Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,993 Gold!

We have always believed that playing a wide range of Celtic themed music is the best format for Highlander Radio. This allows us to play everything from Bagpipes, to Traditional, New Age, Scottish, Irish, Welsh and more.

One forgotten format of songs are those made specifically for Children and Celtic themed Celtic Stories. The Gaels believed in passing down traditions through the stories and the tales they told their children.

We would like to honor that tradition by allotting a small amount of time for Celtic Themed stories and for Celtic music for children.

This may not be popular with everyone, but we believe it is important to offer a consistent time each week that listeners can tune into our Celtic Story Time.

We have allotted Sundays through Thursdays at 10:00pm EST for a Celtic Story. The stories range from 5 mins to as long as 17 mins and are geared towards children and adults alike. We currently have 7 weeks of stories, so you could listen for almost 2 months and not hear the same story twice. We are also actively seeking story tellers to increase this library.

Saturday and Sundays from 7:45am to 8:30am we will feature 1 Celtic Story (geared towards Children) and Celtic music for and sung by Children.

A few adjustments have been made to the schedule. Such as tonight the Top Ten Count down had a story splat in the middle! No, we didn't plan that and have schedule the Top Ten after the Celtic Story.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ghost 
Posted: 14-Oct-2005, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

What an excellent idea! 10:00 pm is a little late...but the weekends thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 02:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

10:00pm is pretty late for kids. Mine go to bed at 8:30 on school nights. And they're usually not out of bed by 7:45 in the morning on weekends. An 8:00pm time would work a lot better during the week, but that's just one opinion and one family's schedule... cool.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]