Elspeth 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

So, what would it be? And is it possible to make it happen?

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

Me on a mountain top on a crisp cool fall morning 20 minutes before sunrise alone with the creator.

And yes it can happen and does.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
cori 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

Sorry, but there's just no such thing as perfection here on earth. I mean, who can really praise and worship God perfectly and as He deserves?

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
MacErca 
Posted: 01-Sep-2004, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Yes your are right of course in that we are not perfect.
But I believe the Word says make a "Joyful Noise unto the Lord"
it doesnt have to be perfect, just truthful and from the heart, and not for gain, but just for the sheer joy in lifting His Name up in praise, when will it be perfect,,, not until "this emperfection puts on perfection" "we see as in a mirror darkly, but then face to face" then we will be able to praise Him with perfection, but until that time I will lift my old croaky voice and make that joyful noise unto him, be it in the city streets or in his wonderful creation. smile.gif

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
cori 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

But I believe the Word says make a "Joyful Noise unto the Lord"
it doesnt have to be perfect, just truthful and from the heart,

Very true. I didn't mean that we shouldn't try.

PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Sep-2004, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

My idea of a perfect church doesn't exist either, but I will say what I would like. I would like total harmony, love, acceptance from other believers and no hypocrisy. No fighting, bickering over the grey issues or any issues. That we all have our beliefs and why and should accept others for such as that. I am not saying there is no room for loving debate, but that is what is lacking.......loving debate! I find that I have a lot of anger towards the church for the very lack of the above which to this day hinders me from even wanting to get involved in church. I attend, but that is it.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 03-Sep-2004, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

My ideal church would be one where the leaders do not use God's name in vain on issues that cross moral, ethical, and political lines.

Can you tell I'm a progressive Catholic biggrin.gif tongue.gif ?

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Cailiosa 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Western Kentucky

female

I think the closet thing to a perfect church (or body of believers) while on earth is outlined in Acts 2:42-47:
"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and te together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."
I went to a church this summer in Panama City, Fl called Northstar that tried to model the early church spoken of in Acts. You could tell they had a passion for God and a love for people, both lost and saved. Their desire was to see lost people come to Christ and those who were already believers grow in their relationship with God.

--------------------
"For man He suffered and He died:
If man will take His word as guide
And leave all infamy,
Then we shall come to happiness
And blisses more than we can guess in Jesu's company."

Check out my journal
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I told my hubby today that I no longer wanted to go church. I know that comes as shock to some of you, but that is just as I feel. The church that we go to is boring and I get nothing out it and I have been going all this time because of hubby who is adamant that we go to church. This is indeed has no reflection on my faith.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 05-Sep-2004, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

As far as my ideal church in terms of looks, here is some idea of what the interior would look. It is a picture of St. Margaret of Scotland Church in Chicago, IL. It is the original parish in my neighborhood.

www.stmargaretofscotland.com/

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
Elspeth 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Oh, my Gosh that church is gorgeous Mike!

Rose, I know you're making a bit of a bold move. I pray God soon leads you to where He wants you to be. Personally, I think 'church' has gotten far off the mark. It has become an institution that must be served instead of what it was meant to be as posted by Cailiosa. (and hello to you! smile.gif )
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Sep-2004, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Elspeth! I have since reconsidered my supposed bold move. I have just been feeling a lot of hurt and pain lately and you know how sometimes you think that God is not there for you.............when really He is there the closest with you at that time. Well I asked for forgiveness from God and I decided that I need to be in church for if anything at all to worship and praise and give thanks with other believers, for all His blessings to me. To participate in the breaking of bread and teaching of the Word. I need to quit feeling sorry for myself and get on with life and what God wants me to do. I also need to quit this attitude of what AM I GETTING out of church and be into giving of myself. Gosh! Somebody must have been really been praying for me! unsure.gif And what Cailiosa had to say was very beautiful.
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 16-Mar-2006, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

I'd rather not envision a perfect Church because in this world there can never be such a Church. Why? Because it would be mannaged by man.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Antwn 
Posted: 16-Mar-2006, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

My perfect church would be an empty one gathering dust, or converted into a homeless shelter or something infinitely more useful than idle pontificating about "the lord", while for moments of "worship" I would be sitting amongst the ferns in the Olympic Nat. Park forest surrounded by 200 foot fir trees letting myself become immersed in the deep silence......beats platitudes any day in my book.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 17-Mar-2006, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

I agree that the perfect church doesn't exist. And if there was one, I would ruin it once I joined angel_not.gif !

I have gone to church all of my life. Seen good ones and bad ones. Some good guiding principles in a church that I look for are:

1. Preach the Truth without compromise. Don't be afraid if it doesn't follow the accepted party line or is politically incorrect.

2. Preach the Truth with love and compassion. If you have right doctrine but have no love and compassion, you become as a "sounding brass and a tinkling cymbal."

3. Reach out to those that no one cares about. Some churches are afraid to bring in the "lower class of society" because they are afraid that their precious building will get messy. I have no use for them.

4. Have a heart for world missions. The message of Jesus is so good that it is unfair to keep it at home. In order to fulfill Acts 1:8, we must go around the corner and around the world!

5. Make a difference. There are enough social clubs disguising themselves as churches. When we get to Heaven, I would like to know that I have been in a church that made a difference for eternity.

Just my two cents. Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]