Posted: 23-Apr-2009, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Los Lunas, NM

male

Bear Lake Monster

If you travel to Bear Lake in Utah on a quiet day, you just might catch a glimpse of the Bear Lake Monster. The monster looks like a huge brown snake and is nearly 90 feet long. It has ears that stick out from the side of its skinny head and a mouth big enough to eat a man. According to some, it has small legs and it kind of scurries when it ventures out on land. But in the water - watch out! It can swim faster than a horse can gallop - makes a mile a minute on a good day. Sometimes the monster likes to sneak up on unwary swimmers and blow water at them. The ones it doesn't carry off to eat, that is.
A feller I heard about spotted the monster early one evening as he was walking along the lake. He tried to shoot it with his rifle. The man was a crack shot, but not one of his bullets touched that monster. It scared the heck out of him and he high tailed it home faster than you can say Jack Robinson. Left his rifle behind him and claimed the monster ate it.

Sometimes, when the monster has been quiet for a while, people start saying it is gone for good. Some folks even dredge up that old tale that says how Pecos Bill heard about the Bear Lake monster and bet some cowpokes that he could wrestle that monster until it said uncle. According to them folks, the fight lasted for days and created a hurricane around Bear Lake. Finally, Bill flung that there monster over his shoulder and it flew so far it went plumb around the world and landed in Loch Ness, where it lives to this day.

Course, we know better than that. The Bear Lake Monster is just hibernating-like. Keep your eyes open at dusk and maybe you'll see it come out to feed. Just be careful swimming in the lake, or you might be its next meal!

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Rindy 
Posted: 24-Apr-2009, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Love this story Celticlord thanks for sharing it. I'll be sure to watch for the monster if I am ever over there.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
shiny 
Posted: 26-May-2009, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

female

Good story! It is creepy looking when you stop to picture it! sad.gif
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 05-Jul-2009, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

Great story! I am sitting here imagining that creature and how scared I would be if I was in the water when it showed up.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]