Monarchs Own 
Posted: 18-Nov-2005, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

We will be flying home to my in-laws and my husband (Army Cook) will do our Thanksgiving dinner.

Other than that - we won't be doing much during this vacation.

Just going down to Disney world after a week with the in-laws.

tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 23-Nov-2005, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

We will be driving to Woodward, Okla. to spend Thanksgiving with my family. HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 26-Nov-2005, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was wonderful; the food was great, everyone got along really well (my mother-in-law managed to NOT offend anyone, which is remarkable) and even tho this was my first time to host the shindig the only thing I forgot was to get enough ice for the tea. Not bad for a first-timer. laugh.gif

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 26-Nov-2005, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving also. Mine was fine. We were spoiled by my father in law - and had a good flight up to Maine and back down to North Carolina.

In a few hours we will be heading out to Disney World for about a week. Can't wait to get there.

Wish us some nice weather please angel_not.gif biggrin.gif

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and didn't overeat on the Turkeys tongue.gif
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 26-Nov-2005, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 26-Nov-2005, 01:48 PM)
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  Ours was wonderful; the food was great, everyone got along really well (my mother-in-law managed to NOT offend anyone, which is remarkable) and even tho this was my first time to host the shindig the only thing I forgot was to get enough ice for the tea.  Not bad for a first-timer.  laugh.gif

SB, I knew you could do it...I'm glad your mom-in-law behaved herself! biggrin.gif Mother-in-laws do have that reputation. I never had that problem, I had a great mom-in-law who treated me wonderful (I think she was just so happy I took her rebel son off of her hands and turned him into a family man! biggrin.gif ) It's so nice when family can get together and have a good time.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Dec-2005, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Glad to hear y'all had a good Thanksgiving!

SB! Mother-in-laws can be a bear sometimes, eh? I have really terrific in-laws but Fred's mother can open her mouth a wee bit too much sometimes and embarrass folks! But she is 90 years old and still going strong...what do you expect? I guess at that age you can get away with anything, right?

Btw, can someone tell me what the Red hat society is? I saw some of them when I was in CA. Thanks!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 04-Dec-2005, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Hello Ladies,

hope everyone is fine. I am back from Disney World and it was great. I even got to see the Group Off Kilter at the Epcot - World Showcase as the Live Musician for Canada.

Even got some pics. They are a great group and were funny on stage. Even my husband who isn't into Celtic Music was saying they were great and enjoyed their performance.

Otherwise everything was fine. I had a great week in with the in-laws the week of Thanksgiving and my husband said that we might be going soon down again to Disney World for another week. Maybe next year during early Summer or so. We will see.

Now I am getting ready for Christmas and my birthday which will be soon too. Want to get the house clean and ready for everything.

Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

My mother-in-law is one of those who thinks she's perfect but spots flaws in everyone else, then TELLS them what they are doing wrong - all in the name of being truthful! She is blunt to the point of cruelty. I have a friend who is trying her best to deal with a serious weight problem, and the mother-i-l told her to get her jaw wired shut. I swear!!

Well I could tell more horror stories but I won't. rolleyes.gif

Speaking of Red Hat Society, I went to my first meeting as a guest of a church friend just last week. The Red Hat Society is for ladies over the age of 50, and the club name comes from that poem that says 'When I grow old I shall wear purple,...' The main idea is that ladies over 50 ought to be free enough to dress the way they want to rather than being restricted by what is perceived as correct or proper. So, the dress for the luncheons is a red hat, purple dress, and such fun accessories as feather boas or sparkly accessories is encouraged. If you're under 50 you have to wear pink or lavender, and since I do NOT DO PINK I wore lavender - tongue.gif
It's quite a cute idea, and a LOT of ladies I know are actively involved. I think they meet once every 2 months or so for tea or lunch somewhere. The luncheon I went to was held at Grand Oaks in Cartersville, GA, a beautiful old mansion that has been opened to the public and offers luncheons a few days a week. So there I was, in a room of about 36 red-hatted ladies and I tell you it was the cutest thing, watching these ladies having fun dressing outrageously and enjoying a wonderful lunch.

Siobhan
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

My mother-in-law is one of those who thinks she's perfect but spots flaws in everyone else, then TELLS them what they are doing wrong - all in the name of being truthful! She is blunt to the point of cruelty. I have a friend who is trying her best to deal with a serious weight problem (this woman is nearly 400 lbs. and is only 35 but having problems with her hip that are very serious), and of all things my mother-in-law suggested she get her jaw wired shut. I was appalled, and apologized later to my friend for the m-i-l's bad manners!!

