Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Seeing As This Is A Pub.., What's your drink?
Iain A.D. 
Posted: 29-Apr-2007, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Edinburgh, Alba

male

Easy to please.

Miller thumbs_up.gif

or

Magners

or

Vodka & Irn Bru...................depending on the circumstances king.gif

--------------------
Hush ye, hush ye, little pet ye.
Hush ye, hush ye, do not fret ye.
The Black Douglas shall not get ye.
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 26-May-2007, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

If we're talking a few drinks with dinner, Guinness no doubt. But if we're talking about duration drinking I have to go with Yuengling- either the Lager or Black&Tan (porter and beer, mixed at the brewery). For either one, I can drink darn near unlimited quantites with never any problems the next day- except maybe being a little tired from being up too late.
They're the only domestic beers I'll touch. Even Sam Adams has begun to get too big for my tastes. Sam isn't like it was a decade ago.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
Blue_Dragon5 
Posted: 28-May-2007, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Derry, PA

male

Any dark or Red beer

Vodka, Rum, and some Whiskeys mixed with any type of pop.

--------------------
Ni neart go cur le cheile (Togetherness is strength)
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (Emmet @ 19-Dec-2006, 06:20 AM)
Beer: Guinness (Everyone knows that God always intended for beer to be black!)

Liquor: Laphroaig 10 yr. old

user posted image

I most definetly concur.

Here's a little something I just received:

Dear Steven,

As I write this letter I must be the proudest man on earth! You may remember that we recently won a haul of 3 Gold medals at the San Francisco Spirits and Wine competition. I certainly did not expect lightning to strike twice -  at least not so soon, but it has!

The results from the prestigious International Wine and Spirits competition have just been released and Laphroaig has won 4 Gold’s!

Our 10 year old won Gold and best in its class. Our 15 year old won Gold. Our Cask Strength also won Gold and my personal favorite, Quarter Cask won another Gold and best in its class. This is how the learned judges described it:

“The pale colour belies the power and pungency of character in the whisky. Great phenolic nose mingles with ripe fruit and loads of spice. Initial entry onto the palate is almost numbing but wait a while and builds into sensational explosion of flavours malt, smoke, and intense peat. Dark sugar sweet flow across the palate with velvet texture. Hints of bonfire in everlasting finish.”

I couldn’t have put it better myself! I am, of course very proud and wanted to share this brilliant news with you.

Whilst I am writing, you will be pleased to hear that planning permission was given (we are a listed building) and work on your new “Friends” lounge is now well under way. Those who come to the Feis Ile which started on May 26th will be the first to see it. The official opening will be on June 22nd.

In other ways it has been a difficult few weeks as we have had problems with our main boiler. We had to get some parts from the mainland which interrupted production. However we are now back up and running at full steam.

Must go now, as I have much to do. What with the festival and your spirit to make. I will be writing to you soon about the Feis Ile and I will put up the full results of our fabulous Gold medal haul on your website for June. Hope you are all well on this “Good News” day.

Slainthe,

John Campbell

Friends of Laphroaig web site
To access to the private Friends of Laphroaig web site, use the link below:

http://www.laphroaig.com/friends

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Blue_Dragon5 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 01:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Derry, PA

male

I have a hard time getting it just because my friends don't like it as much as i do. Lol, and it can make the wallet a little thin at times.
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 23-Jun-2007, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

While on vacation I found a yummy girly drink! On the cruise they called it a Stingray, but I can't find the recepie under that name anywhere. I found a recepie that is close with a few differences. Anyway, it has Captian Morgan's Rum, Midori, Pineapple juice and cranberry juice. We drink them a little too often now at home, and probably a few too many too. They are good though!

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
PiperJR 
  Posted: 29-Jun-2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Beer: Guinness & Tennents

Liqour - Laphroaig , Lagavulin, Cragganmore
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 29-Jun-2007, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

I indulged myself in a bottle of Bushmill's 16 yo single malt last night. One small drink so far.....it is devine! I will limit myself to one ounce a day, maximum.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 30-Jun-2007, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Well then I may need to come help you drink the one ounce at a time - cheers.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Bushmills - my husband's favorite. As a matter of fact, that's where his ancestors came from.

As for me - anything from the Orkney Brewing Company - especially Fraoch Heather Ale or their Skull Splitter.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
TandVh 
Posted: 20-Jul-2007, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The countryside around Exeter, California

male

I was wandering around the small coastal town of Cambridge one night, after getting the family all setteled in at the motel, I ducked into a liquor store and emerged with a couple of battles of "Kilt Lifter Ale". It was good beer- can't recall where it was brewed, but have yet to find it anywhere since.
Quinness is a staple, Dos Equis is good when Newcastle isn't available. My wife is partial to Heffenwiesen- anything they brew.

I like to pick up new beers on the weekend just to keep the taste buds sharp - Moose Drool was one I tried last weekend. Arrogant Bastard Ale is always a bitter one to get me going.

I don't drink hard liquor of any kind- unless I've already had several beers and it's offered- then, the 'ol willpower just dissolves and- boom- down the hatch.

--------------------
TandVh
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 22-Jul-2007, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

How was the Moose Drool? I have heard of it, but can't seem to find it around here. I like to look for interesting names of beers and ales and such - i.e. Old Engine Oil, Skull Splitter (one of my favorites - Guinness is my all time fav.) and others and take them to gatherings where you have to BYOB. Another favorite is a Belgian beer Rochefort 10 - it has a very high alcohol content and a Quadrupel, if anyone understands what that means!!! It is very drinkable, and it packs quite a wallop! If you drink it while sitting down and you go to get up, WOW! One other favorite is La Choufee.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 22-Jul-2007, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Kilt Lifter ale is brewed in Tempe AZ Here is a link.
http://www.fourpeaks.com/beers.asp

Gwynhwyvar, I can't believe you are able to get Skullspliter. I have to travel an hour and a half to get it. Good stuff though and well worth the trip.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 23-Jul-2007, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Robert - Smyrna World of Beverages - about 3 miles from where I live. They offer just about anything you would EVER want! beer_mug.gif beer_mug.gif
When one of the VERY friendly (as opposed to those that bug you) staff asks if you are finding everything alright, they will also ask you if there is anything that you are looking for that they may not have. So, every couple of weeks (payday to be exact) my husband and I stock up for the weekends.
PMEmail Poster               
rpeirson 
Posted: 25-Jul-2007, 12:40 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

male

Beer: Guinness of course or free, my two favorites

Licquor: Single Malt Scotch, favorite Glenmorangie, of course

--------------------
Lord Robert John
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]