Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The World Is Changing, Better or worse?
Aaediwen 
Posted: 17-Aug-2004, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Where are we going?
Where have we been?
Do we ever really know where we are now?

A lot has changed in the world from the one we hear the stories of in these songs. Specially with the turn of the 20th century, My word has the world gone nuts! We could all go on and on and on and on and on about what has changed, and about all of the amazing new concepts that have come about. But is it all really for the better? Who are we as a race now?

We are slaves to routine. So trapped in a work-a-day world that we can't fathom how to escape. We spend time inside with electronics, instead of outside with nature and people. I know I'm as guilty as anyone else, if not more so. I get home, and I disappear into my little hole where I find myself sitting here online. Meanwhile, the world goes on... And strangely, I don't feel like I am missing much. There's something wrong there.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Aragorn 
Posted: 17-Aug-2004, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Middle Earth

male

Tunnel vision, we are so focused on our own little world that we can not see the world and the changes that are happening around us. I wonder sometimes why we choose to do the things that are meaningless and preoccupy our time just so we can escape. So is it changing for the better or worse? I must pose a two part question to add to this one, Will the changes affect me or my family and why should I care?

Technology is changing rapidly...why do I care?

for example: Intel is coming out with faster processors that are well over 3GHz in speed, who really needs this kind of speed and why?

We are living in a world that wants the latest and greatest and they want it now. Why, so we can be better then the next guy?

Well, the topic at hand...The world is changing. I think it is changing for the better in some areas like medicine and safety. Worse in areas like taking care of families and people, and technology.

Just my humble opinions.

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.
--Robert Louis Stevenson
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 17-Aug-2004, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo,
KUDOS to the 'world-a-changin' rolleyes.gif It has always changed and will always continue to do so...to spend my time worrying about if it is a good thing is anything but productive so, I accept it for the most part and make the best of all the changes and what they have to offer...the 'things/changes' that perhaps I don't agree with is just another example of change..bottom line, the world will never cease to change, only some people and in my opinion, that is when people slowly 'die/fade' out without a clue and in some cases without a choice sad.gif
Tis only my opinion and I did read the warning outside the door ~enter at your own risk~ whistling.gif
~~May you enjoy all that Mother Earth has to offer
Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]