Posted on 04-Mar-2009, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

I think we're on the same page, as to people expecting the impossible from a man who never promised it. He also said it would get worse before it got better. He did promise to create jobs, as did the other candidate. Like you, I suspect neither would have had a hope of doing that until, as you put it, the engine starts running again.

My fears are that our media is so wrapped up in this doomsday talk that they will have the same effect on our buying public. I personally know people who are panicking and talking about pulling out of investments, which is part of the whole problem. It certainly is a snowball situation. So far we're still spending money here, but the way the news is going on, I'm sure it will be a matter of weeks before people start to freeze up and our own 'engine' really starts stalling.

The best thing we all could do right now is shut the bloody TV off.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted on 04-Mar-2009, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

This latest stimulis is all Obamas and his cronies. There was a political cartoon out in Dec. that showed Pelosei(the speaker of the House, I know I haven't spelled her name right) and Obama in a car labeled economic bail out. Obama was in the passenger seat holding on for dear life, and it was Pelosei at the wheel. Obama is the puppet.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted on 04-Mar-2009, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Right.

Obama met with both the Democrat senate and house senior members and told them that after this budget, "no more earmarks". They told him it was their right to do that and they WOULD continue the practice! Sadly he is not leading his own party. There is a problem with party members verbally undercutting the administrations message also. The worst to my knowledge was the treasury secretary telling a private group at a dinner meeting that the banking crisis would continue till at least 2015! That hit the press as soon as one of the participants could get to a phone. The Republicans squandered their opportunity to accomplish great things and it appears the Democrats are doing the same.

The governor of Ohio (D) has failed to produce last fiscal years records for the auditor to compile. They are over six and a half months late and this has never happened in the history of the state. Many suspect the state is on the verge of financial collapse.

In time the Obama administration will stop the leaks, but I am not sure just how much time we have.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]