Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,118 Gold!

Blackmore's Night is one of those acts that do not really strive to push the boundaries and sustain an "evolution" record after record, but rather focus on exploring different aspects, moods and option within their niche. The group's signature medieval tunes and unusual instruments have been a staple on their music and imagery, and latest studio effort Dancer and The Moon does not fall short of suggestive arrangements echoing distant eras. This album is not a collection of folk standard or historical tunes, but neither some kind of "crossover" record. The concept followed by Ritchie Blackmore and Candice Night is not really about blending folk and rock, but rather to create something unique blinking an eye to several elements “borrowed” from both genres.

The album features 13 songs that are truly able to create captivating sonic textures via the unusual combination of instruments as diverse as renaissance drums, tambourines, keyboard, accordion and even French horns. The blend of old and new provides an authentic feel and an organic vibe that carries the listener hand in hand from start to bottom. This is definitely a solid chapter that stands as a further testimony of the importance of Blackmore's Night's legacy- that of keeping interest in historical music and folk alive and well and promote it to a larger audience who still follows and remembers Blackmore for his work with famed hard rock band Deep Purple.

Review on Blackmore's Night
Visit Album Page

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]