BluegrassLady 
Posted: 25-May-2006, 03:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Glasgow games will be the first weekend in June, just 9 days away. Anyone going? Hubby and I were there last year and they are great. Hope some of you will beable to be there. We plan on being there Saturday.

BGL

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 29-May-2006, 04:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

Hubby and I will be there also. That is a just our weekend. No kids.
I just hope it isn't so hot. This will make our 4th year there. It is a blast.

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 29-May-2006, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I'm going to try to be there. Been trying to decide which way to go. toll roads are a shorter route, but Interstate may well work out better. Not like I haven't already traversed half the state this weekend smile.gif Might as well cover the rest next weekend. Maybe go one way, and come back the other.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 02-Jun-2006, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Looks like the weather is going to be fine for the games, partly sunny and hi of 79. We take the Cumberland Parkway out of Russell Springs, trip takes us about an hour and a half. We gain an hour since Glasgow is an hour behind us. Forgot about that last year, which made us arrive nice and early. biggrin.gif

BGL
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 03-Jun-2006, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Just got home! Never recognised anyone if I ran into you. I thoroughly enjoied myself nonetheless, and will be anticipating attending again next year. If I'd have realized Seven Nations was going to be there, I'd definately have gone back for a camera before leaving the house. As it was, I thought about it but decided not too. What with my recent scalping and all.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 04-Jun-2006, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hi Aaediwen....we had a great time yesterday too. We probably passed each other in the crowd. biggrin.gif We went to the afternoon session of Seven Nations (around two, I think), and stayed for the Albannach performance. I didn't take a camera this time. Last year I videotaped much of the festival and again in Gatinburg (just Albannach there). Decided to just enjoy it this time. Clan Armstrong had a tent set up so I spent some time there too. Listened to the pipe and drums competition.....just had a wonderful time overall. smile.gif

BGL
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 04-Jun-2006, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

I watched an afternoon session of Seven Nations about that same time. From up in the front row of chairs. I'd been pulled over there by checking out a standing room only Albannach jam session immediately prior. Albannach didn't really have enough substance for my taste. I'd been pulled over there right after listening to Colin Grant-Adams do a set. I was on my way back over to his tent to buy some CDs to yap when I got destracted into a detour. While Albannach was jamming I noticed Seven Nations was up next, so I stayed around. I didn't actually manage to catch the pipe and drum competitions, although I did go back there and yap with some members of Kentucky United. A friend of mine used to play with them. I also got all kinds of info from the MacDuffs. And I got confirmation on the proper coat of arms from the engraver. I seriously thought about getting myself a sword, but with so much of whatI saw being movie prop replicas, I figured I had better do more research before I did that. I did get myself a waster to practice with in the meantime though.
I also managed to find a decent cloak clasp, although I have yet to find one as nice as I found at Pennsic and as sturdy as the one I currently use. I also stopped by and tried a bite of that lady's Haggis too. First time I've had a chance to try it. Although I wouldn't run from it, I wouldn't call it a favorite dish either.
I still haven't gotten myself one of those nice tapestries either. Seems like I saw one place selling them, but was looking for something else at the time and then was never able to find them again. Ohh well, I'll get my paws on one eventually, I'm sure. Also, once I had visited with the MacDuffs and gotten a small swatch of the tartan material, I went looking for a place to buy a larger qualtity. I finally found a place that would sell it to me, but $52/yd was a bit steep for what I was looking for. At that price I had might as well wait until I decide to get a kilt. I really would like to get some of the material to use other places as well though.

One more note to possible help determine if you saw me around, since apparently even while carrying a hardcopy of your profile I didn't recognise you. I was the only person I saw there wearing a Highlander Radio shirt.

... Under the Milkyway tonight...
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Jun-2006, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Don't think I saw you, Aaediwen, cuz i don't remember seeing anyone wearing a Highlander Radio t-shirt. It would be a good idea, tho, if anyone wanting to recognize fellow members at these type of functions did wear their t-shirts. Then we could say hi whether we knew the person or not. biggrin.gif

BGL
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 14-Jun-2006, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

My husband and I had a wonderful time. We have been there 5yrs now. We met up with a bunch of great friends. Can't wait to get to see them again. which will be at Grandfather Mountain. I must agree the weather was the best compared to Gatlinburg.
I just wish they would of had the caileigh at the park. I enjoyed it there. Where they had it at wasn't bad,but you just couldn't move around like outside. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
teashoci 
Posted: 15-Jun-2006, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: glasgow

male

what are the glasgow games.I live in glasgow but have never heard of them, does it take place on glasgow green ?.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 15-Jun-2006, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

smile.gif

Glasgow, KY USA.
Instead of Glasgow Scotland
teashoci 
Posted: 18-Jun-2006, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: glasgow

male

oh alright, thank you.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]