Posted: 21-Nov-2005, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

If you want a good crowd at church in Navajoland, haul in the food tongue.gif ! We had our annual Thanksgiving meal together and had a good crowd with a lot of visitors. One lady named Lena came for the second Sunday in a row. Our Navajo pastor is related to her.

Bro. Ray preached his heart out and Lena responded to the invitation. My wife had the privilege of leading her to the Lord! She is very concerned about her son. He is rarely home, but is supposed to be there Thanksgiving Day. My son, son-in-law, and I are going to visit him a present the Lord Jesus to him Pray that the Gospel will go forth with His power. We can do nothing, but He can do all things!

Though I would share the blessing. Blessing are always better when they are shared smile.gif . Have a great day in Him!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 26-Nov-2005, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Oh man, that is WONderful news!!! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, food brings in the Georgia Baptists too. laugh.gif laugh.gif And can those Church ladies COOK!

LOL!
Siobhan

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
haynes9 
Posted: 30-Nov-2005, 12:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 26-Nov-2005, 12:07 PM)
Oh man, that is WONderful news!!! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, food brings in the Georgia Baptists too. laugh.gif laugh.gif And can those Church ladies COOK!

LOL!
Siobhan

If you look up the word BAPTIST you are bound to find the word FOOD in the definition somewhere laugh.gif ! What would a Baptist meeting be without the three "F's"-Food, Fun, and Fellowship!

Have a great day!
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Dec-2005, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Honey, you got THAT right!!!
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Dec-2005, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well hello, Haynes9! I have not had the pleasure of meeting you. So nice to have you here. I live in central Arizona and surrounded by many Indian tribes. Your area is very very beautiful, so I hear. I have not had the pleasure of seeing it for myself, but my hubby has. Your news is very exciting and I would love to hear more about it if you care to share! The Navaho people have always had a special place in my heart. Would love to share with you.

I attended a Church of Christ church for many years and the word *food* was a good invitation for many as well..so not only the Baptists! LOL
haynes9 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 12:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 25-Dec-2005, 09:53 PM)
Well hello, Haynes9! I have not had the pleasure of meeting you. So nice to have you here. I live in central Arizona and surrounded by many Indian tribes. Your area is very very beautiful, so I hear. I have not had the pleasure of seeing it for myself, but my hubby has. Your news is very exciting and I would love to hear more about it if you care to share! The Navaho people have always had a special place in my heart. Would love to share with you.

I attended a Church of Christ church for many years and the word *food* was a good invitation for many as well..so not only the Baptists! LOL

Hi CelticRose!

You are probably not too far from us. We live in what is considered the Four
Corners region We are about 65 miles west of Gallup, NM and about 135 miles east of Flagstaff.

Our ministry is basically that of church planters. We try and start works and then train Navajo people to do the work and put ourselves out of a job. It is a unique and exciting challenge. We have lived on the Rez for nine years and I have been coming out for about 20 years. The mission we started in the community of Lukachukai now has their own Native pastor. I am still there, but Pastor Ray is the pastoral authority. We have a Bible Institute to train people.

I have a newsletter that I send out about every other month. I would be glad to send it to your personal email address. Let me know if you are interested.

Trust you had a great Christmas! Lord bless you and thanks for the interest in the work!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 01:00 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh! I would most definitely be interested! Will PM you now! Thanks! wink.gif
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Many moons ago I was involved with the Hare Krishna Movement, it was common for that group to use vegetarian feasts to lure new members.

Food does work, so instead of luring people to worship a myth, why not use food to bring people to the One Who lived and gave Himself for all mankind?

The book of James also speaks about helping with physical needs before meeting spiritual needs.

We often has fellowship meals.

Good news about the new sister in the church, praise the Lord!

--------------------
haynes9 
Posted: 26-Dec-2005, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Tassiecelt @ 26-Dec-2005, 03:19 PM)
Many moons ago I was involved with the Hare Krishna Movement, it was common for that group to use vegetarian feasts to lure new members.

Food does work, so instead of luring people to worship a myth, why not use food to bring people to the One Who lived and gave Himself for all mankind?

The book of James also speaks about helping with physical needs before meeting spiritual needs.

We often has fellowship meals.

Good news about the new sister in the church, praise the Lord!

Could not agree with you more! Any means that is right and honest is a good method to get people in! And what's more honest than food laugh.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]