Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

What are the cars you've always wanted?

Here's one of mine:

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 20-Jun-2005, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

A '63 T-bird (bulletbird), in black, white or red with a 390. I'm a hardtop guy, but I'd go for a Sports Roadster if it passed my way. They had a swing away steering column, and fenders that could eat a tire of any size. biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Jun-2005, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Those are nice, but I prefer the cruisers like the '59 Cadillac Eldorado or the '57 Chevy Bel-Air. The only sports car I would like is this:

user posted image

That's right, a 1967 Shelby Mustang biggrin.gif ...
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 20-Jun-2005, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I've got several levels, and I'm not specific on much of it.

level 1: What I really think would suit me best) Something like the Corolla I've got, but Fuel Cell instead of internal combustion

Level 2: got money to spend on a car) The new Shelby looks pretty sharp, but something like a classic GTO might fit better. This is also the time when I might consider getting a Camaro or the like. I really don't think I'd do any of these cars justice to have them though.

level 3: Money is no object) I'd spend most of my money elsewhere, but I'd have to find myself a 1980s Lamborghini Countauch, and restore it to factory condition.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
nehtar 
Posted: 24-Jun-2005, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacOak

Realm: colorado springs

male

Landrover 110 with a turbo 300D for playing in the dirt and 50s crown vic with the push button convertible hard top

--------------------
When your grandchild sits on your lap will all of your stories start with I could have, should have,or would have? Don't dream it, Be it.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 27-Jun-2005, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

I've been dreaming of my ultimate dream car since I was a kid, but my vision of that car has changed slightly over the years.

'66 AC Cobra 427 S/C

user posted image

I was born in a Chevy family, so I always wanted to use a 427 BBC in the Cobra, but now that I'm older, I realise how disrespectful that is to the legend. Well, sort of. The car was never intended to run a Ford powertrain. But that's how we all learned to love the ultimate racing roadster.

Aaed, fuel cells still use internal combustion, they just don't use any petroleum. Pure hydrogen combustion. smile.gif That's the cool thing about fuel cells. There isn't a heck of a lot of difference in engine architecture. We'll still get to hear the rumble-roar from the tail pipes, but there won't be anything but steam coming out. thumbs_up.gif
Montie, druid at heart 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

Porche 911.
I realize that this car would be expensive to own and drive and being a family man, I don't have one. I used it as a carrot to get me through college but never did buy one. Maybe one day.
PMEmail Poster               
Patriot1776 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: North Carolina

male

1977 Pontiac Trans Am Special Edition aka 'The Bandit'. I'd make a few changes to it though.

First, I'd swap a modern GM Gen III V8 in it with the modern fuel injection system for a little bit better fuel economy, and would run on E85.

Second, I'd put a six-speed manual transmission in it too to go with the V8. If it came with an automatic, I'd make sure the auto was tossed in the crusher to keep it from being used again in anything.

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)

--------------------
LP Vinyl Enthusiast - It really needs to be in LP vinyl format for me to most certainly get it. ^^

"Your brother brought me silver, and your sister warmed my soul, but now I laugh and pull so hard and see you swinging from the gallows pole!" - from the Led Zeppelin song "Gallows Pole", 'Led Zeppelin III' album.
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

if i had the money it would be a '64 E type Jag.(push button start)....had one in college, but needed the $$$ so i sold it

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

You had an E-type? blink.gif Damn. You just jumped about ten notches on my Respect-O-Metre. wink.gif
sisterknight 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

honey, i had lots of cars....'64 1/2 mustang with pistol grip, '70 opel, '56 chev bel aire

i've come down in the world these days i've got a '96 F150 laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Well, now my metre's busted!

wink.gif

My Dad always kicked himself for not buying an Opel GT when he had the chance. Mum and Dad were both as good as sold, when they decided a Valiant was more practical. sad.gif
Harlot 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Hello Boys, My dream car is the one I had in 1975. The joy of my life,1967 Chevy Supper Sport. 396 engine, 4 speed racing shifter,air shocks,70's on the back tries. I can remember coming into town and some silly boy would pull up to me at the stop light rav up his car so little ole me would do the same (loved the sound mine would make),they might say what can it do ,I would reply with something "OH I don't know". Then we would be off to Bulk Road where the 1/4 mile was marked off. She was never good at the start but oh boy when I would slammed it in second and waved to them as I drove by(smileing) what a feeling.

Burned the tries off one day for my Dad,Mom just stood there shaking her head,found out later she thinks I should of been born a BOY.

Then the day came that I had my brother in-law take my love to school so they could do some work on it. Some kid pulled a U turn right in front of him and totaled the front end. sad.gif crybaby.gif mad.gif I would love to have another one.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Patch 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (sisterknight @ 04-Nov-2008, 12:31 PM)
if i had the money it would be a '64 E type Jag.(push button start)....had one in college, but needed the $$$ so i sold it

I had a 63 XKE Roadster. I loved that car!! I was told that it was not a married man's car so to keep peace I sold it. I should have kept it. There was a 53 Buick Roadmaster. A white (all except carpet) 66 Bonneville convertible. The 57 Olds with the "J" engine was memorable too. Today's automobiles just do not compare. My insurance company puts out an antique car calender and I remember all of them from my youth.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 04-Nov-2008, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 04-Nov-2008, 05:11 PM)
I had a 63 XKE Roadster. I loved that car!! I was told that it was not a married man's car so to keep peace I sold it. I should have kept it. There was a 53 Buick Roadmaster. A white (all except carpet) 66 Bonneville convertible. The 57 Olds with the "J" engine was memorable too. Today's automobiles just do not compare. My insurance company puts out an antique car calender and I remember all of them from my youth.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Not a married man's car? Did this person who said that to you ever meet a married man? Cars are what most married men funnel their hopes and dreams into. tongue.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada. They provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Celt-Rock-Radio, A Celtic Christmas, SaltyDog Radio, Best of Celtic Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With MicroSoft Edge, Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]