> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey JP! Good to hear from you! I have never been to Kentucky, but hear it is beautiful there. My hubby's mother and family are from there. Glad you are doing well. Hope you have a good and relaxing weekend.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Apr-2005, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone! Hope all of you had a wonderful day. Mine was pretty good.

Hi CR, yes Tai Chi helps my back and my knees. I would recommend it to any age. I am a firm believer in mind body connection. At least you do have the warm weather. The news said the fire was still under investigation not good..

Got to finish checking the forums, hope to be around this weekend a bit. I want to get some scrapbooking done..

Have a good evening everyone.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 24-Apr-2005, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi All,

Lots of company this week. Hubby's sister and spouse arrived on Thursday, then some old friends of my mom's arrived on Friday. They are all heading home from visits to Florida. Not sure how long they will be here with us. Always nice to have people visit but sometimes it is so exhausting. smile.gif

Weather has not been too pleasant the past couple of days here in the bluegrass. Heavy rains and chance of frost!! Can you believe it? Had to cover all the plants to protect them. The ones that I hadn't planted yet are in the laundry room. 70's and 80's the past two weeks and then when company comes it turns nasty!! Oh well, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and maybe reach 60. Shouldn't complain, I guess. All of our company is from Michigan and they have had snow this weekend!! sad.gif

Hope everyone is doing fine.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Apr-2005, 02:41 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there everyone!

Been a very busy day for me too. I went to church and then had friends up for lunch and spent the day with us. Then worked in the yard a little and took a nap. Played on here for a wee bit and had to get off to watch one of my favorite TV shows. Weather here has been cool and breezy and threatening to rain but never did. Got some new books to read today so I am excited about that.

Bluegrasslady, it is exhausting having company. I took a spiritual gift class once and I scored very low on hospitality! laugh.gif It is something that I am just not good at and really don't enjoy it to be honest with you. I like my privacy in my own home too much I guess. I am having guests come stay in my home this summer and as much as I am looking forward to seeing them, I am dreading the stress of what and how to feed and entertain them while here. unsure.gif Most folks I am talking to are having snow too, BGL. I just can't imagine. I am lucky to be living in the dry desert!

Hey Rindy! Glad to hear the Tai Chi helps your back. I have never done that. I used to do yoga religiously and then switched to pilates. I work on an exercise ball now. That really helps. Hope you have had a good weekend and will have a good week.

Night everyone.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 25-Apr-2005, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hello all!
Well I wish I could say I am having a good day, but not really.
My oldest son is coming home from college at the end of this week. A few months back he and a friend applied for summer jobs, as groundskeepers at a local golf course. I asked - no pleaded - with him to make a follow-up phone call, especially when they posted a sign, asking for applicants.
But would he do it? Of course not - he could not be bothered!
So today I made the call for him. You guessed it! They hired their staff for the summer and he is not one of them!

I am so ticked at him right now. But mom is going to be furious! She is so worried that he will not find a job. Then he may not be returning to school in the fall.

Sorry buddy. You may learned a very hard lesson here.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Apr-2005, 08:52 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everyone,

Its been a very emotional day for a very dear friend of mine and myself. It made me realize that I will always call this place home. I can always come here and feel good again.
You are all very dear to me and I am very thankful you are in my lifes..
This is truly a good place!!!

Bless all of you,
Mary

JP, hang in there. You can love him but it doesn't mean you have to love his actions... It will get better in time..I learned a very good lesson today also.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Elly 
Posted: 25-Apr-2005, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacReed

female

Yes I totally agree biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Whoo Hoo!! toot.gif

Just got a new CPU at work today. Now with a couple of clicks, I am listening to Highlander radio! Before, I had to wait up to five minutes for it to load.

Have to turn the volume down though - kinda loud (sorry, bagpipes are not real conducive to a work environment)

Sweet!

band.gif
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

QUOTE (BluegrassLady @ 24-Apr-2005, 08:39 AM)
All of our company is from Michigan and they have had snow this weekend!! sad.gif

crybaby.gif Yeah we had a snow storm for two days! I was so mad.

As they say here, if you don't like Michigan's weather, wait a day. How true. Last two weeks, beautiful. It felt like spring was here, warm sun, green grass. And out of nowhere, a snow storm. And now two days later the snow is melted, the sun was out and yesterday was nice out. It's been raining here all day today, but it's better than snow.

My uncle's father passed away last night, so I have been making phone calls and helping out with preperations for his funeral this Friday. Tomorrow I will probably doing the same, running dinner for them and helping out with the flowers, ect. He was such a sweet man. I won't be able to go to the funeral on Friday, watching my cousin's children so they can go, but I will be going to his showing on Thursday.

I hope everyone's week goes a little bit better smile.gif

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi everyone,

Our company left for Michigan today...hope they don't run into any trouble. It has been raining all day. Definitely a lazy kind of day. After having company I am usually ready for a do nothing day.

Emerald-eyewanderer....so sorry about your uncle. I can tell you from recent experience that the help you will be rendering will be so appreciated. It is so thoughtful of you!! smile.gif

Rindy....I am sorry that you are having a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.

Rose....I agree with you. I like to think that I enjoy all that comes with having company but, honestly, sometimes it is just so much effort. If I didn't stress out so much beforehand: cleaning, planning meals and things to do, I probably wouldn't be so relieved when it is back to just hubby and myself.
wink.gif

JP...Glad to hear about your new CPU. Some bagpipe music would certainly liven things up at work!!
Also wanted to add my encouragement to you and your wife. Been there. I've lost count of the times I have told my two kids that even tho I loved them, I didn't like their choices. You are right about life being the best teacher. Good luck!!
smile.gif

Hope everyone has a good evening.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Apr-2005, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hallo everyone,

Well the wonderful lady that started this thread isn't here due to computer problems. Today was better than yesterday but since Celtic Rose is gone it isn't the same.

Thanks Bluegrass Lady you are sweet.

Jpmoore, I am glad you can listen to Highlander at work.
The pipes are always on in my house..

Wizard went and found me on another forum and told me about CelticRose bless him. He is a wonderful man..

The pipes are always on in my house..
Emerald I know what you mean snow NO MORE....
. It is suppose to be nasty weather the next few days. I could stand rain but the snow is suppose to be over...Well its almost time to turn in for the night.

Everybody have a good night!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Thanks Rindy. Being the kind of dad that I am, I have placed a couple of online applications for him, "posing" as my son. (Is that wrong? - in my best George Costanza impersonation)

Hope to see Rosie again soon.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey!

Where has dragonboy been?

Kind of miss him...
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hallo everyone!

Celtic Rose, hope you get back soon...Miss you.

JpMoore, no I don't think it was wrong of you at all. I don't know where dragonboy is, the last I saw of a post was when his grandparent was in the hospital. I think about him a lot. ITs no fun to be picked on at any age.. Hope he comes back.

Wizard how did your court deal go? Been thinking about you today wondering if you said it was today or tomorrow.. My, old age.

I woke up to snow, been snowing all day suppose to get six more inches tomorrow. I am tired of Christmas...LOL should of left the lights up..

Well I am going to try and post a picture of a Albino moose... have a good evening.

Slainte
Mairi

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Sorry for posting twice but I wanted to show you all the baby albino moose he is so cute.. I didn't even know they had such until today.

Slainte

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]