> What Denomination Are You?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Mac! I was saved in a Church of Christ................really loved that church and then I moved out of state and have not found one like it since. It was a truly wonderful church. I have not found a church like it since!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

Ah, that's cool! Well, I really like our church. We didn't have any Church of Christs back in Nova Scotia. I hear they sing accapella in most of them, but being in the North, we tend to make our own rules, and we have some really good musicians to lead worship.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Aug-2004, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well the Church of Christ that I attended made its own rules too and we had wonderful musicians that played to our singing and worship time too! thumbs_up.gif I have never found another Church of Christ like that since!
OriginalGhirl 
Posted: 30-Aug-2004, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Philadelphia Metro Area

female

I am Presbyterian from a long line of Presbyterians. For more information about this denomination check out PC(USA)

My original ancestors who came to the US were some of the first Presbyterians in Scotland known as Covenanters. They got arrested for handing out leaflets about their meetings and were thrown into Tolbooth Prison in Edinburgh. After about two weeks they were brought to trial but got off with a light sentence. They were sent to the Eastern Shore of Maryland as indentured servants instead of being executed. I'm 13th generation American and Presbyterian. biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Jenni~
~Aspiring Costume Designer~World Traveler~Celtic Music Lover~
The Original "Ghirl" - Founder, The Glengarry Bhoys Yahoo Group
Join the Official Yahoo Group for The Crofters:
The Crofters Yahoo Group
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! OriginalGhirl! What a very interesting history you have there! One of my great-grandmothers was an indentured servant too. She has a Scottish surname, but have not been able to prove much more than that.
OriginalGhirl 
Posted: 31-Aug-2004, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Philadelphia Metro Area

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 31-Aug-2004, 02:50 PM)
Wow! OriginalGhirl! What a very interesting history you have there! One of my great-grandmothers was an indentured servant too. She has a Scottish surname, but have not been able to prove much more than that.

Yeah it is pretty interesting. About 70% of the indentured servants sent to the colonies died within 5 years of arriving from illness and other things.

You should see if any one has done research on the indentured servants sent here from Scotland. You could probably find out more info about your great grandmother.

smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Jenni! that is a very good idea that I had not thought of...........thanks! thumbs_up.gif
Cailiosa 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Western Kentucky

female

I was raised in the Methodist church, started attending a Lutheran when a went to college. I also attend a Baptist church for Sunday night and Wednesday services. I, however, don't consider myself a Methodist, Lutheran or Baptist, but a Christian. I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and died on the cross for my sins. I believe I have a Father in heaven and a Spirit who is my comfortor and guide and will grow me more and more in the image of God. I believe that the bible is the infallible word of God (II Timothy 3:16-17) and is the key to knowing the character of God more intimately and learning how He wants me to live. I believe my purpose in life is to know God and to make Him known.
Anyway, that's a bit about me. Thank you all for sharing.
Your sister in Christ
Jennie

--------------------
"For man He suffered and He died:
If man will take His word as guide
And leave all infamy,
Then we shall come to happiness
And blisses more than we can guess in Jesu's company."

Check out my journal
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 11-Sep-2004, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Wow, I'm amazing to see so many wonderful Christians in the forum, at first I thought it was very New Age, and I was cautious, but now I am greatly encouraged to meet so many brothers and sisters in the faith, regardless of denomination.

I've avoided denominationalism for 30 years, meeting in 'home churches', locally autonomous.

In the past couple of years I've found that my beliefs synch very well with the Church of God (7th Day), while they are bigger in the USA, we do have a few smaller churches here in Australia.

http://www.cog7.org/home

--------------------
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 11-Sep-2004, 11:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Wow, I'm amazing to see so many wonderful Christians in the forum, at first I thought it was very New Age, and I was cautious, but now I am greatly encouraged to meet so many brothers and sisters in the faith, regardless of denomination.

I've avoided denominationalism for 30 years, meeting in 'home churches', locally autonomous.

In the past couple of years I've found that my beliefs synch very well with the Church of God (7th Day), while they are bigger in the USA, we do have a few smaller churches here in Australia.

http://www.cog7.org/home
Lil 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

I was raised Southern Baptist and it is still what I practice. We are looking for a new church currently, but in our town, there are only 2 or 3.
My mother converted to Catholisicsm (sp?) when I was in 4th grade and put me in Catholic School....having been raised Baptist for my life up until that point, I was always getting in trouble for disagreeing with my teachers, the Priests, nuns, etc.

I went back to church with my Grandparents, who were also Baptist, I was much happier there than I had been at the other.

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
maryellen 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: England
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

female

I am on paper Roman Catholic. I do believe in the good they do and most of the Mass. You might say I'm a Cafeteria Catholic though because I have yet to come to fully believe in some things like: Mary, the mother of God, was a virgin throughout her whole life.

My husband is not Catholic, so my grandmother hardly acknowledges that he exists. I guess that might be part of it.
I still sing in the choir and by myself during mass and enjoy the Eucharist.

--------------------
Seize the time,. . .live now, make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again- Star Trek TNG

"The report of my death was an exaggeration."
-Mark Twain, After reading his own obituary, June 2, 1897

If you ever have a world, plan ahead, don't eat it! - Star Trek TNG
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Jan-2005, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I am Catholic. It is all I have ever known. There is so many issues I just have a hard time understanding. My main question is Why? Why are we here? Why must we suffer? Some people more than others just plain Why to everything?

Elspeth I hope you don't mind me posting a poem on What Kind Am I, but I think it describes it well.

God Bless
PMEmail Poster               
dragonboy3611 
Posted: 06-Jan-2005, 05:29 AM
Quote Post

A Friend to who needs one.
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA, New York

male

Well it's quite strange for me actually. I go to a Methodist church, but it's also a British...something or other church, I don't really know those details!

I used to be a Prespirterian when I was younger, I think the only different between Prespiterian and Methodist are some songs! hehe!

--------------------
"Men at some time are masters of their fate"
Jul Caesar, Act i, Sc.2

"When sorrow comes, they come not single spies, but in battalions"
Hamlet, Act iv, Sc.5

"All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity"
Hamlet, Act i, Sc.2
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 07-Jan-2005, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Grew up Catholic, with five years in Catholic school (that didn't go too well). Went to the Church of Christ while in college, was baptized, met my future wife. The first C of Cs we went to were "acapella" churchs: meaning vocal music, no pianos or organs. Now we attend one that does use pianos, choirs, guitars, drums, etc. It is great!
But I wish we would get away from the politics though. Up to the election last year, it was way too much "Rah-rah George W. Bush!" and all that. Although he was not my choice for president, he has been elected and I am okay with that. I just object that my faith is questioned when I don't toe the party line. And it has been. I have been called a "bad Christian" because of my lack of excitement over President Bush.

Sorry to make this a political rant, but it has tested me severely the past year or so. I'll go away now... sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]