ChevalBawn 
Posted: 18-Nov-2008, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

male

Hello to you all.
My interest in Celtic / Irish music has been with me since childhood. My ancestors were Celts of the Dal bhFiatach Tribe based in the Uladh region of Ireland,(reference 200 BC) much later anglicised to 'Ulster'.
The people with my family name ' Mac An Ultaigh' migrated west and the family name is prominent in Donegal and Mayo. Like many other indigenous families of Uladh we suffered at the hands of 'Strongbow'(Normans) and late Cromwell (English).
I was born in Dublin and grew up there on the south side in what is now a very affluent part of Dublin. All sorts live there now to include Bono from U2 (North sider), Chris deBurgh (a Norman), Maeve Binchy (Lovely Lady), Van Morrison (Merde!), Bob Geldof, Sinade o’Connor,Enya and many more but I was there in the good times, the 50s & 60s & 70s.

My parents were from the West of Ireland, Mayo and Roscommon. My grandfather it seems was related to the famous fiddle player Michael Coleman and he used to live "just up the road" near Gurteen in Co. Sligo. I have been to his old house. Which reminds me that perhaps I should try playing the fiddle, might be in the blood!
I never mastered a musical instrument nor was I any good at singing but kind friends say my guitar playing is getting better and others say I should sing more often. Everyone I guess can do with friends like these.
Any roads I focused more on organising things. I seem to have a flare for that. For many years while living in Britain I organised music events of the Celtic and Irish theme. St. Patricks's day of course, I was project manager for an annual street party. I formed a network for those interested in Irish music. I raised funds and had a local Sussex lady (fiddle teacher)sent to Dublin (Comhaltas) for training and I also managed to put on stage Dervish (Sligo), Téada (Also Sligo). Was instrumental in getting 'Patrick Street' into Brighton and then missed the gig myself, tell you about it some other time.
I know Andy Irvine well enough to have a pint with and what a musician and gentleman he is. Then for many years I managed the Celtic fusion band 'Legacy' and took them on tours in Denmark, Holland and Ireland. They were over last weekend to visit me here in France and delivered a wonderful concert.

I now live in Brittany France in the town of Plancoet where I bought a small hotel Le Cheval Blanc (White Horse). It came with a bar and I am in the process of doing it up as an Irish bar with music and dancing. At one end I have put in a stage and at the other end I have binned the pool table and made way for dancing. So far I have had some really good music sessions both Irish and Bretonne. In Brittany Irish session tend to be found further south and west, Lorient and the likes, so it is my intention to create a presence for Celtic music on the North coast. That is my mission.

I am in the process of applying for a full music licence that will enable me to put on concerts and festivals. I will do a training course here in January in order to comply with the stringent rules and regulations in France. Once I have the licence I can plan big musical events.

I am currently offering a special winter deal to include accommodation and food and it is aimed at Celtic musicians. It is really an incentive to attract musicians here in support of my mission. To learn more email me and reference this entry in Celtic radio.
Well that's about it for now.
á bientot
Micheál Mac An Ultaigh
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
Harlot 
Posted: 18-Nov-2008, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

Welcome Micheal Mac Ultaigh, So happy you found this wonderful place..You will meet some of the warmest people here and soon you will feel this is home with one big Happy family. Do checkout all of the forums that at here and post on a lot of them. Enjoy the music that I feel is the best. Let your feet tap. If your into Medieval games we have a great one here that you should check out. cheers.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
jayhenson 
Posted: 18-Nov-2008, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Royse City, Texas USA

male

WOW!! I am very impressed at your knowledge of your family history, wish I could trace mine back as well as you have been able to. I have been close to that region of France in 1999. I was in the US Navy and we did some stuff out of Brest. Went to Paris for a few days but that was about the extent of what I had time for. Beautiful country though. Welcome to CelticRadio and I look forward to reading your posts as you seem very knowledgeable, especially about music.

Slàinte

Jay
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
sisterknight 
Posted: 19-Nov-2008, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: montreal west, quebec

female

welcome home!!!!!that's some history lesson, ta kindly!! wink.gif greetings from the great white north!!! j'espere que tout va bien pour vous, et que les musciens prendre note de vos coordinates......now pull yerself a frosty one, sit back and enjoy the music and people here....you should maybe talk to paul...we have quite a selection of muscians as you'll note!!!!! beer_mug.gif band.gif beer.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 19-Nov-2008, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Lady Leleanda - Mystic Dreamer
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Hello & welcome, ChevalBawn smile.gif Enjoy the great variety of Forums, Music and great people thumbs_up.gif I look forward to reading your Posts smile.gif

--------------------
Slàinte!

Truth in our hearts. Strength in our hands. Consistency in our tongues.

Beauty is not just all around us, but within us....

"Mo nighean donn," he whispered, "Mo chridhe. My brown lass, my heart. Come to me. Cover me. Shelter me, a bhean, heal me. Burn with me, as I burn for you."(Fiery Cross Quote)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 19-Nov-2008, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Welcome ChevalBawn!!!! cheers.gif
It is a pleasure to meet you. You have found the greatest music and the greatest people. Enjoy.

Val

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt