> Clann An Drumma, Highlander Radio Featured Artist
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey cynni and Rindy! I LOVE my silver pendant. Got it on right now as a matter of fact. I read in the faerie magazine where at least two new CDs were coming out. That would be exciting! Cynni, I didn't realize it was your husband who made the boots for the band. They look awesome! What are ghillies, btw? unsure.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Celtic Rose & Cynni and anyone else out here.. I am anxious about the two new CD's-that will be wonderful with the new band members Aya & Kyle.. I know I am going to miss the sounds of Davy and Tu.. sad.gif

CR- I asked the same question- I had never heard of them either..I will let Cynni tell ya that one..What did you think of the magazine and the photos and the article..?

Well with the end of the tour coming up the band is going to be swamped..I wish them all the luck- I just wish they were touring out west..someday may be.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 04-Aug-2005, 06:44 PM)
What are ghillies, btw? unsure.gif

. They look kinda of like fingers wrapped around the toes with laces. They can either be like a high boot like Jacquie"s of like the guys and around the ankle. Thsi is what the dictionary said ." light shoe with long laces: a low-cut tongueless shoe that laces across the foot and sometimes up the ankle"
sorry I didn't get back sooner but I went with my l husband in the truck. Went out to Kansas City, Kansas then to Lancaster Pa. biggrin.gif Had a great time. Wendy leaves with him Sun.

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

Hey guys...can you direct me to the magazine you all are talking about? It sounds like something I should have too...can I find it online or go to the bookstore? I would have to think about my fav CAD songs...I do like the 3 you've mentioned but I am a sucker for pipes the kind that is loud and makes you tap your toes but also a lamentful sound as well...I'll check back in with a couple other favs...putting them on right now!

Keep it Tribal!
amy

--------------------
cynni 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (ArizonaAmy9 @ 06-Aug-2005, 09:19 AM)
Hey guys...can you direct me to the magazine you all are talking about? It sounds like something I should have too...can I find it online or go to the bookstore? I would have to think about my fav CAD songs...I do like the 3 you've mentioned but I am a sucker for pipes the kind that is loud and makes you tap your toes but also a lamentful sound as well...I'll check back in with a couple other favs...putting them on right now!

Keep it Tribal!
amy

Yes You can either order it on line or you can get it at Borders. That is where I got mine at. It is called "Faerie Magazine". It is a cool magazine. Alot of people from the ClannAnDrumma Forum ordered on line. It might be sold out. I am not sure though. I hope not. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Thanks cynni
I am on the way to Borders later today so I will look there. I decided to play my CAD cds while my daughter was at soccer practice. SO, while I was scurrying around for shade, I kept my ears busy...I think my fav CAD cd would be Tribal Vortex...but I have fav songs on all of them...so hard to choose!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Cynni for the explanation. I have never heard of them, but I am sure I have seen them many times like maybe at the games or at Ren fests.....maybe?

Where is it that everyone is going to this weekend? I am a little confused on that. Is it a CAD gig?

Amy, hope you find one at borders. If not, the website is this

www.faerieworlds.com

You can just order the summer issue, but I promise you you will want to subscribe to the magazine. It is just too cool. If they are sold out of the summer, I will show you my magazine when I see you next month. Let me know.

I thought the article and photos in there were excellent of CAD too. Learned some things about the guys I didn't know and hopefully it is true about the new CDs.

I have them all now but my favorite still remains to be Trival Waves. rolleyes.gif
cynni 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 06-Aug-2005, 07:52 PM)
Thanks Cynni for the explanation. I have never heard of them, but I am sure I have seen them many times like maybe at the games or at Ren fests.....maybe?

Where is it that everyone is going to this weekend? I am a little confused on that. Is it a CAD gig?

Amy, hope you find one at borders. If not, the website is this

www.faerieworlds.com

You can just order the summer issue, but I promise you you will want to subscribe to the magazine. It is just too cool. If they are sold out of the summer, I will show you my magazine when I see you next month. Let me know.

