Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
239,679 Gold!

Good news on the royalty payments that are due by webcasters on October 20th, 2002. There is word that the Recording Industry might be agreeable to a percentage of revenues rather than a per song performance. Here are the details,

"Sources say that a marathon negotiating session between the record industry and webcasters over the past 24 hours failed to produce a settlement between the parties. Those involved were advised that they could subject the bill to a vote today, or go back to the table to reach an agreement on royalties by this Friday.

Though the terms being discussed are private, RAIN understands that they do in fact involved a deal based on a percentage of webcasters' revenues. The terms of an agreement reached on Friday would be accepted by Congress as law for the industries. This law would thus override the Librarian of Congress's original determination for webcasting royalties, and eliminate the need for the next scheduled arbitration (CARP)."

This is awesome news for webcasters and for Highlander Radio. Will keep our fingers cross and hope that the negotations follow through with a fair and equitable law.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 02-Oct-2002, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

:D WOW what great news. Happy days are here again, bagpipes are saved.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Oct-2002, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
239,679 Gold!

Yes, I was particular interested in special circumstances for Mom & Pop radio stations. Well, I don't like to think of myself as a Mom & Pop station because it makes me think of two elderly people, which I am far from the description – but it is welcomed news. We will see what the details are come Friday but if things work out we will not need to ever charge for our broadcast and could possible re-open our shoutcast or a windows stream.

Wow, things are quite here. Hopefully come the first of the year we will start attracting more people when our total site is completing developed. The web developing is going well. Our new endeavor – Highlander Hosting – is going extremely well. We are developing the different plans, technology, etc. It will probably be ready by the end of the month and then we shall move on to our advertising site. By the first of the year we should have completed our site development of our radio, estore, hosting and advertising sites. With the ability to generate revenue it will allow us to do a whole bunch of fun things for the listeners and create interest, listenership, etc. Depending how successful we are, we will probably do things like weekly CD contests, promotional items, and things like that.

So, it will probably be a little quite for the next few months until we are done with the major web developing. We are also going to upgrade the board to the latest version of the software we use and also design a better looking board.  Ok – back to the chaulk board now! :)
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 03-Oct-2002, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

Quote (Macfive @ Oct. 03 2002,09:17)
Yes, I was particular interested in special circumstances for Mom & Pop radio stations. Well, I don't like to think of myself as a Mom & Pop station because it makes me think of two elderly people, which I am far from the description –

You sure of that? If you don't think you're old, ask your kids, they'll tell you the truth. :-0
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 03-Oct-2002, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Is that a nice thing to say???

I mean here we are living in our little fantasy world and you tell us the kids would say we're old as methousala. (I know probably mispelled but heck I never spelll that word) LOL  :p
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 04-Oct-2002, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

:D Heck if you could spell Mathuselah, without getting out your Bible,  you would make the rest of us,  feel really dumb.  I'm so bad at spelling, that I think spell check was made just for me.  I know I'm old, the grandkids tell me so.  As along as I can keep up with them, I'm OK.   :-0
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 05-Oct-2002, 05:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
239,679 Gold!

Heheh....your only as old as you feel....and right now I am feeling pretty old :)

I use to have my kids convinced I was still 28...well, I've given up on that; especially since I grew a beard and there is a little grey on the chin.....

I'm going for that distingushed (spelling?) look.....

;)
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 07-Oct-2002, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

:-0 Well my mom use to tell us she was 62. We thought everyone used loving care, though as we got bigger her hair got redder. Her red high lights grew.
Now what I want to know is what happed to your crown? It looks like a common baseball cap. It's not even gold! Is this not a formal royal picture?
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 07-Oct-2002, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
239,679 Gold!

Quote (Cabbagehome @ Oct. 07 2002,11:16)
:-0 Well my mom use to tell us she was 62. We thought everyone used loving care, though as we got bigger her hair got redder. Her red high lights grew.
Now what I want to know is what happed to your crown? It looks like a common baseball cap. It's not even gold! Is this not a formal royal picture?

Even us Kings need a baseball cap! Actually, its kinda hard to tell in the picture, but there is a little celtic purple circle on the cap and it says Scottish Dancers....well, not sure if I could do the sword dance, but I have tried to learn the fling with the kids until I threw my back out......

:-0
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]