Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Http://www.scottishradio.net/scottish/lochnenessie, Is she real or not?
scottish2 
  Posted: 17-Dec-2001, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Thanks! I see you like my list of Nessie sites. How do you like my nessie monster? Got it from another site (With permission might I add)

As far as Nessie not sure what to make of it hoax or real. I didn't see the show on the moon but my wife did and she's one of the last to think of governemnt coverups and such but even she wonders after watching that show. I personally wouldn't put it past our government to pull something like that.  :0
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 17-Dec-2001, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Yeah they say they have similar "Monsters" in some of the bigger lakes in the states but I seriously doubt it I think they just want the attention. :0
PMEmail Poster               
kylassie 
Posted: 18-Dec-2001, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Kentucky

Okay, this is a technical question regarding the message board. When I developed this post, the title was simply "Nessie" and then "Is she real or not?" However, after I submitted the post, instead of "Nessie" as the title , this whole entire string of URL code showed up in the spot where I thought I had typed "Nessie" - is there any way this error can be fixed?  There is a way to edit messages, but I do not see any way to edit TITLES of messages.

Any advice or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Slainte,

Janet

--------------------
Slainte,

Janet

aka Kentucky Lassie

aka Janet, Queen of Scots :p
PMEmail Poster               
kylassie 
Posted: 19-Dec-2001, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

As I continue my efforts to learn the truth regarding Nessie the Loch Ness Monster, I find that there are two camps - those who believe based on faith alone, and those who doubt because of lack of scientific evidence.

According to what I have been able to ascertain thus far, there have been sightings of a "creature" in the Loch for at least 100 years and perhaps longer. Believers maintain that there is a group or a "pod" of the creatures living in subterranean caves deep within the Loch. I have also noticed that believers are able to sight the creature(s) based on the ripples in the water, or upon the appearance of "humps" on the surface and that perhaps the "creatures" are too shy to make a full appearance?

Scientists on the other hand, are doing extensive research of the Loch and have not been able to provide conclusive evidence one way or the other regarding the creature. #1 problem the water is very murky and visibility underwater is nill, so that underwater cameras are basically useless. #2 The Loch is very deep and very irregular shaped so that makes sonar technology ineffective and very hard to detect creatures or other underwater objects with any measure of accuracy. #3 The above ground time-lapse type cameras have not really been able to detect anything either, and if a ripple is detected by the camera, is it a creature, or just a bit of wind blowing across the Loch? Are the "humps" creature(s) or bits of logs or other naturally occuring materials floating around on the surface?

So I guess the mystery of the Loch Ness Monster is considered a childish myth by some, like belief in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny, but for others it is a serious business for those who wish to prove once and for all if the creature exists or not. Plus there is a huge reward being offered for proof positive evidence!

P.S. I am still not sure which "camp" I belong to - lets just say I am cautiously optimistic.  :D
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 19-Dec-2001, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Congrates. And to think awhile back you mailed me asking how long you would have to remain a mere peasant.  :D  told you you'd join the upper ranks fast enough. And already voted though was planning on a quick post just didn't have time this morning will do right now.  :)
PMEmail Poster               
kylassie 
  Posted: 17-Dec-2001, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

I had a very interesting discussion recently with a very charming Scottish Lad, regarding whether or not Appollo Astronauts ever really landed on the moon. It seems he had watched that Fox Broadcast and now is thoroughly convinced that the whole U.S. Space program was a huge hoax designed to win our Cold War with the Soviet Union.

So I asked him if there really was a monster in Loch Ness, or is it a huge hoax designed to dupe tourists into spending their hard earned money? I used the same arguments he had given me about our moon program. Now, I am researching what is currently known about the Nessie on the Internet. I am not sure if I am totally convinced one way or the other regarding this issue.

There is a very good list of sites on the Scottish Thistle pages at http://www.scottishradio.net/scottish/Lochness.htm

I would be interested to hear what others have to say regarding the issue of "Is there really a Loch Ness Monster, or not?"  There is one world famous photograph of Nessie that has since proved to be a hoax, just a clay model built upon a toy submarine. But just because the photo is a fake, does that mean that Nessie is a fake, too?
 ;)

Slainte,

Janet
PMEmail Poster               
kylassie 
Posted: 17-Dec-2001, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

:D I do like those pages Scottish2. There are a few million other sites too, but you seem to have found some of the best of them! I was on one site where Nessie kept appearing and dissappearing on the monitor, so that was pretty cool. Your Nessie is neat!

I know that I live near a large dam, and divers there claim that there are some monster-sized catfish, supposedly bigger than a man, that live in the bottom of the lake. The theory is that the fish will grow to fit the size of their environment. Also, there is a nuclear plant near here that might have something to do with it too. (I am a huge Godzilla fan, can't you tell? :D  )  So I guess in a sense we have our own Lake Monsters!

Now if Nessie exists, shouldn't someone have found her (or them, since there is probably more than one) by now? The scientists have used a lot of technology, but have come up empty handed.
PMEmail Poster               
  Posted: 17-Dec-2001, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Quote from kylassie, posted on Dec. 16 2001,07:32
I had a very interesting discussion recently with a very charming Scottish Lad, regarding whether or not Appollo Astronauts ever really landed on the moon. It seems he had watched that Fox Broadcast and now is thoroughly convinced that the whole U.S. Space program was a huge hoax designed to win our Cold War with the Soviet Union.

So I asked him if there really was a monster in Loch Ness, or is it a huge hoax designed to dupe tourists into spending their hard earned money? I used the same arguments he had given me about our moon program. Now, I am researching what is currently known about the Nessie on the Internet. I am not sure if I am totally convinced one way or the other regarding this issue.

There is a very good list of sites on the Scottish Thistle pages at http://www.scottishradio.net/scottish/Lochness.htm

I would be interested to hear what others have to say regarding the issue of "Is there really a Loch Ness Monster, or not?"  There is one world famous photograph of Nessie that has since proved to be a hoax, just a clay model built upon a toy submarine. But just because the photo is a fake, does that mean that Nessie is a fake, too?
 ;)

Slainte,

Janet

I like to think there is a Nessie in Loch Ness. Who knows for sure.  If there is, she sure is shy and doesn't like to be photographed.  I tried to spy her on a web cam but she just wouldn't show.  Maybe having a bad day and didn't want to make an appearance.  I live close to the New River and I have heard of some really big catfish that have been seen next to the dam.  Who knows what might be lurking in the waters with all the pollution going into them.  Good morrow  maggiemahone1

scottish2 
Posted: 18-Dec-2001, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Not sure. I'm in and out of moderator position so not sure if I can adjust posts directly or not. All I can suggest if you haven't already is try editing your first post to this thread maybe you can adjust that posts title and such not sure whay it would convert it unless somehow you pasted the URL and didn't realize it. Other then that not sure.  ???
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
  Posted: 19-Dec-2001, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

What's this about Santa? He's real I know it for sure. I see him all over the forum.

See there he is above :p
PMEmail Poster               
kylassie 
Posted: 19-Dec-2001, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

1st Queen of Scotland

ZodiacBirch

Don't forget to vote! I posted a poll, just to see if I could get it to work for me. So far 100% believe in Nessie !

:p

I fixed it so that after you cast your vote you can also post a message.

You will get bonus points for voting and posting on the Nessie issue!!! You too can become a "Guardian of Scotland!" It is easy to earn your ranking with this program!  :D

Slainte,

Janet
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]