Posted: 11-May-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I see our membership growing by the day and I wonder why more folks ar not using the forums to communicate. This is a fun place with many areas to explore and meet folks not to mention the great music. Talk, laugh, share or just plain have fun. I look forward to more folks participating here so I can meet them.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Donajhi 
Posted: 31-May-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Fae Hillfort

female

Hey Shadows, I've been checking in on this post to see if the new ones would respond and I'm sad to see no movement. Very strange, perhaps the new ones are a bit fearful or just don't know what to say......any ideas I can help with?????

--------------------
CHECK MY SITE: BEYOND THE VEIL http://www.gmadventures.com

"I DID NOT, IT WAS THE FAIRY FOLK!"

Scottish by the grace of God

Fairy Day countdown banner

DIOGENES HAS PASSED ME THE LANTERN, STILL LOOKING.....
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 13-Jun-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I've been in cemeteries that are livelier than this site! Unfortunately... sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 14-Jun-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

This had used to be a great place but is more or less deserted now sad.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 18-Jun-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I am wondering if web forums such as CR.net have a shelf life, so to speak. That is, they will thrive for a period of time, but for whatever reason, participation drops off. I once read that a typical shopping mall only has a 20 year life span. That after that period people tend to shop somewhere else and the mall is eventually torn down. Maybe CR.net has outlived it's usefulness?
Just my two cents...

This post has been edited by j Padraig moore on 18-Jun-2013, 09:23 AM
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 18-Jun-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 18-Jun-2013, 09:22 AM)
I am wondering if web forums such as CR.net have a shelf life, so to speak. That is, they will thrive for a period of time, but for whatever reason, participation drops off. I once read that a typical shopping mall only has a 20 year life span. That after that period people tend to shop somewhere else and the mall is eventually torn down. Maybe CR.net has outlived it's usefulness?
Just my two cents...

Interesting comments all. Hey JP, how are you? Old Blind Dogs are trying to get legal issues resolved so they can tour in the US again. Hope they get it solved.

I don't know if Facebook or other social media have caused the use of the forums to decrease. I am not a Facebook guy, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I still think this is a great place. Life changes sometimes preclude deeper involvement, I think. My absence hss not been because of a lack of interest. Life changes and the busyness of things have kept me occupied.

Not sure that we will ever have the level of participation back in the "old days" but that does not mean this cannot still be a meaningful place.

I think we still have a shelf life for CR Forums. With all the work Paul puts into this and the enjoyment I (we) find here, I hope the forums will continue to play a major role.

Have a great day, everyone!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
Shadows 
Posted: 18-Jun-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Amen haynes9. The number don't lie, we still have many visiters here a day,they just don't post as much anymore.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Jun-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,628 Gold!

The forums use to be extremely popular back in 2008 when facebook came along and pretty much sucked out our social network! smile.gif

Still, the assessment in this thread is correct. There are many users of this site, they just do not post much in the forum. And across our music channels we have literally thousands of listeners in any one day.

Most people today do their socializing on facebook and mobile apps. It is hard to compete with, but the numbers do not lie and our monthly google adsense revenue does not reflect a place that is deserted!; )

We've made a decision not to change the site for the foreseeable future - if ever. To be honest with you, I think it would be a big turn off to our members if they signed on and found a completely different site.

So we are going to stay like this with the open sign hung proudly on the front door. The Lord of the Dance will be playing and the coffee hot and the Guinness cold!

We have a new site planned that is going to contain all of the bells and whistles that you find on the big social media sites. MyCelticFriends.com will take about a year to develop, but the technology behind it will work with a mobile app and more. It will not be a replacement to Celtic Radio though.

CelticRadio.net is 12 years and running and will be here for the next 12 years and the next 12 years after that. biggrin.gif I certainly hope to see some of the original members on here, but if not, then there is always the music! thumbs_up.gif walkman.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 20-Jun-2013, 03:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

There is a place for everything. One cannot compare facebook to Celtic Radio.
I agree that facebook sucked up activity here. I'm a facebook user, too because it is a great possibility to communicate with my friends abroad.

While faebook is a very general thing, Celtic Radio is a site for special topics, all things Celtic. People with interest in it will always be here, no longer as activwithin posting as it was back then, but they are here.

I have been absent myself for quite a while due to occurences in my life, I came back and still feel like home. So it`s up to us to bring back some activity and try to motivate new members to start posting, too?

To sum it up - this site hasn't lost its usefulness. The big number of listeners shows thatt. I'm glad you don't get discouraged, Paul, please keep up the great work. If life won't get too crazy again for me I will stay to be a regular again.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]