning a lot about scottish culture, along with marrying a scotsman. I'm glad to be a part of this community and i hope i can figure out all of this stuff on this site!

--------------------
[COLOR=blue][/COLOR]
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

HOLA cheers.gif cheers.gif cheers.gif
BIENVENIDOS A TODOS

cheers.gif

Have a pint on me.

Leo

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 25-Oct-2003, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Welcome to all of the new members that I have missed lately. You have found a great site. GREAT MUSIC.....GREAT PEOPLE.... cheers.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Herrerano 
Posted: 28-Oct-2003, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Venga, sientese, toma una pinta.

Welcome to Highlander Radio, a different sort of place where you can pull up a chair and relax a while without worrying about offending anyone. (Well, almost anyone, you know how it is, always a grouch in the bunch somewhere). But never mind that, make yourself at home. Grab a pint and take it easy.

Leo cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Guest_Caveman
Posted: 29-Oct-2003, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

hello everyone just thought i would try to make some new friends and this sounded like a good place to start to me

Caveman 
Posted: 29-Oct-2003, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

i'm not sure how to do anything yet so any tips would help me and be greatly apprishiated

--------------------
Be Good, if your not, be good at it!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
silverdragon 
Posted: 29-Oct-2003, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

Hi! I found this site surfing for Celtic music. I'm a college teacher in California; my adoption papers listed Irish and Scottish (among others) in my ancestry. I figure I get to pick which set of ancestors I like! I plan on starting Irish Dance lessons Real Soon Now (end of this term? Please?)

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
McHaggis 
Posted: 29-Oct-2003, 11:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Pismo Beach on theCentral California Coast

male

Welcom, Ms. Dragon, where in SoCal do you teach? BTW: that's how I found the site, except I was looking for either fiddle tunes or other music from Scotland.

Your "homey,"
RON

(Born and raised in SF Valley, but I'm up in Pismo now)

--------------------
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT"

"...A bonnie lass I will confess,
Is pleasant to the e'e,
But without some better qualities
She's no lass for me...."

(From "O Once I Lov'd" - Robert Burns)

"There are few more impressive sights in the world than a Scotsman on the make." --J.M. BARRIE (1860-1937)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]