ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

biggrin.gif Hi everyone...I just got off the phone with Paige Macmillan who is the games chair person this year. I have a list of the entertainers for the 2006 Highland Games. They are:

Alex Beaton
Brian Freeman
Tartan Terrors
Paisely Close

No, there will be no Clann An Drumma this year but Paige did tell me that they had to fight to get the Tartan Terrors on the bill. You see, there are a lot of 'older' board members who really prefer the classic sound of Alex Beaton (whom I also love!). However, there is a large number of younger folks who would like....a little more excitement at the games. So...this is a start!

If you'd like more info on our Mesa games you can find them here: www.arizonascots.com. The numbers last year are about 15,000.

SO...there is your open invitation!! This is a really family friendly weekend with stuff for the wee ones like rock climbing & wee caber toss. I was also told that Michaels Craft Stores will be running a 'craft area' for the wee ones this year! You know that CelticRose and I will both be there! How could you say no to that???

This is a great weekend in Arizona...our weather should be wonderful too!! The pipe bands are great and there is the athletics for both men & women!!

Welcome to the desert!!
amy smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Amy! That is a HUGE improvement! I will be looking forward to hearing the Tartan Terrors for sure! Thanks so much, Amy! We will work on CAD for next year! hee hee wink.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

HEY!!!!! This isn't fair. You guys don't want to share The Wicked Tinkers with us east coast Celts, we shouldn't have to share The Terrors with you. angel_not.gif biggrin.gif

You will love The Terrors live. It's nice to see that they are wanted all over the country. They are so funny and talented and just all around nice people. Enjoy and get your picture taken with them, so you can say, you knew them back when....

Actually, I saw the last east coast show that The Tinkers did. The were at Valley Forge, Pa. two years ago and the night before they were to leave, Philadelphia received 33 inches of snow and they were stranded for a few days. Since Keith Jones is a Jersey boy, he was use to snow like that but the California guys couldn't handle that. So, we may never see The Tinkers back east again. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

This sounds GREAT!! A Shrule...just remember how left out we west coast celts really are!! Not just in Arizona poor Rindy is just as deprived as we are!! But...I will take pics and will report in...

CelticRose and I will both be there....no doubt...she may be in her re-enactment group but...I know she'll manage to get away for the TT!!

Maybe the following year we can get a couple new - faster pace groups here...gotta break these board members in s l o w l y ..... naughty.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 13-Oct-2005, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Well, find out the contact information and PM it to Tequila Nancy and she'll send a BarleyJuice kit off to the folks in Arizona. Maybe you can have them along with the Terrors. You can't get a much faster pace then The Terrors and BarleyJuice. I'm sure Nancy would love to be in Arizona in February, then the Philly area.
PMEmail Poster               
ChocolateFilk 
  Posted: 16-Oct-2005, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacElder

Realm: San Diego Area

male

I am on the sound crew for the San Diego Highland Games, and we always have the Wicked Tinkers in our line up. We have had Alex Beaton several times. I have never heard of the Tartan Terrors till today. I found thier website, but no samples to liston to. Do they have any tracks on Highlander Radio? Guess I will have to check. I am not on my computer much, so I don't liston to Highlander Radio much.

I found Brian Freeman's site and liked the samples I found, I never did find a site for Paisely Close.

--------------------
Jesus is Lord ||| Love Kate ||| Clan Ross ||| Science Fiction ||| Windbourne Sound ||| Filker
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 16-Oct-2005, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

ChocolateFilk - I am hearing good things about the TT and I have many of the WT cd's now but I found nothing for Brian Freeman...would you send me a link (you can pm it) the one I found was an author... So...tell me...how big are the San Diego Games? I could zip over there for them...any excuse to come over to San Diego you know....any way...thanks for chiming in smile.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Oct-2005, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey y'all! I still haven't heard anything of the Tartan Terrors! I need to request their music on here then to hear them.

Amy! Interested in a road trip to San Diego to see the Wicked Tinkers?! wink.gif I believe they play there every June, isn't that right, ChocolateFilk?

Hey Mike! The WT do go back east! They were just in Maine! I have their whole schedule if you like. Hopefully they will get more gigs back there for you. Did you see my pics of them from July this year? They are WONDERFUL guys and it makes me mad that the Mesa games will not take them on. I was told it was because they were too loud! cool.gif

I wonder if Tartan Terrors have their CDs for sale on CDbaby.com? You can listen to sample tracks there, I know! That's an idea too! wink.gif

anyway, I am looking forward to the Mesa Highland event...........and yes! I will be dressed up in my re-enactment outfit! smile.gif
ChocolateFilk 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacElder

Realm: San Diego Area

male

ArizonaAmy and Celtic Rose, The San Diego Games are in late June in the City of Vista, north of San Diego. We have a free Friday night concert and the games go Saturday and Sunday. We have 2 stages, and always have the Tinkers on the Bear Garden stage. I don't know how ours compares in size to others, but it seems to be of decent size.

I spend the whole time working on the sound crew, so I don't get around much except at the end of the day. We have 2 stages and 4 remote sound systems to take care of. If you do happen to make it, look for a long haired guy hanging around one of the sound boards.

Here is a link to the San Diego Highland Games.

PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 18-Oct-2005, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Thanks ChocolateFilk - this seems like a good possibility for a road trip! It NEVER hurts to go to SD and leave the Valley of the Blistering Sun behind even for just a few days...I'll make note of the date...just in case....Even though are games in Mesa are 2 days...they are not as big as many but they are respectable...not sure if they could handle numbers much bigger. We do tend to cater to an older generation but with the athletics and pipebands/dancers...every year I've noticed more younger folks and families too! Still...have to keep June in mind!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Oct-2005, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks so much, CF! I heard the SD games were a pretty big size. I know someone who is at one of the booths there every year.

Amy, I heard that 2006 was going to be the last year in Mesa. They are going to relocate the games the year after that around the Phoenix area somewhere. wink.gif
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 25-Oct-2005, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Humm...I had not heard that but...I didn't ask it either...I'll have to do some checking on that...wonder where they will take it? Have any hints CR? It would be fun to see our games get bigger and better....well, we will see won't we? I can't wait til our games...February is such lovely weather here...I love to be oot an aboot...until about May that is... biggrin.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Nov-2005, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Amy! It is supposed to be somewhere in the Phoenix area, so it will be close...to you at least! wink.gif smile.gif
kiltedlover69 
Posted: 01-Jan-2006, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Saline Michigan

male

Who is the athletic director of these games? I will be off work and looking for a competition to go to. maybe I will make it down to Arizona.
Keltic 
Posted: 02-Jan-2006, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

QUOTE (kiltedlover69 @ 01-Jan-2006, 07:40 PM)
Who is the athletic director of these games? I will be off work and looking for a competition to go to. maybe I will make it down to Arizona.

Here is the info for the Athletic Director for the Arizona Highland Games & Scottish Gathering:

Athletics Competitions
Ryan Seckman, Chair
[email protected]
(480) 396-3757

More information can be found at the Games website

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]