Elspeth 
Posted: 02-Sep-2006, 03:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 01-Sep-2006, 05:03 PM)
yes, I need to remind myself God is in control! Thanks!

So do I sad.gif

Am thinking of you often during thes days of waiting.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 02-Sep-2006, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 01-Sep-2006, 02:05 AM)
Gabby, if you need someone to talk to, I am here for you. You know where to find me.

Thank you for your kind offer, Rose, it's very much appreciated! hug.gif

I'm sorry you had to suffer such pain. And waiting is a different but no less awful pain. Be sure you are in my thoughts and if you ever need to talk...you also know where to find me.

Many blessings are heading your way!

Gabby

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 07:35 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello and thanks so much for your thoughts, concerns and prayers. I am doing fine and will hear in about 10 days as to my results.

Who I am most concerned about is my friend who has the Hep C. It appears that all her family and friends have no freaking clue what this is or what this means...so she has absolutely no support! This is a very serious, life-threatening disease with no cure! Nobody has been a support to her in the least! I am so freaking mad! I finally had to write one of her *supposed* best friends and tell her the truth! It really makes me angry that some people are not concerned or could care less about another..they are just in a world all of their own. these people I like to refer to as narcissistic! Sounds very cruel, I know, but at this state in my mind towards my friend, Becky, this is how I feel towards others in our circle of family and friends. I am just livid! I know when people are going through issues of their own it is very difficult to reach out to another. However, when *supposed* friends who are not and just don't give a flip period about their *friend* in need and don't contact my friend, I can get pretty hateful! Sorry!

Appreciate you allowing me to vent. Thanks all!
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

Vent away, anytime. And you are so right. That poor dear. Tell her she has a group of strangers thinking of her and praying for her.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

People do get pretty preoccupied sometimes; it is frustrating and can make a person feel abandoned. I wonder if they understand how serious it is, or if your friend has been able to really make it clear to them what's involved or how much she needs them right now? I think sometimes it's not that people truly are selfish pigs, they're just dim and not picking up signals.

But yes -- why don't you put your friend on here one of these days, and let us tell her directly that we are thinking of her (and you) all the time, and holding you both and your recovery in mind?

an image of warm golden cheer for you both. Get it on screen and just stare at it for a few minutes. smile.gif
http://7art-screensavers.com/flowers/2004-...llow-flower.jpg
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 04-Sep-2006, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacReed

female

And sometimes people are too frightened to admit their loved one could be seriously sick.

Denial is powerful.

Not that that is any comfort for you friend.

I agree with stoirmeil, get Becky in here for a spell.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2006, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello y'all! I will ask Becky to join here, but I bet 100% she never will. She is just too shy and doesn't like to air her dirty laundry in public...so I am doing it for her! But will ask her all the same! You never know, eh?

Many thanks and hugs to y'all!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Sep-2006, 01:19 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! I am reporting in as I got my results today from my biopsy and it was benign! yay! However, because I am still having some abnormalities I have been switched from under the care of the nurse practitioner to the GYN MD and he will try to rule out whatever else is going on. But at least they ruled out cancer first and foremost! My next appt is not until Sept 18th...the very same day that my friend, Becky, has her very first appointment concerning her Hep c! I am more worried about her than me. But I appreciate you continued prayers and will keep you updated. Many thanks to all! love ya! Rosemary
Dreamer1 
Posted: 09-Sep-2006, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

toot.gif hug.gif clap.gif w00t1.gif HOORAY!!!!! Oh Rosemary!! I'm sooooo happy for you!! Thank goodness! Okay, now for prayers for a quick resolve of the remaining issues - piece of cake! laugh.gif

Dreamer1

P.S. Prayers continue for Becky - I wish she can have good news too!

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 09-Sep-2006, 10:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

thumbs_up.gif GREAT!!!!!! Glad to hear that cancer has been ruled out! You are still in my thoughts, I know you will come through fine! thumbs_up.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 10-Sep-2006, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I'm so very, very glad to hear it's NO cancer! Wow, this is what I really call GOOD NEWS, Rose! smile.gif Keep my fingers crossed for the rest of tests and results; but I know you will manage it all.
You're still in my thoughts, and so is your friend Becky.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Sep-2006, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Becky is just completely in awe that many of you (strangers) are praying for her. I doubt she will join...working on her though. She is still extremely freaked out by this Hep C given to her when she gave blood. Her appt is September 18, same day as mine. so needless-to-say she and I will be comparing notes. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for praying for her y'all. She is one of my best friends in the world and think the world of her. If anything happened to her, I would be devastated! She learned today that those who have hep c are more likely to develop pancreatic cancer...so now she is all the more freaked out! I told her to stay off the internet aka (disinformational highway) by the medical field. I had to stay off it or I would have gone nuts!

Of course I keep worrying about myself because when they did the biopsy, they only got a very small, minute piece of tissue and it was benign. What if the other tissue in there wasn't?! See? worry wart me! I will feel better when I see the GYN doctor on the 18th and see what he has in store. If he tells me I have to go on HRT and does nothing else, you will hear me holler from whereever you all are! hee hee

Many thanks all for your continued prayers and support. Any suggestions you have is more than appreciated.
sisterknight 
Posted: 11-Sep-2006, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

rose- good things come in small packages...that's what my mum used to tell me all the time...all it takes is a small piece of you to get BIG results.....that is absolutely amazing i'm so happy for you!!!!! we'll continue to keep Both of you in my prayers....

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Sep-2006, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

well many thanks, sisterknight! I like your mum's encouraging words and I appreciate your kind words as well. Becky sends her love and thanks but says she will probably not be joining here. Oh well. I tried! LOL will keep y'all posted on our visits to the doc on Sept 18th. Many many thanks and hugs all!
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Sep-2006, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Sorry I'm chiming in a little late -- very, very good news, Rose! I'm happy for you. Now you just get down and clear up whatever is the matter, with good cheer. As for Becky -- well, I know you'll keep her posted of the good wishes. It must have been a real shock, coming out of nowhere like that. But she musn't go making herself crazy worrying about increased probabilities of other things. Usually those statistics mean "all other things being equal or unchanged." But something very good usually comes out of these crises, if the person learns from them -- their overall health improves because they just become more aware of the whole system, and make better choices about taking care of themselves overall. And that offsets that negative probability quite a lot.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]