Well I could tell more horror stories but I won't. rolleyes.gif

Speaking of Red Hat Society, I went to my first meeting as a guest of a church friend just last week. The Red Hat Society is for ladies over the age of 50, and the club name comes from that poem that says 'When I grow old I shall wear purple,...' The main idea is that ladies over 50 ought to be free enough to dress the way they want to rather than being restricted by what is perceived as correct or proper. So, the dress for the luncheons is a red hat, purple dress, and such fun accessories as feather boas or sparkly accessories are encouraged. If you're under 50 you have to wear pink or lavender, and since I do NOT DO PINK I wore lavender - tongue.gif
It's quite a cute idea, and a LOT of ladies I know are actively involved. I think they meet once every 2 months or so for tea or lunch somewhere. The luncheon I went to was held at Grand Oaks in Cartersville, GA, a beautiful old mansion that has been opened to the public and offers luncheons a few days a week. So there I was, in a room of about 36 red-hatted ladies and I tell you it was the cutest thing, watching these ladies having fun dressing outrageously and enjoying a wonderful lunch. I think a lot of them have found it liberating to 'cut loose' like this, but personally I got liberated a couple of years ago (had to be the FallQuest mosh pit in 1999 - I was the oldest fart jumping around in there!) and don't need a red hat to spur any loosening of liberation. I don't think I'll become a member, but would sure encourage anyone else to try it.

Siobhan laugh.gif laugh.gif
PM               
Maddie 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

my mother-in-law is a hypochondriac and very self centered. She eduacted her son to perfectly spoiled and neclected brat who has not empathy at all.

thanks. I am married to a man who hasn't worked since my son is born but still tries to push back any thing he doesn't like to me. I run the family as a single mom with three kids, my husband and two teenagers. I am fed up and tired of this but I can't afford to separate as he is entitled to half of everything I have worked for.

No I am not saying that the stay at home parent is a lazy bum. Not at all, I know plenty of moms who are working hard and so do stay at home dads, but my husband is certainly not one of them.

thanks for listening. I don't have anybody else to complain to. Sorry, wont happen again.

Ilona
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Ilona,

You have nothing to apologize for! This is our own place, and you have a sympathetic group here! Don't worry. No matter what, you need to take time for yourself and your hubby should understand that. How are your teens about helping out? Maybe they can help their Dad see the benefits for all of you when he helps out, too.

Be patient, but don't back down. You're too important!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Dec-2005, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Maddie @ 06-Dec-2005, 10:26 PM)
I am married to a man who hasn't worked since my son is born but still tries to push back any thing he doesn't like to me. I run the family as a single mom with three kids, my husband and two teenagers. I am fed up and tired of this but I can't afford to separate as he is entitled to half of everything I have worked for.

No I am not saying that the stay at home parent is a lazy bum. Not at all, I know plenty of moms who are working hard and so do stay at home dads, but my husband is certainly not one of them.

thanks for listening. I don't have anybody else to complain to. Sorry, wont happen again.

Ilona

Ilona, you are in a very difficult situation - I am sorry it is so tense for you. One of my grandfathers was not fond of working either and I saw first-hand what kind of pressure that puts on the wife and family.
If you feel like complaining or venting or griping, you are among friends here who will listen... and often there will be somebody who either is or has been in similiar circumstances, and can offer sincere simpathy and encouragement.

Hope your situation improves, in the meantime.

Siobhan

PM               
Maddie 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, it is a difficult situation but others have it worse... and usually I am not complaining but sometimes it has to get out.

My teens are very good to me, we have a wonderful relationship. Still I think a father's participation is important. Unfortunately I have a job which makes me travel often and so he has to stay home to watch the pets...

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Dec-2005, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! SB, thanks for sharing your story! Mother-in-laws can really be characters, can they not?

Well when I was in CA during Thanksgiving I saw many ladies of the Red Hat Society. I have since read that they are women who are 50 and older, trying to make a new life for themselves as 50 and come out as bold and beautiful and being older is a new life for them. Hey! Whatever, but not something I am interested in. I personally thought all the women looked ridiculous in their outtfits...in my not so humble opinion! Bad me!

Maddie! My own mother was a hypochondriac! Drove me crazy all the years!

Hope this finds y'all doing well.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 09-Dec-2005, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-Dec-2005, 12:43 AM)
Well when I was in CA during Thanksgiving I saw many ladies of the Red Hat Society. I have since read that they are women who are 50 and older, trying to make a new life for themselves as 50 and come out as bold and beautiful and being older is a new life for them. Hey! Whatever, but not something I am interested in. I personally thought all the women looked ridiculous in their outtfits...in my not so humble opinion! Bad me!

I usually am always ready for some silliness, but to be honest when I went to that meeting it just didn't seem my style either... my husband asked that evening what I did during the day, and my immediate response was "went to lunch with a bunch of ladies dressed silly!" Bad me too, I guess.
I know some of those gals get a lot from the club, they are just learning to be bold and beautiful and less inhibited. So its a good thing for them, I am glad to see them enjoying themselves. Actually some of them have husbands who have recently retired and who are driving them nuts at home, following them around asking 'whatchadoin?' and suggesting how they can do things differently. So those ladies need some time out, some time to have fun with other ladies who can be encouraging and supportive.

Whatever floats yer boat!
Siobhan
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]