Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Highland Pasta With Smoked Salmon, Recipe by Delia Smith
Catriona 
Posted: 21-Jan-2004, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

This is what we're having for dinner tonight! I really like some of Delia Smith's recipes - ont flashy, just excellent ingredients and well-written recipes. It only takes about 20 minutes from start to serve! I use either tagliatelle or farfalle pasta for this dish.

Highland Pasta with Smoked Salmon by Delia Smith

I was given this recipe when I went to the Isle of Skye to write about salmon farming on the Strathaird Estate. It makes a very special and extremely quick supper dish for two people, or it can be served as a starter for four. It is good with any pasta shape; tagliatelle or campanelli are good.

4 oz (110 g) pasta
8 oz (225 g) smoked salmon
1 oz (25 g) butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed with 1 teaspoon salt
4 oz (110 g) chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 level teaspoon mild curry powder
1 level tablespoon plain flour
5 fl oz (150 ml) white wine
2 level tablespoons crème fraîche

Begin by melting the butter in a solid-based frying pan, then add the onion and sauté over a low heat until soft. This will take about 7 minutes. Now add the crushed garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Next mix the curry powder and flour together and stir these into the butter to soak up all the juices. Then add the wine gradually, stirring briskly after each addition and, when all the wine is added, cook for a further 3 minutes before finally adding the crème fraîche.

The sauce is now ready and can be made up to this stage in advance, but lay a piece of clingfilm over the surface if you're not using it immediately. When you're ready to cook the pasta place a large saucepan with plenty of lightly salted water on to boil and cook the pasta for 10 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking, but still retains some bite.

Meanwhile, tear little pieces of smoked salmon lengthways into strips, then reheat the sauce and add the salmon at the very last minute, just before serving.

Now drain the pasta, return it to the pan, then quickly stir in the sauce and smoked salmon and serve at once in deep heated bowls.

This recipe is taken from The Delia Collection: Fish
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]