I thought the article and photos in there were excellent of CAD too. Learned some things about the guys I didn't know and hopefully it is true about the new CDs.

I have them all now but my favorite still remains to be Trival Waves. rolleyes.gif

You will see alot of Gillies at the highland games and at ren fest also.
They had an article in a local paper about this woman that makes them also. She said that hers are all hand made. She uses a sewing machine. Where as my husband even sews them by hand.
I helped sew on Jamesie while I went with him out in the truck. They will defineatley be done this weekend. Jamesie will be so happy. His are boots though.
Have happy weekend !
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Just reading this post cynni- was wondering how do you keep your fingers from getting so sore??? I wouldn't call using a sewing machine by hand...LOL Its going to be so busy for the band the next month or so..wish I could be there!!! Was wondering are you going to Scotland or shipping Jamesies boots? I am confused here. Thats me...LOL laugh.gif May be your waiting until September? I hope your going to that one-. I think the gillies are so neat..I love the full moccasins too..

Good to see you..you have a great weekend..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

HI
Fingers don't hurt to much unless I poke them with a needle. sad.gif Wel will be mailing the boots off to him. Right now $$$ is tight. I am sure e verybody knows that feeling.
Have a great day later.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (cynni @ 07-Aug-2005, 08:57 AM)
HI
Fingers don't hurt to much unless I poke them with a needle. sad.gif Wel will be mailing the boots off to him. Right now $$$ is tight. I am sure e verybody knows that feeling.
Have a great day later.

Thanks cynni! May I ask do you use a thimble? I know leather can be tough..How did you and your hubby get involved in making moccasins?

Are you going to be at the Sept. games in New Hampshire?

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

My husband started with the leather things. He has made everybody Like an indian moccasins first. Then one time we went to renisance fair in OH. He saw some boots.Watched how they made the molding of the peoples feet and leg. We could not afford them so he tried himself. they wanted over $600.00. He does a great job If I say so. But I might be a little prejudice.
He has also made a shield. a backstrap for his sword. he really enjoys doing it.
No I do not use a thimble. If I can't get the needle through I use plyers. Easier to pull through.

No more games this year. N.H. to far away. If any probably Pa.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (cynni @ 07-Aug-2005, 11:26 AM)
My husband started with the leather things. He has made everybody Like an indian moccasins first. Then one time we went to renisance fair in OH. He saw some boots.Watched how they made the molding of the peoples feet and leg. We could not afford them so he tried himself. they wanted over $600.00. He does a great job If I say so. But I might be a little prejudice.
He has also made a shield. a backstrap for his sword. he really enjoys doing it.
No I do not use a thimble. If I can't get the needle through I use plyers. Easier to pull through.

No more games this year. N.H. to far away. If any probably Pa.

Very interesting cynni! I think he does a great job too! Over $600.00 then wow...funny when I think of your hubby I think of the pic where he is sewing- its a great picture..don't remember where I saw it..LOL! That moccasin class I talked about on CAD they only gave you enough leather to make one. Whats up with that? We sat through the blazin heat to make one moccasin..
Plyers "yes me saying to self" we are in the year 2000's.. laugh.gif

Sorry to hear you won't be going to NH.. I wish I were able to make the Edinburgh ones...someday...
You and yours have a really good day...

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
cynni 
Posted: 07-Aug-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

The indian mocassins were just for the family. No body else has asked for them.
Made his boots for when he rides his Harley. Which isn't to often cause he spends most of his time in the truck. He has had them I would say about 3 years think.
He made all CAD members gillies. Then he has made the boots for them also.
If I had to take a class I think I would of had to use a lot more than what they gave you.
Take care.
Cindy
PMEmail Poster               
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 08-Aug-2005, 02:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Well, I am glad you gave me the link for the mag, as my Borders did not have it. AND the man I asked about it looked at me like I was crazy! So, I might try another Border's or just subscribe online - since it sounds like fun. Well, have to get lunches made and packed now...then off to bed! Kids back to school tomorrow! smile.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]