Posted: 19-Sep-2007, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Most of you know that I have a daughter and son-in-law who are serving the Lord in a foreign country. This country does not allow the preaching of the Gospel. Below you will find a letter from my son-in-law outlining what happened to them Sunday morning. Of course, I have omitted some names and other data to protect their security. I would sure appreciate your prayers for them.

Have a great day!

I would like to fill you in as to what took place last Sunday Morning. We arrived at church around 9:00 a.m. Immediately following Choir; a single police officer came into the meeting. He was very rude and demanded to talk to whoever was in charge. The woman who answered the door went to Brother _____ and took him to the police officer. At this time no one knew if a police force was waiting outside the door or not, in fact the police officer alluded to the fact that there was. After Brother ________ talked to him the police officer calmed down considerably. He then asked for all the foreigners’ information and Passport information (which is usually the first step they take to a house church raid). My information as well as Brother ______ was taken and he left saying that we would be arrested if we ever met there again. We did not have institute that evening and simply waited to be picked up. Usually if a force is not sent into the meeting the police officer will threaten in order to get some money out of the deal. We have now waited for three days and have heard nothing. This is not to say that tomorrow he could change his mind and arrest us, but it does seem unlikely. In fact today one of the members of the Church had lunch with the officer, and he commented that we had made a friend and we could continue to meet in the same location. This is very odd, and a bit confusing, however considering he knows where we live as well as all our visa and passport information we must comply. If we move, he will issue an arrest, if we stay we must cope with the fact that he may attempt to turn us in at his convenience. At this point it seems the Lord has granted us favor in the eyes of our enemies. Please continue to pray that we would be able to meet with no trouble. I certainly thank every one of you for your prayers and thoughts. I hesitated to call people with this information for fear of alarming people. However this kind of information is hard to mention without it being alarming. Just know that we trust the Lord completely and know that he can keep us here if it will glorify him. We love all of you and are thankful for you.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 21-Sep-2007, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Mark - y'all are definitely in our prayers. Please keep us posted.

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 01-Oct-2007, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
168,451 Gold!

Thanks for sharing. I pray for the Lord to put a hedge of protection around them. May God grant them wisdom.

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 02-Oct-2007, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Our thoughts and prayers are still with you and yours.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 03-Oct-2007, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Mark, I'm sorry I didn't find this thread earlier!

What a situation, like the Sword of Damocles over their heads all the time...
May your Lord bless and shelter them; they and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
hug.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 05-Oct-2007, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
168,451 Gold!

Just checking in to see if your family in the foreign land are ok. May God continue to bless them and do HIS great work in and thru them.

God Bless.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 06-Oct-2007, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (ogdenmusic @ 05-Oct-2007, 10:43 PM)
Just checking in to see if your family in the foreign land are ok. May God continue to bless them and do HIS great work in and thru them.

God Bless.

Thanks for asking. Joe, and thank to everyone for praying. So far, so good. They have stopped having choir as it makes too much noise and attracts attention. They are not having Bible Institute classes for the time being. The police officer that came into their church has told them they can continue to meet there. This is unheard of, but the Lord seems to be working!

The people of the church spread out their times of coming and going a bit more so as not to attract attention. Of course, this could all change in a day, but things are staying pretty calm and steady for right now. I will continue to keep everyone posted!

Lord bless!
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 07-Oct-2007, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
168,451 Gold!

That's good to hear, we continue to pray for their situation.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 08-Oct-2007, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Good to hear things are going well. Are they in contact with Voice of the Martyrs. Good organization that may be able to lend assistance.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 13-Oct-2007, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Thanks, Robert. They are familiar with VOM (great group!). Right now, thye are just trying to maintain a low profile. Their language studies are going well and the other missionary they are working with is still looking for another potential meeting place.

I will continue to keep everyone updated. Thanks, everybody!
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 13-Oct-2007, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Thanks Mark for keeping us posted. We are definitely praying for the situation. I'm glad to see y'all are familiar with VOM. At my church we are having our annual Reformed Bible Institute conference the first weekend of Nov. - this year we are having some speakers from VOM to speak about their work, etc.
We are looking forward to hearing them.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]