Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 20+ Years Of Celtic Radio, We lost track of the time!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 25-Jan-2021, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,346 Gold!

We just want to take a moment to thank all of the listeners and members that have joined us on this 20 year ride called Celtic Radio originally starting out as Scottish Radio and before that the Scottish Highlander.

I guess we lost track of time because we didn't realize it has been 20 years, but the internet archives wayback machine jarred are memories away from thinking about a new configuration of our servers and working on a few bug fixes and updates.

Here is one of the first screen grabs of ScottishRadio.net with a counter at the bottom of the page showing a start date of June 19, 2001.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011001180842/...ttishradio.net/

The idea for a Scottish/Celtic webcast was actually born 10 months earlier at the 2000 Highland Games at Loon Mountain in New Hampshire. Myself and fellow founders of the site were listening to the great Scottish Rock band "Seven Nations" performing their towering version of Amazing Grace. With the mountains and sunset as our backdrop and our age then on our side, we knew right there and then we needed to introduce this music to our fellow Scotsmen, our fellow Irishman - heck anyone that was willing to listen and claim a bit of Celtic pride.

By 2003 we had nearly 5 million hits and we purchased the domain CelticRadio.net and went with that to bring all of our favorite music under one domain. Here is a look at the site in 2004:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040612124102/...php/playing.php

Some notable accomplishments over the years definitely would be the Live365 Best in World music (we still have the microphone award from the awards ceremony), being featured in the business section of the Boston Globe which then got picked up nationally by papers like the Wall Street Journal, getting the ear of Senator Ted Kennedy during the small webcaster fight for survival and having an awkward conversation with Harry Reid not knowing who he was at the time.

But best of all we have stayed true to our roots, are still serving up some great music and keep hearing from our wonderful members that stop by once in a while to check in. We are always sadden to hear of the passing of members over the years often getting an email from a family member about how much they enjoyed the music broadcast.

So on this Robby Burns day - here is to another 20 more and hopefully we will get that new website going - someday! (CelticMusicRadio.com) Now enough with these words - let's tune into some words of Robert Burns performed by the actor Gareth Morrison on this day!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
WallaceGal 
Posted: 26-Jan-2021, 04:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Highland MI

female

Congrats to you! I haven't been here that long, but it's been a wonderful ride so here's to another 20/30/40 years of fun and family. smile.gif I love it here.

--------------------
Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Slàinte!
PMEmail Poster                
MichaelaMac 
Posted: 27-Jan-2021, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #14
86,445 Gold!

I really enjoy the music on here! Thanks for all of the unheard of music that is just hard to find.

heart.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
togo 
Posted: 28-Jan-2021, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Massachusetts

male

Thanks so much for sharing the origins of Celtic Radio!
I really enjoyed hearing that.

And thank you for keeping this website going. We owe you a great debt of gratitude.
It is a wonderful site with a great mix and range of music that is so enjoyable to listen to and choose from.
I’ve also have been so entertained and have leaned a lot on this site from member’s posts, Celtic history, musicians, to styles of music and more.

Congratulations on 20 years of Celtic Radio!

band.gif clap.gif thumbs_up.gif beer_mug.gif
Shadows 
Posted: 29-Jan-2021, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I've been hear for 18+ years of the ride and never left this amazing site:

Congratulations on the 20 years!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 29-Jan-2021, 10:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

20+ years!!! Wow! That is absolutely amazing! The way things come and go, this is just awesome!

There is something comforting about knowing that the site is there. Just popping in and checking things out is a little bit of comfort!

Already looking forward to #25! Thanks for all you do to keep this place open!!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 19-Feb-2021, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
144,651 Gold!

SALUTE!!! Here is to many more years. Great music and program line up!! cheers.gif cheers.gif MSNCAKE.GIF

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 10-Mar-2021, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

20 years... WOW! How time does fly. I remember when I rediscovered the site, and was streaming it over dialup! Congratulations!!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Perkeo 
Posted: 11-Mar-2021, 12:45 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
2,774,374 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

Congrats!!! I can't wait until next year when you can legally drink....LOL beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]