Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Has The Court Jester Been Executed?, Where's Maisky?
MDF3530 
  Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (JaneyMae @ 01-Mar-2005, 03:51 PM)
Pay Pal? I love pay pal....I can spen money even faster with pay pal.

Just don't respond to the emails supposedly from them saying they had an internal server error & need your credit card number again.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

fear.gif really? unsure.gif oops.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 01-Mar-2005, 01:21 PM)
Yes, the site is evolving. It's evolving into Wall-Mart. Seems everyone is too busy watching the numbers go up to notice the foundation faltering. Is the site going to dissapear? No. Not likely. But it's not going to be what it used to be, that's for sure. It already isn't.

I guess I'm still somewhat of a newbie here - been here less than a year. But I'm not sure that I understand exactly what the older members are talking about. How is the site different now than it was in "the old days"? Sure some of the older faces are missing, and I assume that most of that was over the Peckery issue. But I'm not sure what you mean by comments like the above. Please understand that I am not trying to stir up trouble. I just feel like mushroom here... You say it is different... HOW is it different... please enlighten me...

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
241,569 Gold!

I'd like to know how it is different too, so I am right with you Wizard!

Of course, you all didn't here of my plan to give everyone a smiley sticker that comes on to the site - - did you!!!!

thumbs_up.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

beer_mug.gif time for a cold one everyone - rounds on me!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Macfive: WizardofOwls: We've got a different set of faces. Doesn't seem like we have as many musicians posting anymore like there used to be That's some of what I see as different

Mac's buying the booze? Set me up with a white russian and a couple rattlesnakes!

Burn any Mr. Smiley who worked for Wal-Mart though. If they didn't work for Wally world, he can stay smile.gif the ones working for Wal Mart are infested with Evil. This comming from a state with a "Death to Smiley" campeign. Yes, a lot of us hate the current design of the Kentucky license plate. Looks like Wal-Mart funded it. I spent a little extra to make sure I didn't have it on the back of my Corolla. Got a horse instead smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

You know, I really love this place. It's the only real forum I've ever been involved with. The chat room here is still the only chat room I've ever been in. When I get on the internet, CR is the last place I visit - and that is a GOOD thing! smile.gif I check my e-mail first, then I try to get through all of the other sites I check in on (maybe 2 or 3 at most) so that I can get all of that other junk out of the way. Then I can settle in on CR for the rest of the evening and chat with with all of you, my friends. I can share my friends' lives here... I laugh with you, I cry with you, I get angry with you, and I hope and dream for you. I really do love this place, and not for the music. You know before I got my new computer, I couldn't even listen to the music! My computer was so old, it couldn't support the music. I would lose my internet connection jsut about everytime I tried. so pretty much the ONLY reason that I came here was for the people. YOU guys. You make CR for me. Without you it'd be no better than any other site.

So when I read about all of the dissention and unrest here, it really disturbs me. It makes me wonder what I've missed. What has happened that so many of you feel differently about the place? Each and every time someone makes the decision not to come back, I feel like I've lost a friend. I know that's kinda simple and perhpas a little naive of me, but its the truth. Can't we just get along and lay all of the sore feelings to rest once and for all?
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Kentucky put smilies on their lisence plates? How tacky is that? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image
Aaediwen 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Wiz: sometimes it is a good friend who leaves. I know I'm bad for not keeping in touch too. But more often than not, people leave on good terms. Whatever happens, life goes on smile.gif Hope the best, remember, and if you can, keep in touch.

IS: I agree. The overall color scheme is nice, but smiley needs to go. If I recall correctly, between 8 vehicles owned by my parents, myself, my sister and her husband, and a couple of my friends, only 2 of them have the stock plate. Every one of the others has a different plate on it. No two the same.
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

PEACE FOR EVERYONE AT CR!

I just want us all to move on...This is a great site!!!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

user posted image

Oh my!

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 01-Mar-2005, 06:04 PM)
user posted image

Oh my!

Not to offend anyone from Kentucky but is that ever tacky. Kindergartner stuff..?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
241,569 Gold!

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 01-Mar-2005, 06:42 PM)
So when I read about all of the dissention and unrest here, it really disturbs me. It makes me wonder what I've missed. What has happened that so many of you feel differently about the place? Each and every time someone makes the decision not to come back, I feel like I've lost a friend. I know that's kinda simple and perhpas a little naive of me, but its the truth. Can't we just get along and lay all of the sore feelings to rest once and for all?

There is no dissention and there is no unrest. I really feel like a handful of people are spreading this around and it simply is not true.

We have so many wonderful people here on the forum that sometimes an outspoken voice or two will overshadow all of the good. So sit back and enjoy the site. Members come and members - it really is a natural flow of people and it resembles real life....do we all go to the same exact store every weekend or see the same movie?

And as far as musicians coming on to the site, we have occasional musicians that pass by, but remember, musicians are very busy people. Heck, it sometimes takes me 3 months to get an email reply. We have had offers for musicians to engage in chat and such; but I just do not feel ready for that yet.

We also have not even started to promote this site. Up until now CelticRadio.net is pretty much word of mouth and search engine driven. Once I get some PR materials together on CR and the "STORY" of CR I am certain that I can get in some local newspapers like the Boston Globe or the Herald and thats just the start......but not yet, I am still developing the site!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 01-Mar-2005, 08:06 PM)

Not to offend anyone from Kentucky but is that ever tacky. Kindergartner stuff..?

Slainte smile.gif

I can't speak for BluegrassLady or Haldur, but you're not going to offend me with it unless you start thinking I designed it personally. I want to repeat myself in saying "Death to Smiley". But I think a large portion of this state would agree with you rather than be offended.

It's bad isn't it wink.gif Whatever those folks in Frankfort were smoking a couple years ago, I don't wanna know. Just hope they can redeem themselves of this atrocity next time they change the plate.

I think I've said my peace and should duct tape my mouth shut to just reading this thread for a while, and stop posting in it long enough for Haldur and BluegrassLady to get a word in edgewise smile.gif
Aaediwen 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 01-Mar-2005, 09:28 PM)

We also have not even started to promote this site. Up until now CelticRadio.net is pretty much word of mouth and search engine driven. Once I get some PR materials together on CR and the "STORY" of CR I am certain that I can get in some local newspapers like the Boston Globe or the Herald and thats just the start......but not yet, I am still developing the site!

Should I attempt to contact the Lexington paper? What with St. Patty's day right on us and all... smile.gif They might like telling people about a Celtic Internet radio station. Who knows.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

We may not see things eye to eye on certain issues, I do think we can agree that the music is great.

...and then there is the MODERATORS!!!! laugh.gif
this is a funplace for me, if I want stress I can watch the news, ...I refuse to get stressed here, it's not worth the energy. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Everybody belly up to the bar at The Pub, crack a few jokes, flirt a little, have fun...beer.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]