Posted: 09-Apr-2007, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Thanks CR!
Even though he lived very close to us, we were never THAT close. It is still hard to lose 2 people in less than a year though.

I'm planning to go to Las Vegas for the Celtic Festival. I am really excited to get out of town for a couple of days. I think we are taking the kids, so that will be intersting. I think they will have fun once we get there, but the car ride will be a long one. We may try to break it up so it won't be too bad. Anyway I can't wait to see the WIcked Tinkers again! It's been too long. biggrin.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone,

I had a good Easter. But it was so cold we had frost. I wore pants to church instead of my new outfit.

My youngest went back to school today. In fact we get back to our routine. I'm off today so I'll be trying to get some extra things done around the house.

I have to do some planning of activities for the upcoming months. Mostly for Scottish Country dancings socials, but also I'm trying to plan a 4th of July for Clan Donnachaidh. My sister is coming to visit this summer for 2 weeks. I know we are going to go to Dollywood, and go to Whitewater. Pluse we will have a family reunion during that time. Plus my baby will be entering her senior year. This will be such a busy fun year.

Well have a great day

gwenlee

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 12-Apr-2007, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone! I had a great Easter now its time to get on with planting the rest of the garden. As soon as the snow melts. I just don't know where all the time went even though it seemed like a long winter.

Ballydun I am sorry to hear of your loses. Have fun at your festivals.

Celtic Rose, I hope all is well with you and your family.

gwenlee- I have never had a cyst and don't care to have one.. I hope you enjoyed your evening of realxation. Its good to hear from you.

Hi Mike, sure sounds like you had a good easter. I love french toast.

Hi valpal-hows it goin?

Roberto remember that warm weather will be here soon enough..I hope you will let us know when your pup has puppies.....cute....

Well have a great week whats left of it and oh "don't take any wooden nickles"lol

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Apr-2007, 05:56 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all. A lot going on with y'all.

We had a good but very quiet Easter.

Thanks to all for your well wishes. All is going well here.

gwenlee! Gosh! snow and frost! I hope you all remained safe. How is your daughter doing?

The next few weeks will be very busy for us all. Just wanted to say hello and that you all are in my prayers. Take care!
Dreamer1 
Posted: 13-Apr-2007, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone! I'm just quickly poking my head in here, to see how you're all doing and what's new with everyone laugh.gif

I'm sorry to hear of sadness and rough times for some of you, and my heart goes out to you.

It sounds like you're all even busier than usual, if that's possible! The same is true here with us, though it's a good kind of busy and I'm not complaining. Just trying to keep up with all of it! Can't wait for this long winter to leave us once and for all, and stop teasing us, before Summer comes slamming in with too much heat at once - my garden's calling me.....

Take care all! I'll try not to be gone so long again.

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 13-Apr-2007, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Hello everyone.
It seems that everyone is so busy. Sometimes I wish that life would just slow down for awhile.
We are getting ready to remodel our bedroom and bathroom. I have a feeling that this is going to be an experience we will never forget. I have been working on the plans for awhile now. Would ask hubby his opinions and all he would say is do it the way you want. Showed him the 2 plans to pick from and he didn't like either one. So I merged them and he said that would do. MEN!!! LOL
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 13-Apr-2007, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!!!

I'm using the internet at the library again. I swear I've probably been to this library more since I moved to this town than I was at the Chicago Public Library branch in my old neighborhood since I was in high school (and that was mostly for school-related stuff like term papers and such) ohmy.gif ! It's just easier to come over here than it is to go to my parents' if I'm in the mood to use the internet.

I'm going to see some of my relatives this weekend. My aunt from Minnesota is in town this weekend (she's staying with my aunt and uncle who live in the Chicago area), so my parents will be having them and me over for dinner Saturday night.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 13-Apr-2007, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hey everybody! Just doin' a flyby, to check in!

tomcat.gif

Just spent the past week in Cincinnati, on business. So I have been "out of pocket", so to speak, in regards to the computer/internet.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-Apr-2007, 03:48 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hello all! Sorry it has taken me so long to come in here and chat! Sounds like everyone has so much going on.

Since the funeral of MIL, things are calming down, but we are not finished yet as the woman had no money when she died. So we fully expect to pay not only funeral but medical expenses. ...oh well. That is life, eh?

