Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Losing Interest Upon Celtic Culture?!, what can I do now?
mingkee 
Posted: 25-Sep-2005, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

An Asian Celt from Hong Kong
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Brooklyn, NY

male

it's been a while
recently I have problem with Live365 and T-Mobile (drops the stream after about 30 seconds, while WUFV and Celticgrove don't have such problem), then I am no longer able to listen Highlanderradio
because of the field training, I was also unable to listen WFUV's Celtic program (the training is 7 days a week)
recently we came back to garrison, and start to listen back WFUV "Ceol na nGael", I have the similar feeling, but I found I start to lose the interest of Celtic culture

what should I do now?

--------------------
a Chinese Celt from Hong Kong
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Well...what is it you want to do? If you think that you're losing interest in the Celtic music/culture thing, maybe it's time for a break. I tend to wander away from the music sometimes because I'm just in the mood for other types for awhile. I always come back, though. Maybe it's the same way for you. Whichever way it goes, you'll be ok. We'll still be here. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 26-Sep-2005, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Hah!! I say note.gif put him in a longboat til he's sober. note.gif

Nahhh -- it's true. There's so much music in the world! so many other cultures. . . you'll get more out of any of them with other things to compare it to.
PMEmail Poster               
Haldur 
Posted: 27-Sep-2005, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

"Posing as Human" - Rise

Go buy this now...you'll never look at Celtic/world music the same way after doing so. I recommend their 1st album, too.

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 28-Sep-2005, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

That's quite a recommendation! What does it sound like?

Interested SBlues

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 30-Sep-2005, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ 28-Sep-2005, 10:04 AM)
That's quite a recommendation! What does it sound like?

Interested SBlues

It's a wonderful CD with songs covering a range of political and sociological situations from the Celtic battles against the crown, up through modern times. "I will Love You Always" is a touching song about two lovers doomed never to be together. It's made all the more poinient by its prequel on Uncertain Wonders, "Time and Tide". At the same time, the title track is an intrgueing take on all the hypocracy in the world today, and begs the question of what does it mean to act inhuman.

I definately recommend both of these CDs! You can sample at least some of the tracks here on Highlander Radio

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Oct-2005, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,419 Gold!

QUOTE (mingkee @ 26-Sep-2005, 12:15 AM)
it's been a while
recently I have problem with Live365 and T-Mobile (drops the stream after about 30 seconds, while WUFV and Celticgrove don't have such problem), then I am no longer able to listen Highlanderradio
because of the field training, I was also unable to listen WFUV's Celtic program (the training is 7 days a week)
recently we came back to garrison, and start to listen back WFUV "Ceol na nGael", I have the similar feeling, but I found I start to lose the interest of Celtic culture

what should I do now?

Mingkee,

Perhaps it is time to listen to some other music. For myself, I have a wide range of musical flavors that I listen to. Everything from old movie soundtreks to the latest musical selections.

One of the attributes of Highlander Radio is the goal of playing a wide range of Celtic music. If you listen for a few days, you are going to hear everything. Some of the tracks cross over to other genres, some tracks are actually pop songs done with a Celtic flavor.

We also have one of the best sounding streams available when used with the MP3 pro-plug in. I am just not aware of another Celtic stream that can beat the sound quality of Highlander Radio. And we support Celtic musicians because we are a legal broadcast, fully licensed with royalty payments paid by our broadcast partner.

Losing interest in Celtic Culture? There is more than just music. Their is history, stories, art and much much more. I wouldn't sit there until I am board blue though, find some other interest to fill your time! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]