Posted: 01-Apr-2007, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I don't like to give out my name on line. Just call me NS. I'm 39 have a beautiful wife who's expecting our 2nd child who'll be our first boy and I have a beautiful daughter. My wife and I met at church here in Florida. We belong to a non-demoninational pentecostal Church.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 18-Jul-2007, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

I am so glad I found this forum. I have enjoyed reading y'alls posts.
My name is Jennie and I just joined CR 3 days ago. I was raised in a Southern Baptist church here in my hometown of Smyrna, GA. I never felt completely at home in the Baptist church, and could not figure it out. But, I stuck with it and made the best of the situation. I was "dunked"/baptised when I was 10, but always felt that God, Christ and the Holy Spirit was always present in my life. It wasn't until 1983 when I heard a Presbyterian preacher (PCA) preach. Something clicked and it was then that I discovered reformed Presbyterian thought. For some reason, it was always there. Well, when I got married, I married another Presbyterian. We both love genealogy and have found that the vast majority of both of our ancestors were Presbyterian, Dutch Reformed or Huegenot (sp?). I guess it's in my genetic makeup.
LIke I said, my name is Jennie. I live in Smyrna, GA - and am actually a native of Smyrna. I am married to Freddie - August 9 will be our 23rd anniversary. We have two children - daughter Shannon Brianna (20) and Eric (15). I teach at the school at our church - Covenant Christian School. I teach 4 year olds. I have also taught music, art and P.E. I am also teach Chess afterschool. CCS is unique in that we teach all subjects from a Christian worldview. We don't just sprinkle a few prayers and count apostles during the day. Shannon and Eric have always been home schooled. Shannon is an accomplished flutist and makes mega bucks babysitting for families at our church. This coming year she will be apprenticing/student teaching at the school. Eric is Eric, he loves to write, play baseball, loves LOTR, Star Wars, plays Play Station baseball and football with his dad - he wears a size 15 shoe and is 6'1" tall - taller than both his parents. WE are proud of both of our children and their walk with the Lord. They can hold their own with friends that can be rather hostile to Christianity. They do it without being mean spirited about it. That's a wonderful thing. I have always sung in a church choir since I could walk. This Christmas we are performing the Christmas portion of the Messiah. We have a traditional service at our church - Smyrna Presbyterian. My husband worked as a Mechanical contractor up until about 6 yearas ago when his dad, who he worked with, decided to retire and get out. That threw Freddie into an early retirement. He is now head of maintenance at our church. That way he can continue with the homeschooling and be on call, etc. when needed. We live very close to the church also, which is a good thing considering gas prices. Thanks for a wonderful forum where believers can gather and get to know each other better. If we never meet here on earth, I know we will meet in heaven.

In service to our awesome God,

Jennie note.gif

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Jennie, I use to go to a PCA when I lived in Columbus, GA. In fact my 2nd born was baptized in the PCA. She was my only protestant. The other 3 were baptized Catholic. I loved my church and pastor when we lived down there.

Right now I go to Congregation Beth Hallel in Roswell, GA. It is a messianic believer congregation.

Gwenlee
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Shepherdess 
Posted: 24-Jul-2007, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

female

Messianic - wow, that's cool! We had a Messianic believer in my old church and I knew a lot more out in San Francisco.

I've been loosely Baptist-ish my whole life. Being of a very concrete turn of mind, I was blessed to be introduced very early to C. S. Lewis and similar writers, or I don't know where I would have got to in my faith. Evangelicalism in-your-face, dress-this-way, do-these-things - it wasn't doing it for me, for sure. It did keep me out of trouble as a teen, though, at least, lol.

For a while in our early adutlhood and marriage, we attended a church that was sort of Baptist but the main distinctives they offered were an emphasis on quiet faith that led by example, being ready at all times to offer answers to seekers, and an almost complete focus on expositional study of the Word during meetings. The eighteen years I spent there strongly shaped my world view and belief system.

We're now in a place where we basically have a choice, locally, among formalist type churches (not our style), Southern Baptists (meh), and holy rollers (uh, no). We found a nice little Southern Baptist church where they preach simple faith, nothing really clashes with our view of things, and nothing too scary happens in service. Patrick's not sure about the - er - enthusiastic singing and modern songs, but I like it and the kids are really getting into it.

The name of our farm, Irena, is an Anglicized word from Koine Greek that means "peace with God" or "Harmony." We are pursuing sustainable farming, which we're not even close to, but it's a goal. wink.gif

The kids are home schooling. I pray every day that they find the same peace with God that we did, and come to it as early as Patrick and I both did. It's helpful in this mad, mad world.

