Posted: 24-Mar-2008, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

I came in late today since I didn't sleep well last night and had also given the girls the day off from school as an Easter holiday. So, I'll be here until about 4:45 today. Just going through an unbelievable backlog of emails. I didn't get on the computer all weekend so, boy howdy, I have about 300 more to go through and I've been at it for about 20 minutes already!

I think I'll go get myself a cup of coffee and settle in for a long, quiet afternoon. My boss may go home early because she's got a really awful backache so I'll pretty much be here for phone duty and that's about it.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 24-Mar-2008, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Oklahoma

male

Just finished my Gàidhlig lesson for the day, and now reading about the Benedictine monestary that's in my area.
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 24-Mar-2008, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

Feeling a bit tired as I have been up most of the night. It is now after 2:00PM and yet I cant sleep.

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 24-Mar-2008, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hanging around the forum, and listening to music. Druid sit back in a recliner and just relax don't think about sleeping it will come.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 24-Mar-2008, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

Some days....., ordered a machine on the 12th to arrive here the 13th, nothing, left message to customer service, gets back to me on Fri the 14th, sorry will ship on Mon the 17th, ok, I explain it to my customer , they can live,
Tue the 18th nothing, call customer service looking for tracking info, 19th CS emails with sorry, but it actually shipped from Chicago not NJ so it will be there on 21st, Good Friday , a holiday , so I show up for work to recieve package, no package, call CS of UPS, sorry , we listed you as closed and will deliver it on Monday the 24th, even though I called Thurs to confirm we would be open on Good Friday for deliveries.
Monday, today, machine shows up, we bring it to customers and do setup , normally we do setup and testing in the shop, get it setup at customers, No Power, troubleshoot, call tech services, oh, return the machine and we'll fix it .
Now I'm ticked, this deal has been the transaction from hell. Its now 4:00 and still waiting for tech services and customer service supervisors to call me back, though they said they would by 1:30. I have 3 different company screwups, Mfg., distributer and delivery company and who's left holding the bag, me and the customer patiently waiting after I have made every excuse there is. Patience and understanding, patience and understanding, repeat.....

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
ranger 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Hmmmmm......at work (supposed to be working sad.gif ), listening to Gaelic Storm, drinking my coffee and reading the Fox Soccer webpage. (Go Red Devils....Premiere League and Champions League glory!!!!) beer_mug.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Just finished the morning office "chores" - watered the plants, made coffee, checked the photocopy machines to see if I needed to add paper or if toner was low. I guess it's about time to turn on Highlander Radio to get some music in here. My boss is out sick and one other person is out today so that leaves 4 of us in the office.

mmm...I fixed Hazlenut coffee this morning. Now it's time to meander through the forums and my email.

valpal59 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I just finished the "office chores" also. Now cruising the forums and checking my email. Hopefully it will be quite in the office today.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Patience and understanding, patience and understanding, repeat...............

Customer service called at 5:00 yesterday and I had to buy another machine so they could do a quick exchange while the broken unit is returned. Waiting for UPS delivery as promised, of course they never sent the tracking info so I have no idea if they did ship it overnite and they haven't answered my email. Patience and understanding, patience and understanding, repeat................

Hurry up and wait
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I'm watching my 2 year old granddaughter play with her toy cellphone. She's a carbon copy of her Mom when she's talking on her cellphone. My daughter has the gift of gab just like her Dad. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
ranger 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 09:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Aaaaaaaahhhggggggggg....boss is back...now I have to work!!! crybaby.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 25-Mar-2008, 09:43 AM)

Customer service called at 5:00 yesterday and I had to buy another machine so they could do a quick exchange while the broken unit is returned. Waiting for UPS delivery as promised, of course they never sent the tracking info so I have no idea if they did ship it overnite and they haven't answered my email. Patience and understanding, patience and understanding, repeat................

Hurry up and wait

This reminds me of the story of the two buzzards on the dead tree waiting for something to die, finally one says to the other..."Patience, Hell! I am going out and kill something!"
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I actually found a way to work some work into my busy email scanning/forum posting day. I'm working on a project online and it takes the site a minute or two to reload after I click through to another page for additional info. So, while the page is reloading, I can read an email or two or even type in a quick post.

I do love multitasking! wink.gif
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Druid_of_Ark @ 25-Mar-2008, 11:33 AM)

Hurry up and wait

This reminds me of the story of the two buzzards on the dead tree waiting for something to die, finally one says to the other..."Patience, Hell! I am going out and kill something!"

Hallelulea, It arrived, in one piece, and it works, going to deliver it now, wish me luck.
No kid to kill anything now. laugh.gif

Patience and understanding................

PS while waiting for UPS I did get to do alot of my email, too!!! cool.gif
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 25-Mar-2008, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Druid_of_Ark @ 25-Mar-2008, 11:33 AM)

Hurry up and wait

Hallelulea, It arrived, in one piece, and it works, going to deliver it now, wish me luck.
No need to kill anything now. laugh.gif

Patience and understanding................

PS while waiting for UPS I did get to do alot of my email, too!!! cool.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]