And where do stars go in daylight
Questions that I hold so dear
Now just fill my eyes with tears
Daddy this... Daddy that...
Oh how I miss... Hearing that

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 30-Apr-2008, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (John Clements @ 30-Apr-2008, 10:55 AM)
Daddy this… Daddy that…
Questions that I can’t get back
Why do stars shine at night
And where do stars go in daylight
Questions that I hold so dear
Now just fill my eyes with tears
Daddy this… Daddy that…
Oh how I miss… hearing that

JC. I miss those days also. For some strange reason they have to grow up don't they.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 30-Apr-2008, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

It's amazing how fast they grow up. As frustrating as the "teen" years were at times (I was a single parent and they out numbered me) I still miss it!

Slàinte,  

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 30-Apr-2008, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

John,

This is a very beautiful poem dedicated to your daughter. At least you can write what's in your heart. My Dad is a great man with many good qualities but unfortunately he is an alcoolic and unable to say or write what really is in his heart. For him it's impossible. I would've like to have my parent saying to me or even showing to me the love of a father toward his kid.
Thank you for sharing. And like I said in the topic "poems" you a good crack at politics but better in poems and songs.
LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Leelee 
Posted: 30-Apr-2008, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Verra, verra nice John...it is wonderful to read something that is composed by someone that can place what is in his/her own words, what is on their mind and also what is in their heart....just brilliant smile.gif thumbs_up.gif

I also direct this statement to everyone else that submit their composed poems to posts...we have many talented people in this community biggrin.gif thumbs_up.gif
PM               
John Clements 
Posted: 01-May-2008, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 30-Apr-2008, 06:34 PM)
John,

This is a very beautiful poem dedicated to your daughter. At least you can write what's in your heart. My Dad is a great man with many good qualities but unfortunately he is an alcoolic and unable to say or write what really is in his heart. For him it's impossible. I would've like to have my parent saying to me or even showing to me the love of a father toward his kid.
Thank you for sharing. And like I said in the topic "poems" you a good crack at politics but better in poems and songs.
LOA

Hi Lady of Avalon, You know my parents had a lot of difficulty showing open affection too. In fact I believe that Celtic people in general, have difficulty showing affection openly. (Of course present company would be excluded.) I also believe that we all have to speak from the heart. Otherwise, no one would know what’s in it.
Anyway, thank you for the encouraging words about my attempts at writing, and that also goes for Camac, Patch, and Leelee.
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 01-May-2008, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (John Clements @ 01-May-2008, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 30-Apr-2008, 06:34 PM)
John,

LOA

Hi Lady of Avalon, You know my parents had a lot of difficulty showing open affection too. In fact I believe that Celtic people in general, have difficulty showing affection openly. (Of course present company would be excluded.) I also believe that we all have to speak from the heart. Otherwise, no one would know what’s in it.
Anyway, thank you for the encouraging words about my attempts at writing, and that also goes for Camac, Patch, and Leelee.
JC

My Mom was a pretty strict disciplinarian and by to-days standards I was an abused child. My step-Dad didn't interfere to much mainly because he was always away working overseas. The discipline didn't seem to cause me much damage but I was determiined that my girls would be raised differently and shown all the affection that I could muster. They weren't spoiled but they got all the love I could give them. Fortunately their Mother felt the same way and to be honest (maybe biased) they grew into two loving caring young women. John I can tell that you feel about your daughter how I feel about mine.

Camac.

UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 07-Jul-2008, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

Kids, who needs em? WE DO!!!!!!!!
Nice poem JC.
USN

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]