--------------------
Becca Shouse
Irena Farm, North Carolina, USA
PMEmail Poster               
monksplay1958 
Posted: 31-Jul-2007, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Michigan

female

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa & I have been bopping around this website for about 6 months-just love the people & music! I have been really touched by your stories. Thank you, all, for sharing! And here is a glimpse of my story....was born 8th out of 9 children in an Irish Catholic family.Went to Mass from the time I was a little tike, and really started enjoying church when I was in high school. We had a little youth group in my local parish at St Ann's-we would go from parish to parish and do a little youth service-complete with singing,skits & liturgical dance (singing & lit dancing were my favs). The nun that helped coordinate that group was named Rosalie-she was a breath of fresh air-and she was the FIRST person in the RC church to tell me that I could have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Well, she planted the seeds...then fast forward to my senior year...my boss at the fast food restaurant I worked at witnessed to me & showed me that he was serious about his faith. He & his wife lived a life of love & integrity-I wanted what they had! So, I said the sinners prayer one night at work when I was 17 years old. I left the RC while in college,then started going to a Reformed Church with my husband,and have been a member or attended several different churches-Reformed Church in America, Christian Reformed, Full gospel charismatic,Baptist, and currently am going to a little non-denom Bible church. My faith has changed over the years, but Jesus Christ NEVER changes-I find huge comfort in that. I experience God in many ways-when I am outdoors, when I am singing, when I am in need & a friend *just happens* to call, or I receive a mystery check in the mail just in the knick of time. God has also blessed me with 4 beautiful children-2 sons & 2 daughters-30,25,22 & 18-and 4 darling grandchildren-2 boys & 2 girls-5 months,10 months,2 years & 3 years old. Life with the Lord just keeps getting sweeter! I pray that I will be a channel of God's love, grace & mercy to others.
Shalom,
Melissa
PMEmail Poster               
Redelle 
Posted: 10-Sep-2007, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: Roswell, Georgia

male

Well, I guess I should say something. I've been a member/supporter of Celtic Radio for years, but haven't every really posted much. I'm trying to slowly change that.

My name is Gary, and I grew up strongly Southern Baptist. If the church was open, I was there. My dad is a Deacon and a sunday school teacher as were my grandfathers. My mom sang (and still sings) in the choir, and leads the childrens choirs. I grew up singing in all the choirs from child till adult. I was baptised when I was 9 years old. I spent a lot of time absorbing all that was taught and lived it in a general way. I never broke taboos, I knew I loved God and Jesus, but I never really knew the personal relationship part until I found my current church.

About 10 years ago, I started attending North Point Community Church, taught by Andy Stanley. While not affiliated with the SBC, it's certainly the very close in it's teachings and beliefs (without the accompanying denominational squabbles). My family affectionaly calls it "Rock & Roll Baptist." I've certainly grown in my relationship with God and I still have a long way to go (don't we all?) Personally, I don't mind the music as 5 years ago I lost a lot of my hearing (genetics, the time bomb finally went off), and so playing it loud allows me to turn off the hearing aids and enjoy it. That also meant I could no longer sing in the choir. That has hurt, but I can still enjoy listening to music.

I'll be married four years this October to a wonderful woman. I'll be 34 and she will be 28. She was raised Roman Catholic, and attends a Byzantine Catholic church now. She does enjoy being married to a Protestant as it's taught her quite a bit more about the Bible, she says. I've gained from her a greater appreciation for the EARLY church.

No children yet, as medicine has determined that it's not possible for us. We keep praying and hoping, however. We do have a Phalene who is quite a handful for such a small dog. Heck, he managed to break my leg within 3 months of having him (interesting story). He does remind me of God's commands to take care of those in our care though. Gosh we love that little rascal.

We have recently been asked to become Small Group Leaders at North Point, so we are in training for that right now. We have been in Small Groups all through ou marriage, so it's time we pass on what others have given to us. I do have a hobby of apologetics, and love learning as much as I can about our Heavenly Father. I look forward to the discussions and fellowship here.

--------------------
  "A good teacher is one who can understand those who are not very good at explaining, and explain to those who are not very good at understanding." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 10-Sep-2007, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Hello, Gary, from the Navajo Nation in Northern Arizona. My family and i are missionaries here on the Rez as we call it. I am an independent (non-denominational) Baptist.

Great to hear from you and hope you will post often. We have a pretty active group of folks from all walks of life. If you look up my photo gallery hereon the site, you can catch a few photos of me and my family. We have seven children, three left at home.

Looking forward to hearing form you! Welcome aboard and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 11-Sep-2007, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Gary,

Welcome aboard from Smyrna, GA! We're almost neighbors. I have a good friend and her husband that go to North Point. My husband and I were members of Atlanta First Baptist, Charles Stanley's church, about 18 years ago when they were still in downtown. We are now members of Smyrna Presbyterian, PCA.
Again, welcome aboard.

