Posted: 05-Nov-2007, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

This is a really great project. Jim was the long time lead singer for the Old Blind Dogs, one of Scotland's best known Trad bands (progressive Trad). Jim is a great interpreter of Robert Burns. He is well known for his guitar and harmonica playing.

Jim is a past Songwriter of the Year in Scotland. He continues to make great music!

Any of Jim's solo projects are well worth a listen. This coming Thursday (11-8) we are going to hear him in a small venue in Flagstaff. If you get the chance to hear Jim Malcolm perform, don't miss the opportunity! Acquaintance is his best project yet! It would be a great stocking stuffer for Christmas.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Vixie 
Posted: 24-Oct-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacRowan

Realm: SW Mountain Desert

female

Jim Malcolm's version of "Ae Fond Kiss" is the best I've ever heard, well infused with the gamut of emotions the Burns' poem intended.

If it's possible to fall in love with a voice, I'd have to say I'm guilty. Jim's voice is like a rich velvet robe wrapping one up in rich warmth on a cold winter's night. I am making it my goal to hear him sing live one day smile.gif

--------------------
Slàinte mhòr agus a h-uile beannachd duibh!
(Good health and every good blessing to you! -- Scots blessing)

Victoria Dunn, author writing under the pseudonym Ria MacAlister
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]