> Have You Seen This Kind Of Spider?, Question
Rindy 
Posted: 22-May-2008, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has seen a spider like this? I know there's billions of spiders but I was hoping may be some one has seen it? It was in my dogs water bowl in the kitchen. I apologize for the fuzzy picture but it was all I could do to take a pic then I put him in the disposal. I tried to blow the picture up and it continued to get blurry. It wasn't hairy and was about 1/2".

I have spent sometime on line looking through photos. It's one thing for them to be outside but he was in my house.
After almost losing my leg to one I kind of pay attention now. I never did find out what kind of spider bit me.

I have never seen a spider like this one. Have you?

Slainte

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 22-May-2008, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 22-May-2008, 07:50 AM)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has seen a spider like this? I know there's billions of spiders but I was hoping may be some one has seen it? It was in my dogs water bowl in the kitchen. I apologize for the fuzzy picture but it was all I could do to take a pic then I put him in the disposal. I tried to blow the picture up and it continued to get blurry. It wasn't hairy and was about 1/2".

I have spent sometime on line looking through photos. It's one thing for them to be outside but he was in my house.
After almost losing my leg to one I kind of pay attention now. I never did find out what kind of spider bit me.

I have never seen a spider like this one. Have you?

Slainte

user posted image

I assume the half inch size includes the legs. If you could describe the body markings and color or shades. It looks like the spiders that used to invade my house but the body isn't quite right. It could be water reflection. I have an exterminator come in the spring and treat both inside and and out around the house. I treat the lawn to kill fleas and that also gets spiders. I haven't had spiders for 4 years now.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 24-May-2008, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Patch, the colorings were just like the picture black and white. The marking on the back of him is like the shooting targets with the man only this has a white circle in it. The 1/2" is including the legs. I usually don't see many spiders thank goodness but this one was something to see. Do you know the name of the ones that you used to get in your house?
I think the spider might of came out of a bag of dog food or grocery bag. I really don't know where he came from but I hope I don't see any more of them or I will be call a exterminator.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 24-May-2008, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

Rindy;

I have no great love for Spiders but they do have one saving grace. They eat mosquitos and other insect pests and that is why I let them live.

Camac.

Patch 
Posted: 24-May-2008, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 24-May-2008, 09:38 AM)
Patch, the colorings were just like the picture black and white. The marking on the back of him is like the shooting targets with the man only this has a white circle in it. The 1/2" is including the legs. I usually don't see many spiders thank goodness but this one was something to see. Do you know the name of the ones that you used to get in your house?
I think the spider might of came out of a bag of dog food or grocery bag. I really don't know where he came from but I hope I don't see any more of them or I will be call a exterminator.

Slainte

The ones I got were silvery on the sides with a black back which could be loosely described as a man type target. They had no white spot though. Mine were called "garden spiders". With fruit and vegetables and even dry goods coming from all over the world it could have come from anywhere. My exterminator has already been here but I will try to put the pic. in an e-mail and stop by the exterminator to ask them if they know what it is. Personally I would assume any spider bite would not be good for the body. In the U.S. the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow Spiders are the trouble makers.

I like bananas and hate fruit flies so I use a "Shell No Pest Strip" (available at most hardware stores) between the kitchen/dining area and my living room and have no insects. It may get me some day though.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 24-May-2008, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 24-May-2008, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (Rindy @ 24-May-2008, 09:38 AM)
Patch, the colorings were just like the picture black and white.  The marking on the back of him is like the shooting targets with the man only this has a white circle in it.  The 1/2" is including the legs.  I usually don't see many spiders thank goodness but this one was something to see.  Do you know the name of the ones that you used to get in your house? 

Slainte

The ones I got were silvery on the sides with a black back which could be loosely described as a man type target. They had no white spot though. Mine were called "garden spiders". With fruit and vegetables and even dry goods coming from all over the world it could have come from anywhere. My exterminator has already been here but I will try to put the pic. in an e-mail and stop by the exterminator to ask them if they know what it is. Personally I would assume any spider bite would not be good for the body. In the U.S. the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow Spiders are the trouble makers.

I like bananas and hate fruit flies so I use a "Shell No Pest Strip" (available at most hardware stores) between the kitchen/dining area and my living room and have no insects. It may get me some day though.

Slàinte,    

Patch   

I got a copy of the picture, I will see what I can find.

Slàinte,    

Patch   
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 28-May-2008, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I checked and the advice was that I could go through their insect book. They said there were so many they just exterminated them.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 28-May-2008, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Patch thank you kindly for all the help. I will let you know if I ever find out what kind it was. I hate those fruit flies. I use the strips too. I have a big problem with little black biting nats..they make me instantly mad when they bite. lol..

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 03-Jun-2008, 04:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I looked up Arachnids at the library in their online books. There are thousands and thousands of different spiders over the world!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]