Patch 
Posted: 22-Apr-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

Brandeis University, who had Bill Ayers appear as a speaker, has labeled the Tea Party as a Neo Nazi group. I do believe they have placed that name on the "wrong" group! I will leave it to you do decide which group I am talking about.

As a group of American patriotic die hard capitalists the Tea Party could not be further from the Nazi movement.

I take this as a desperate attempt to put down a movement that they know will dismantle their programs in the November election.

They should understand that as these wild charges are made, more people join the movement. It just keeps growing.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 23-Apr-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

I wouldn't worry too much about it Patch. Everyone seems to call their opponents Nazis or Nazi-like these days. An unfair exaggeration is still an unfair exaggeration no matter the source. People's fondness for hyperbole exceeds their fondness for accuracy, or they're just playing the sensationalism card for political reasons. In either case, why give them the dignity of dispute, you just play into their game and give their silliness the credibility of argument. Just be sure to avoid using the same tactic you deplore. wink.gif

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 23-Apr-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

By no means do I deplore it! It is part of the game!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 23-Apr-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 23-Apr-2010, 05:53 PM)
By no means do I deplore it! It is part of the game!

So it's only offensive when it's applied to you?

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
Posted: 23-Apr-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 22-Apr-2010, 01:48 PM)
Brandeis University, who had Bill Ayers appear as a speaker, has labeled the Tea Party as a Neo Nazi group. I do believe they have placed that name on the "wrong" group! I will leave it to you do decide which group I am talking about.

As a group of American patriotic die hard capitalists the Tea Party could not be further from the Nazi movement.

I take this as a desperate attempt to put down a movement that they know will dismantle their programs in the November election.

They should understand that as these wild charges are made, more people join the movement. It just keeps growing.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

BTW, it helps if you actually read the announcement.

http://www.brandeis.edu/cges/news/upcoming...radicalism.html

But you're not going to let the facts get in the way of a good story, right?
Patch 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

My point was only the name calling. It now appears to be the plan on the left to call anyone and/or any thing Nazi or seditious if they do not agree with the administration.

I did not complain, as that is politics. Actually, it is still not politics at it's worst as that takes place behind closed doors. I was merely pointing it out along with the fact that nothing could be further from the truth.

In the 60's, I was called a "baby killer" because of my military svc though I was never spit on. Had that happened, in those days I would have felt compelled to fight. It was all but an exageration by those opposed to our govt actions at the time. I can state with absolute certainly that I never killed a baby. These things just help make one tough.

In studying the history of the mid 20's through the early 40's one could find some disturbing similarities with what is going on in govt here today.

I will probably be posting things stated by other groups and officials in the future as the wild accusations will not likely stop.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 12:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 24-Apr-2010, 12:12 AM)
So it's only offensive when it's applied to you?

I can not find where I said that I found it offensive.

I just did not agree with the accusation and stated such along with my opinion based on some historic information I had looked up. It is all part of the political game. Actually, that is not as bad as it gets. Sometimes after dealing with politicians in a heated situation I have heard continuous foul language to the extent that I have to be careful not to use it myself. That comes from both sides and the females can be the worst offenders.

I expect it will only get worse as we approach the election.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 24-Apr-2010, 01:44 AM)
My point was only the name calling. It now appears to be the plan on the left to call anyone and/or any thing Nazi or seditious if they do not agree with the administration.

I seem to recall that the GOP's idea of bipartisanship during the previous administration was "you're either with us or against us" rather than engaging in healthy debate. The Left has tried time and time again to reach across the aisle, only to have their hands slapped away.
Jillian 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 07:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

There are some things that can be compromised...but other things...well there can be no reaching across aisle.

With the disclaimer that I am independent conservative, I will add that the media could not be further in the bag for the left. Where were all these outrages when Bush was being called every name in the book? To quote Obama's thoughts....the left should be "thanking" the media support they receive.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
Patch 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 24-Apr-2010, 03:17 AM)
I seem to recall that the GOP's idea of bipartisanship during the previous administration was "you're either with us or against us" rather than engaging in healthy debate. The Left has tried time and time again to reach across the aisle, only to have their hands slapped away.

I do not recall during the bush years that anyone on the left was accused of being a domestic terrorist, Nazi or guilty of sedition. "You are either with us or against us" falls far short of the accusations today. These are the actions of a party now in a desperate position. Carvile put the exclamation points on that desperation a couple of days ago.

What we are seeing is indicative of how this election will go. It could be worse than the Jackson election.

No one has reached across the isle with but a couple of exceptions in the last three administrations. This one is particularly bad about that. People need to watch the actions of the legislature. Words are virtually worthless among politicians. There is a lot of truth to the phrase, "you can easily tell when a politician is not being truthful. Just watch him as it will occur every time he moves his lips!" Of all the politicians I know and there are many, there are only 5 that I trust and believe. If that percentage were to be transferred to the general public this would be a wicked place to live.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

If the Foo Shitz wear it, both sides!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 24-Apr-2010, 12:58 PM)
If the Foo Shitz wear it, both sides!

I agree. Sadly the verbal battle has not even warmed up for this election yet.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Patch @ 22-Apr-2010, 02:48 PM)

You use this formulation "I take this as a desperate attempt" quite a bit. You might as well know what it implies. It means you imagine yourself, and wish to represent yourself, already in a position of right or superiority and the person so described to be disempowered (that is, "desperate," or without hope) if not actually flailing wildly on their way down the drain. This is a transparent wish on your part, and the more you say it, the more it turns into an automatized mantra or ritual incantation. But I do commend you that you qualify it by saying that you "take it as" such, rather than simply insisting that it is so.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Patch @ 24-Apr-2010, 11:38 AM)
I do not recall during the bush years that anyone on the left was accused of being a domestic terrorist, Nazi or guilty of sedition.

Mmmmmmm . . .

Might that be because no one on the Left was actually doing anything that called for it? huh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 24-Apr-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 24-Apr-2010, 10:38 AM)
I do not recall during the bush years that anyone on the left was accused of being a domestic terrorist, Nazi or guilty of sedition. "You are either with us or against us" falls far short of the accusations today. These are the actions of a party now in a desperate position. Carvile put the exclamation points on that desperation a couple of days ago.

What we are seeing is indicative of how this election will go. It could be worse than the Jackson election.

No one has reached across the isle with but a couple of exceptions in the last three administrations. This one is particularly bad about that. People need to watch the actions of the legislature. Words are virtually worthless among politicians. There is a lot of truth to the phrase, "you can easily tell when a politician is not being truthful. Just watch him as it will occur every time he moves his lips!" Of all the politicians I know and there are many, there are only 5 that I trust and believe. If that percentage were to be transferred to the general public this would be a wicked place to live.

Slàinte,   

Patch    

Since your trust is something which you dispense or withhold then it really isn't about numbers at all is it? You must be assuming that because you distrust someone your judgement about them is beyond reproach and they are worthy of that distrust by virtue of your distrust, assuming the infallibility of your perceptions, perspective and analysis. I'm happy for you that you have more faith in the general public, for the sake of your peace of mind if nothing else, but would remind you that politicians, both those you trust and distrust, are part of what constitutes that public. Its the pool from which they spring. So if your trust in the public is secure and justified, then you might examine why an overwhelmingly large percentage of that portion who become politicians become suspect to you. Either your judgement is flawed or the public which produces politicians is not as trustworthy as you think, if their greatest example of a public servant is so flawed in your mind.

In addition to what Stoirmeil said, no one in the left was accused of being a domestic terrorist, Nazi or guilty of sedition during the Bush years also because the slinging of mud is usually directed towards those in power by those without it because they disagree and/or are trying to solidify public sentiment in their favor and build momentum for the next and inevitable election, much like you're doing with your Tea Party posts and the certainty of outcome in your favor in November about which you ceaselessly remind us, though you're fishing in a much smaller pond. They must create or exaggerate a problematic administration whether one exists or not to create a need to vote their side in the public mind. Its "the game" as you say.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]