My eldest dog has been sick with pancreatitis and I have been dealing with him lately.

All else is going well. Talk to you soon.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 17-Apr-2007, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!!!

I'm here at the library again! I came in to pick up a movie that came in ("Romeo Must Die" with Jet Li) and I saw that a few terminals were open.

I'm wearing a sticker on my shirt that says "I voted". We had municipal elections today in suburban Cook County. My town didn't have much. The mayor and city council elections aren't for another two years, so we just had school and library board members to elect.

I'm planning on baking a pizza puff and some mozzarella sticks for dinner tonight. Yum drool.gif biggrin.gif !

CelticRose, sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My prayers are with you and your husband. Also I hope your dog gets better soon!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Apr-2007, 10:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Mike, first of all, I hope you had a terrific birthday! Was thinking about you on your special day. wink.gif beer_mug.gif

All is well here but very busy..what else is new with us all, eh? Between family and our church, we stay pretty busy. Then there are days when the old back and fibromyalgia takes over and debilitates me. . Sorry. I don't mean to whine, but just letting you know why I disappear sometimes.

I have been nominated at my church to be head photographer, which really took me by surprise. So that means I will be keeping pretty busy with that at all church events. Who knew that photography would be a church ministry? I never did!

My dog, Nikki, is doing 100% better! The vet changed his diet and he is like a new pup again...with exception of his arthritis! However, we are so happy cause a week ago, the little furry guy was pretty sick.

All else is going well. Not much to report. I am trying to put together my own website to show both my artwork and photographs. So far I am being stupid at the whole process! LOL

Valpal! Been through the remodeling process many times and it is not fun........but always worth it in the end! I know it is easy to say, but hang in there as you will greatly love it when all completed.

Anyway, much hugs and love to you all. Be safe and talk to you soon!

Lady of the Loch 
Posted: 20-Apr-2007, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indiana

female

HEy Everyone! Things have been really hectic here and now I am going away for the weekend. Hopefully, things will be back to normal on Monday, but I just can't seem to get any me time right now. I don't know about anywhere else, but this weather sure is wonderful! I hope all of you can get out and enjoy it!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Sonee 
Posted: 23-Apr-2007, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Hello everyone!!

Wow, it's been nearly a year since I last posted here! I have missed so much! I don't have time right now to backtrack and read all of the posts what with finals coming up next week but I"ll try to get them all read soon! In the mean time feel free to pm me or email me anything you think I ought to know! Until then I hope everything is well with everyone here.

I sent my first story out last Monday to see if I could get it published. I should be hearing back from the magazine in about 6 weeks or so! I'm also working on another, longer story and would like some help. Much of the dialogue in this new story is in Scots so if there is anyone who is fluent in Scots and would be willing to give me a little help with idioms and such I would greatly appreciate it!

I have been taking 18 credit hours each semester so far and this last one made me realize that I just can't do that and try to take care of my two kids, husband and house as well so next semester I will be cutting back to just 12 hours. Hopefully this will allow me more time to get here and touch base with you all more than once a year!

My husband will be home for supper pretty soon (and my children think they are going to starve to death!!) so I better go make something! I'll try and get back here again sometime this week (at least once more) so until then everyone take care!

Sonee

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 24-Apr-2007, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Just popping in to say a quick hello!

CR - thats great that you are the official photographer at your church! I actually hold the same role at mine. Although I do almost nothing with it. I am even listed in the church directory as the lead person for the photography ministry, but no one ever comes to me for any photo needs or what-not. But it is fun any way!

Sonee - great to see you back!!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Apr-2007, 01:00 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Greetings all!

Sonee! I wondered if you would ever return! It is so wonderful to see you. How are things? I hope to see more of you here!

JP, I know what you mean about being the so-called "lead photographer" at church. I believe it just means that I am willing to take photos at every event...not that I am any great photographer! wink.gif laugh.gif Oh well, it doesn't matter as I so love taking photos and if they want to take advantage of me who will take pics anywhere and of anything then I will do so as I so love taking photos. In the meantime, I will look upon this all as a learning experience and service to my church. So we will see, eh? Hope your doing well, JP.

All else goes well. Nothing exciting to report but I wish you all great health, happiness and protection.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]