CelticCoalition 
Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

For the 2008 presidential election I would like to see former Mayor Giuliani go against Hillary Clinton.

Depending on their campaign platforms, I'd probably vote for Giuliani too.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 12:34 PM
Quote Post

ur-Lord of the Domain and Realms

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Caer RivenMyst, Fantasia I.D.

male

I'd like to see the govenor of Virginia run for the Office.

--------------------
user posted image

There's magick in believing...

The Domain and Realms
http://www.thedomainandrealms.com
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 03:28 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I know it's a tradition for the Vice President of the outgoing administration to seek his party's nomination for the presidency, but I doubt Cheney will do it. Two reasons:

1. I don't think his ticker could take it.
2. Edgar Bergen never switched places with Charlie McCarthy.

My prediction for the '08 presidential race:

Democrat: Hillary
Republican: Jeb

I'll vote for Hillary, but I'll do it how l like to think most sane, reasonable Republicans voted for Dubya in '04: holding their noses while doing it. Jeb probably sees the Oval Office as his birthright.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

Confirmed Daydreamer
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Oh no, CC you really want to bring out the dark side of me don't you? cool.gif tongue.gif

I think Jeb/Hillary is a good prediction, although Hillary keeps insisting she will not run. I think she will. Condoleezza says she won't run either, and I have a stronger inclination to believe what she says, so I don't think she will run. If GW is any indication of Jeb's philosophy, and he runs against Hillary, the vote will be for a liberal anyway, so I'll stick with Jeb in the hopes that my beloved America might be represented closest to the way I see it (tongue way, deeply buried in cheek). However, Hillary does seem to see the wisdom in seeing the fight against terrorism to some sort of final conclusion....and that to her own expense in her party. However, I think to myself "she's a Clinton, how better to garner those fledgling or weary republican voters than to make yourself their ally."

To me, our country is more than ready for a female president, and there is no other woman I would more like to see there than Condoleezza. Honestly, I don't think it matters who would run against her either, I feel she would be a shoo in. I think she has poise, class, confidence, leadership ability, a tough chin, is unquestionably intelligent....she has it all. I think her skin color may work against her because I've heard her called the "whitest woman in Washington", but at the same time it would help the image of our nation having a black person in the top job. So I guess I'm saying Condoleezza v. Hillary, or Dean, or Ms. Pacman, Howdy-Doody, Jim Carrey, or anyone else on the planet....I vote for Rice.

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

There is only one MAN worthy of the job, John McCain. I wouldn't vote for Hillary if she was the ONLY person on the ballot, and I think the country has had enough Bushs to last for a LOOOOOOOOONG time to come!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Swanny 
Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 07:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Dr. Condoleeza Rice is the only one I can think of in either major party who is worth a tinker's dam,. If she runs she'll most likely get my vote. If she doesn't I'll vote for whatever libertarian runs and wish both major parties a happy hotdog roast in the deepest depths of hell.

If we keep voting the same way we've always voted we're gonna keep getting the same old B.S. we've always gotten.

Do I think I might be a bit disgusted with the endless escalating petty partisan bickering that passes for "government"?

Yep.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 20-Jun-2006, 03:28 PM)
I know it's a tradition for the Vice President of the outgoing administration to seek his party's nomination for the presidency, but I doubt Cheney will do it. Two reasons:

1. I don't think his ticker could take it.
2. Edgar Bergen never switched places with Charlie McCarthy.

My prediction for the '08 presidential race:

Democrat: Hillary
Republican: Jeb

I'll vote for Hillary, but I'll do it how l like to think most sane, reasonable Republicans voted for Dubya in '04: holding their noses while doing it. Jeb probably sees the Oval Office as his birthright.

I don't think Jeb will do it because he's a Bush. However I think he'd be better then "W". He was nominated as being one of the best Governors in the Country and I have to agree. I've lived in Florida for 16 years and had Chiles for the first 8 and he was ok but I think Jeb has done an outstanding job as Gov.

--------------------
ALL4114Christ!

343 Their blood cries out! NEVER FORGET 9/11!

The 2nd Ammendment. The original Homeland Security!

"To those who would follow laws; laws need not apply. Those who would not follow laws; laws will have no affect upon."

Plato

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis
PMEmail Poster                
Nova Scotian 
Posted: 20-Jun-2006, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Tampa Florida

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 20-Jun-2006, 06:31 PM)
There is only one MAN worthy of the job, John McCain. I wouldn't vote for Hillary if she was the ONLY person on the ballot, and I think the country has had enough Bushs to last for a LOOOOOOOOONG time to come!

beer_mug.gif

Between Hilary and McCain, I choose McCain but I have a lot of problem with his stance on Gun rights. He's no friend of the NRA. Gun rights are a VERY important to me.
PMEmail Poster                
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 21-Jun-2006, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 21-Jun-2006, 12:31 AM)

beer_mug.gif

I wholeheartedly agree.

stoirmeil 
Posted: 21-Jun-2006, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

I don't think it's the right time for Hillary. She's doing a good job for us here in New York, and she needs to keep developing on that level for another term. Then maybe yes, IF she does develop that way. It's not clear to me she really has it.

There is McCain. He does not grab me personally, but he survived knowing when a change was in order and having the guts to make it, instead of fossilizing into partisan loyalty.

Jeb Bush is a moron. The GOP has to put up something better than that. Giuliani would be better, certainly he is smarter and more sophisticated, but I'm not fond of him (again, on a longstanding, pre-2001 New Yorker's basis). Condie Rice might do it, she is smart and has class, but I don't know how independent minded she is under fire -- she's been too much of a yes-person in this administration and I'm afraid I don't trust her to be the top banana with no one else above her (except a congress full of chalk-stripe suits).
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 21-Jun-2006, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

On a lighter note.....I think Oprah should run. Probably a hundred reasons why not but she seems so much more honest, not to mention good willed.

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
Its not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
ShadowDarkFyre 
Posted: 21-Jun-2006, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

male

Why would she want to. Lot less headaches doing what she's doing now...

TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 21-Jun-2006, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
2,147,483,647 Gold!

Frankly, I've become extremely disillusioned with nearly everyone. The last person I saw in public office that I think has the courage and integrity for the job won't run-- Colin Powell.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
Senara 
Posted: 21-Jun-2006, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (TheCarolinaScotsman @ 21-Jun-2006, 06:03 PM)
Frankly, I've become extremely disillusioned with nearly everyone. The last person I saw in public office that I think has the courage and integrity for the job won't run-- Colin Powell.

why won't he run.....
1. He's got a brain and knows how to use it.
2. Isn't going to be any VP's puppet.

I'd like to see two people that have never run for anything above city government office go at it. It would be fresh, interesting, and hopefully not as predictable as the last 24 years have been

and if I can't have that I want Dogshirt and Stormeil to run for office...*nodnodnodnod*
beer_mug.gif thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chir drn a thoirt an aghaidh pig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is cel.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 21-Jun-2006, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I graciously accept the nomination. wink.gif
The first thing on my platform is to lower beer prices, the country canna continue like this! disgust.gif

beer_mug.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt