Posted: 20-May-2008, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

It's been about a year since I read all books in the Narnia series so I had forgotten a great deal about this particular book. Which is probably good since then I could just judge the movie on its own and not be comparing constantly (as I do in the Harry Potter movies). I loved the bagpipe bit also! And the first time you meet Reepicheep - that was great.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 23-May-2008, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Well, we did the midnight Indiana Jones extravaganza and I must say that we need to go back and see it when our brains are a little more...awake?...to make a a final decision on this one. Initially, I'm thinking it's good but not the strongest of the four. There are a few slow parts. But there are lots of good parts. So, I haven't decided on a rating yet but I would give it a thumbs up.

One cool thing was that our tickets were actually for the overflow theatre (although they weren't supposed to have done that) so there was one theatre that was totally packed and then ours which had maybe 75 people. Which was totally cool because for the first hour it was just my group and about 4 other people. We said we were the VIP group and it was a private screening.

After the show, my SO and my 16-year-old went out to the parking lot and put on an impromptu whipcracking exhibition. That was lots of fun. I think we got home at about 3:45 in the morning. Lots of fun!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-May-2008, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Saw "Knocked Up" the other night. If you can get over some of the crudeness, it was a very funny and good movie with a wonderful ending. Loved it!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 27-May-2008, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Okay, we went back to see Indy two more times this weekend and I am going to revise my post to say that it is really great! I think that sometimes the midnight movie experience (although quite an awesome thing) is almost too much of a build-up for any movie to live up to. After a couple of days, we went back and I enjoyed it so much more. And the third time was even better. So, yes, go to see it - you'll be glad you did (unless you're like us who are a little unhappy over the number of whipcracks that he performed. But, if you read the book, you'll see that he used the whip no less than 9 times! I guess that makes up for it)

BTW, since it takes place in 1957 - those of us of a "certain age" will appreciate it more than the younger set.

wink.gif
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 28-May-2008, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Michael Clayton...enjoyed it.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Evan Almighty! It was a very clean and fun movie. Had a great ending as well. Despite it all, I found the movie to have some very important messages. Hope you all enjoy as much as I did.
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 30-May-2008, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

Just saw Sweeney Todd last week (loved it), who knew Johnny Depp could sing too?!

I was a little disappointed with Indiana Jones though sad.gif I didn't care for the ending, but the family aspect of the plot was good.

Going to see Sex and the City tomorrow night. I'll have to tell you what I think.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 01-Jun-2008, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (pretentiouswombat @ 27-May-2008, 12:33 PM)
BTW, since it takes place in 1957 - those of us of a "certain age" will appreciate it more than the younger set. wink.gif

Hi Patti,

My wife and I saw IJ4 last week and we really liked it - I actually thought it was going to be more violent, but I was pleasantly surprised in every aspect. My wife loved the wedding, but she's always been that way.

In the quote that I'm taking from you, I would have been seven years old when this took place, and I very much agree, I can start to relate to it more! Especially the "Commy-hunting" of the day and the FBI paranoia.

What surprised me the most was seeing that Cate Blanchett was the actor who played Colonial Dr. Irina Spalko - I didn't recognize her in that short wig! Boy, she was cute before she ... well, maybe I better not give that away! wink.gif

I guess being "of a certain age" has it's benefits.

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Saw "There Will Be Blood" this weekend. Yes, Daniel Day-Lewis should have earned "Best Actor' but I found the movie itself to be very boring the first hour and depressing on a whole.

Watched "Good Will Hunting" the other night. Now that is a terrific movie in more ways than one!
Leelee 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Hope Floats
PM               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 02-Jun-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I finally got to see The Secret of Roan Inish last night. I got tired of waiting for our local video store to get in in dvd so I went 45 minutes to another video store in Ashland were my wife works and rented it to there. Great movie. I love the story telling parts in it. Made me wish they would make Frank Delany's "Ireland" into a movie with all its mini mythological irish stories woven into the context of the larger story. I'll be buying this one on my next trip to Best Buy.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Jun-2008, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

IRON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clap.gif clap.gif

Listen y'all, I didn't expect to like this movie THAT much but I've always enjoyed Robert Downey Jr. as an actor (have you seen 'Chaplin'? If not, DO. He's astonishing.) but couldn't imagine him as a comic book hero. He carries it off perfectly, and with a glint in his eye makes it look fun doing it. And the special effects, oh my word that suit is just the coolest thing ever!

I confess I do love good special effects. rolleyes.gif

Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
mainopsman 
Posted: 04-Jun-2008, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Dundalk, Maryland

male

I got to see "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" on its first day of release. I was surprised to see Harrison Ford, (who is the same age as me) doing the part so well. The only thing I would recommend is seeing the 3 first Indiana Jones films before see this one. The reason is there are a lot of little things that happen that will be enjoyed by those who have seen the three previous films, then just seeing this one first. It does make the film a lot more fun. Ford is excellent as he is in all his performances.

JIM (mainopsman) thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Dedicate some of your life to others. Your dedication will not be a sacrifice. It will be an exhilarating experience because it is intense effort applied toward a meaningful end. Dr. Thomas Dooley
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 04-Jun-2008, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I broke down and decided to watch several of the movies I've wanted to see over the past few years but never got around to seeing. All were excellent! They were:

The Golden Compass
The Seeker
Pan's Labyrinth
Eragon
The Water Horse
Bridge to Terabithia

I highly recommend them!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Leelee 
Posted: 09-Jun-2008, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

The Secret Garden
Fallen Knight
Ocean's 13
Beowulf & Grendel
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]