Jennie
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 12-Sep-2007, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Gwynhwyvar @ 11-Sep-2007, 07:42 PM)
Smyrna, GA!

off topic for a second... isnt that where they make Glock *s*

ok i am jim...

i was raised catholic but walked away when i was 18 got involved with the hippie movement (yes i am that old) after a couple of years the the Jesus People happened to come to my town... it wasnt long until i had found a whole new reason to live. i traveled with them for sometime.

after that marriage children and grandkids... and the assembly of God church in which i was quite active from music to acting...but it seems that God keeps putting people in my life and then taking them away.... everything from pastors to friends to you name it... i get close to people and then they are gone... i finally left the AoG and havent been to church in a few years. i feel slightly jaded and let down from the constant comings and goings in my life. however i still talk to the Father and still claim His Son as my salvation... i dont really have anything else. my music and performing at regional ren faires keeps me going .... for now at least.

sorry for babbling *L* note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Dougie 
Posted: 20-Oct-2007, 10:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

Realm: In College RI, Home In Maine

male

Dear Brother and Sisters in Christ,
Hello everyone my name is Doug. Im from the big state of Maine. Lets see ummmm.... Im currently a second year student at Zion Bible College in RI. I have been raised in the church my whole life. I currently attend a (Non) Denominational Pentecostal Church. I love God so much. Hes done so much for me and my family. Im not saying having Jesus in your life is a bed of Roses. There will be times of testing and trials. Anyway i love God so much and i hope to serve him in full time ministry when i graduate. I know God has a plan for each and every one of our lives. We just have to seek him.
Once again brothers&Sisters i love you all and will be praying daily for you..... We must become unified and affect this world by living for Jesus. One quote i love is . "I want to empty Hell and Over Populate Heaven" If thats possible LOL. Hope to hear from you all soon.

God Bless,
Doug

PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
cylassie 
Posted: 23-Nov-2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Arkansas - Near Ozark Mts.

female

Hello Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I have been following the Lord for 30 years and found my way back to the faith of my fathers, Reformed Presbyterian. My Henderson ancestors were Scottish Presbyterians and started churches in their homes as they settled the PA frontier.

I didn't find the Lord until age 15 when I went to live with my grandparents, (Scotts) in 1975. The journey has been long and hard, but a good one.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Haggishead 
Posted: 23-Nov-2007, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

OK. I must confess that I have been here for a little bit of time and just now saw this thread. Very embarrassing.

I am a minister in a baptist tradition and have been so for about 20 years. Prior to that, I was a police officer. I grew up in the reformed trad of Christianity so I guess you could refer to me as a reformed baptist. Labels are useless and many times undeserving so I look at it like this:

~Sinner by birth
~Christian by grace
~Denomination by choice

I have worked primarily in cross-cultural settings (Asian) throughout those years with about 40% of the time in Japan. But now we are back in the States doing education, missions and student ministry in a mid-size church in the SW. I write bible study materials based on CCM for a national company based out of TN and sit on a board of directors for an apologetic group out of TX.

I head up a Scottish and Irish group where we live and do as many games and festivals as I can get in. I also teach karate at my church on a weekly basis. My dream is to own and relax in a mountain home looking forward to the first snows of the season.

'bout it, I guess. Nothing too exciting.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 06-Mar-2008, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Oklahoma

male

Fàilte càirdean ann an Criosda Mac Dhè.

'S mise Adrian, agus tha mi is an teaghlach agam a' fuireach ann an Tulsa, OK.
I'm Adrian, and my family and I live in Tulsa, OK.

I began attending a Southern Baptist Church in Kansas when I was 12. Kansas by the way is Lutheran and Mennonite country. I was accepted Christ's offer a salvation and was baptised when I was 13. My love for God began to erode almost immediately, and over the ensuing decade, from the skeptisism, relativism, and intellectualism that was to dominate my teens and early twenties. Then a funny thing happened. In a darkened hopital room, my six-hour old new daughter opened her sensitive eyes in the dim light and stared at me with an expression that I can only describe as wonder. God showed Himself to me though His Creation; my new child.
Then a funny thing happened. God asked me about my outlook, and He made me realize that all of my searching would always be fruitless without Him. Since that moment I have allowed Him to come back into my life. I'm sometimes frustrated by the fact that I'm not more active in bringing love to other people. But when I have this thought and feeling, I am immediately aware of God's molding me into his better servant.
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Love it! Glad to read your post. Ain't it amazing how no matter what we do, no matter how far we wander, He's always right there just waiting for the chance to show us how He cares.

He pokes and prods and backs us into a corner, makes us sit still sometimes and just breathe, ya know... He is amazing.

It's nature that He's used to reach my heart since I was so very young... and now He's using it again to calm my soul after a somewhat uproarious couple of years filled with fledgling kids and ill in-laws. Thanks to His grace we are now on a little farm (5 acres, two old horses and a tomato plant wink.gif ) that I love to wake up to each morning.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Montie, druid at heart 
Posted: 07-Oct-2008, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

Hello all.
I was baptised at 8 years old and have drifted back and forth for years. I was married at 31 to my wife and her daughter bobi. When we had our daughter Casi, it really hit me that she will look to me for guidance and as an example. My wife always took care of Bobi but Casi's birth really brought it home to me. (I'm a bit slow and tend to be self centered) I honestly believe Casi saved my soul. I've really got my life going in the right direction and have been blessed. You know if GOD had let happen what I planned, Casi would not be here and my wife and I would probably be divorced. Thank GOD that he doesn't let me control things, though I tend to try to everyday.
It is funny too that when my wife and I decided to really do a real tythe, we weren't sure that we could do it. We take the money out for the church first now and then do the rest of the bills. Somehow, there is always enough money now when there never was enough when we didn't tythe. All GOD asks is that we trust him, it is just hard to let him "drive".
Sorry for the long winded thoughts here.
Montie
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]