The_Spanish_Rover 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Granada, Spain

male

I just feel stupid when I can not request a song, and there are absolutely anybody requesting, and lots of songs from the Radio are being played sad.gif

Anyway, that should be hard to implement, and I can not really complain about how things are now...

But If you want work to do and suggestion... There you are!

(Allright, u didn't even ask for them... unsure.gif )
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,153 Gold!

To help with the changes to our request policy, we have created a new tool for requests. The Request Queue will show all requests that are:

1. Pending the DMCA 1 hour delay.
2. Currently in the Queue to play.
3. 'On Hold' because requests are disabled.

http://www.celticradio.net/php/requests.php

Additionally, we have made some changes so that when we have specialty programming, any requests in the queue will not be cleared, but will be saved for later play once requests are re-enabled.

We have also added more time to request songs. View our broadcast schedule for more details:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/schedule.php

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
VetteGal 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

I just checked you the schedule, did you stop the celtic sleepytime music at 11 pm Central? If you did I have just one thing to say.
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

QUOTE (VetteGal @ 02-Sep-2004, 11:04 PM)
I just checked you the schedule, did you stop the celtic sleepytime music at 11 pm Central?  If you did I have just one thing to say.
clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif

No...it still says soft music. no.gif

But I have a question. It says that any station that plays a request within 1 hour is called an interactive program. So, what's wrong with being an interactive program? Is such a thing allowed to exist by law? And if so, why couldn't we do that? unsure.gif

Not ranting...just trying to get some understanding. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Sep-2004, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,153 Gold!

I'll have to do a little more checking, but I do not think an interactive program would be covered under our current license. There is probably a bigger fee associated with an interactive program.

Ok sleepy programming? biggrin.gif Requests?

I would be willing to try a week without the sleepy programming and instead replace it with our a variation of our standard broadcast that might include more soft music but with requests enabled. If listening numbers a greater during the time we could stick with it.

Also, will be monitoring # of requests and if possible will bump it up to 2 an hour. It just that we need to keep requests limited to a certain percentage, of which I have not figured out yet!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 03-Sep-2004, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Thanks Mac! I appreciate all you do for this station.

I know that if it were just a matter of fees, then I'd be willing to donate more to be able to keep Celtic Radio the way it was before. I'm not sure if anyone else misses the old way enough to do the same, but I sure do! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 04-Sep-2004, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I also miss it the way it was. My time on the computer is limited. I'm not going anywhere though. LOVE THIS PLACE. walkman.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Sep-2004, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,153 Gold!

I'm going to go ahead and increase the # of requests for 2 every hour with still a max of 10 per day. Based on Friday's results of 22 successful requested plays I think we can afford a little more than that. (Maybe 1 hour and half of requests throughout the day).

The problem with our old request policy is that a single member could easily take up 20-30 mins on the broadcast with their requests. Also, it was possible for a member, under the old system, to have multiple accounts and get more requests than the allowed - which appears to have been part of the problem - which is really not fair to the other members that were abiding by the request limits.

We will probably settle on perhaps 4-6 hours of requests a day. It's great to hear the songs you like, but we do have new artists we'd like to play so if we let everyone request lots of songs we would never get to the new materials.

Thanks again for everyones feedback. This had been a good thread to review! thumbs_up.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]